Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
4eyes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: HUGE AMATUER DEBUT - I Lost :(

Dude mellow out, Hagler lost like his first several amateur bouts your still a kid, if you really want this just go back t the drawing board and don't let this detour you
4eyes is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #17
Deshaun

vCash: 500

I definitely wouldn't say you're too old have fun with exercising and competitive. Heck if you keep it up, you would have had 4 decades of exercising by enough time I began. So I think there's a lot of probability to get better and arrive at your prospective.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Deshaun is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugilisticteen View Post
Thanks everyone its been a day since and I trained today, I feel sharp and I went a lot harder in the gym, no coasting because my coaches might give me praise, its hardwork non-stop now. For the only negative comment, I think your a troll, but if your genuine i'll say this, to be specific the facebook event for the show had 457 people attending, it was a traditional boxing show which is staged at cambridge uni every year, the 106th event. Im sure you can imagine the atmosphere and thats what I was reffering to when I stated it was a "HUGE" debut. And ive I admitted I got beat up and bruised, why would I lie about my feelings going in? theres no logic in that. I was so calm, no nerves or jelly legs, the highlight was the ring walk when everyone started cheering and I held back a smile. I went in cool as a cucumber, I took a beating and walked out with my chin up and thats 100% truth. Goodbye to you sir, Thanks everyone else for your answers so far
You were likely in a tourney then, though I didnt say anything about the event, the truth is to have a turn out of 457 people at an amateur event is rare, your lucky to have 50-100 turn out and this is even at tourneys as well depends on the Tourney local or regional.

Anyhow keep your head up man in all reality I think you should have not been put in such a big event your first time out, you should have been in the gym much longer than what you were in the gym for IMO I can only bag your trainer for this I just do not believe any good trainer would have rushed you into a show in a little over three months
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
pugilisticteen
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
You were likely in a tourney then, though I didnt say anything about the event, the truth is to have a turn out of 457 people at an amateur event is rare, your lucky to have 50-100 turn out and this is even at tourneys as well depends on the Tourney local or regional.

Anyhow keep your head up man in all reality I think you should have not been put in such a big event your first time out, you should have been in the gym much longer than what you were in the gym for IMO I can only bag your trainer for this I just do not believe any good trainer would have rushed you into a show in a little over three months

Hi man thanks for your reply, lol nah I was not in a tourny, it was a amatuer night of boxing at Cambridge Uni (one of the best globally) and all the students came, im sure there is thousands of Uni students on campus on the night so 400 is quite little. Its a big event they hold every year where there Uni boxers fight club boxers, my club was invited. I respect your opinion about my coaches decision, I think I may have been slightly shy of being prepared to fight but im glad I did as it has really given me a reality check early on, as to how hard I need to work. I was doing great before, now ive had a taste for competitive boxing im sure im going to start doing even better.
pugilisticteen is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #20
rocky1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by I TuCKeR 93 I View Post
Johnny nelson lost his first seven? Lmao
He only lost his first 3.
5 of his first 11.
rocky1 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #21
Kautilya
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugilisticteen View Post
Im 17, in september 2012 I decided to fulfill my dream of becoming a boxer. Things went well, and within 3 weeks I was sparring. Constantly my coaches/peers tell me how natural and good im getting quickly, so good that I had a medical and was told ill have my first fight on the 31st of Jan (today). I weight 65.5kg, im a light welterweight and we drove all the way to the most prestigious university in the UK. Surprisingly for the whole day ive had no nerves, once we got there my opponent was too light (60kg) so I was thrown in with another guy who has fought once before. Ive been so calm, I was excited to prove myself when it matters, I walked out as my bout (the first of the night) commenced with 400 odd people cheering and cameras flashing.

The bell went and after 15 seconds I knew he was too good, my nose popped and I could feel blood across my face, he never used his jab so I couldnt use my strongest skill and parry, he kept lunging with extremely fast hooks which kept rattling me. This continued for all 3 rounds, I knew id lost in the second and when I was on the verge of turning groggy through a bunch of punches, I thought atleast finish the fight. I did, and I was covered in blood, the whole night people kept looking at my bruised up face, it was so embarrassing to get destroyed infront of 400 people. The positive is im so motivated to become fight prepared as I now know what to expect, its not like sparring. On a negative side I feel like my career is over lol I was so focused on winning losing was not an option, especially that badly. I feel like it is not possible to become a big pro, now ive lost. And I know losing was likely as this guy has fought once before, and was so much more skilled. :(
Kind of Similar thing happened to me on my first bout. The first punches, a one two combo almost knocked me down. I got an eight count. Got atleast 2 eight counts in the fight. Was almost pushed outside the ropes. But I won that fight 4-1
Kautilya is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing