Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #31
exocet76
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 340
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Mob View Post
There was a thread on the boxing scene forum a few months ago, which listed all the world title fights of British boxers vs American boxers since 1990s and the Brits won my a significant margin.

This^^^^^

Dirty Dan you are a pedo.


REPORTED!!
exocet76 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Mob View Post
There was a thread on the boxing scene forum a few months ago, which listed all the world title fights of British boxers vs American boxers since 1990s and the Brits won my a significant margin.
americans are ****ing retards...british boxer whoops 10 americans...1 american then beats that british boxer....and the 'brit' is a bum!
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #33
Vyborg1917
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 894
vCash: 161
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Petty chauvinistic nationalism and boxing shouldn't mix.

You think it gives you some reflected glory because who happen to have been born in the same geographical location as a SRR, a Lewis, a Klitschko?
That's parasitism of the lowest order.
Vyborg1917 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #34
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

The USA the best
HeavyweightCP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #35
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,209
vCash: 500
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

why isn't there a rivalry thread like PR and Mexico?
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
americans are ****ing retards...british boxer whoops 10 americans...1 american then beats that british boxer....and the 'brit' is a bum!
Why does America have 19 world champions and UK only has 3

Why does the UK only have one undisputed heavyweight champ in 100 years?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #37
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 744
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
I know you would name Schmelling! Schmelling was a huge exception. Before and after Schmelling nobody cared about doing boxing in germany! The first time pro boxing became bigger as a sport in germany was in the 90s. FACT! There were no big promoters in germany producing boxing in germany and to support german amateurs. No big boxing event in germany ect.

The first time boxing was huge IN germany was with Universum and Schulz,Ottke,Dariusz ect.
Would I be correct in assuming that had something to do with the Cold War and the Berlin Wall? Considering the fact that Germany only reunified in 1990.
MAJR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #38
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CAXAP, RUSHA
Posts: 761
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

US has bigger wangs than UK 2
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #39
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CAXAP, RUSHA
Posts: 761
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

no hmomo
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #40
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 744
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
When Hatton came to the States to fight he started getting knocked down and knocked out in savage and embarrassing fashion.
By a Filipino.

It took Mayweather 10 rounds to beat Hatton, and after the fight he said this: "Ricky Hatton is one tough fighter. He is still a champion in my eyes and I'd love to see him fight again...RickyHatton is probably one of toughest competitors I've faced. I hit him with some big ones but he kept coming and I can see why they call him the 'Hitman'."

Doesn't sound like Hatton embarrased himself against Mayweather at all. Pacquiao was the one who destroyed Hatton.
MAJR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #41
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Why does America have 19 world champions and UK only has 3

Why does the UK only have one undisputed heavyweight champ in 100 years?
because the usa has over 5x the population.

because the americans always have home advanatge

if you knew anything about boxing you would know that non-americans wernt even allowed the belt for long periods as it was mafia controlled and if it left the usa they couldnt make money - source: Boxing Confidential

how come where sugar ray robinson came here 3 time she got beat...3 times? how come when surgar ray leonard left the usa he got beat by duran? why do you think americans like mayweather, broner and ward are refusing to leave? because they wont home advantage and they are pretty much gutless.


****serious question*** ....do you honestly believe that if every american had to go to the UK for title fights that the americans would have as many titles?
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #42
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 989
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post


Lennox Lewis 21 -2 vs americans

Ricky Hatton 6 -1 vs americans

Amir Khan 7 -1 vs americans - i dont count the NC vs PEDerson.

so you name 3 boxers of ours...and together they are 34 and 4 vs americans?
You match journeymen level American fighters to the best fighters Britain's ever had in the last 20 years? Lewis, the best boxer Britain has EVER produced got knocked out by 2 journeymen level boxers in the U.S. Ricky Hatton, the most popular fighter Britain has ever produced got TKO'd by light hitting Mayweather. Amir Khan, the current most popular fighter in Britain got brutally tko'd by Danny ****ing Garcia, I doubt he's barely even known in his own city, and I would know, I'm from Philly. Froch, the current best fighter Britain has got thoroughly outboxed by a 1 handed Andre Ward. These, along with Slappy are the 5 biggest fighters to come out of Britain. Mayweather, Sweet Pea, Hopkins, RJJ, and DLH, best 5 fighters to come out of the U.S in the last 20 years, how do they stack up again the 5 best fighters that Britain produced?

Last edited by DirtyDan; 02-02-2013 at 11:53 AM.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #43
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 989
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
because the usa has over 5x the population.

because the americans always have home advanatge

if you knew anything about boxing you would know that non-americans wernt even allowed the belt for long periods as it was mafia controlled and if it left the usa they couldnt make money - source: Boxing Confidential

how come where sugar ray robinson came here 3 time she got beat...3 times? how come when surgar ray leonard left the usa he got beat by duran? why do you think americans like mayweather, broner and ward are refusing to leave? because they wont home advantage and they are pretty much gutless.


****serious question*** ....do you honestly believe that if every american had to go to the UK for title fights that the americans would have as many titles?
Puerto Rico has only 4 million people and have more champions and hall of famers than Britain could ever produce.. Sugar Ray Robinson's first lost was to Lamotta in Detriot, not sure what you're talking about. He traveled to the UK and lost to Randy Turpin well past his prime in a points decision, and knocked him out the next fight. Leonard traveled to ****ing Canada in his fight against Duran. His home residence of Maryland to Las Vegas is a bigger trip than Vegas to Montreal. Duran himself was from Panama.. he never traveled to Canada either. Your bias is insane, lol. Not sure if you're right in the head honestly. Don't be mad that the biggest British stars got exposed by Americans.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #44
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 452
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyweightCP View Post
Both nations have had great fighters.

i have always thought the Uk has always cared about boxing more than the USA.

But through history has the USA produce better fighters?

is that the USA trainers have more knowledge?
Maybe because the USA has a much larger population, and the majority of your states are bigger than the UK alone....
The Bane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #45
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 452
vCash: 75
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You match journeymen level American fighters to the best fighters Britain's ever had in the last 20 years? Lewis, the best boxer Britain has EVER produced got knocked out by 2 journeymen level boxers in the U.S. Ricky Hatton, the most popular fighter Britain has ever produced got TKO'd by light hitting Mayweather. Amir Khan, the current most popular fighter in Britain got brutally tko'd by Danny ****ing Garcia, I doubt he's barely even known in his own city, and I would know, I'm from Philly. Froch, the current best fighter Britain has got thoroughly outboxed by a 1 handed Andre Ward. These, along with Slappy are the 5 biggest fighters to come out of Britain. Mayweather, Sweet Pea, Hopkins, RJJ, and DLH, best 5 fighters to come out of the U.S in the last 20 years, how do they stack up again the 5 best fighters that Britain produced?
Lewis destroyed Tyson and Holyfield. You my friend, are a dumbass. Yes Floyd beat Hatton, but I doubt anyone can beat Floyd in any division he has been in. Calzaghe schooled your bums Hopkins, Lacey and Jones. Such a dumbass, your posts are full of dribble.
The Bane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013