Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: Why do I have this feeling that Canelo's opponent May 4th wil be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl1914 View Post
Molina's awkward style has given Lara, Kirkland and now Spinks problems....All Southpaws. I am not sure if you guys are overrating Molina or underrating Canelo.
Or could be your underrating Molina and overrating Canelo. But seriously, tho Molina's style not pretty to watch, he's been very effective. Also, just because they happen to be southpaws doesn't make them the same. Kirkland the chinny ko powerhouse, Lara the slick, technical fighter, and Spinks the former champ past his best days who even in his prime was very inconsistent and hot and cold fighter. Molina might lack the flash, but he can beat anyone at 154 just has a difficult style.
elchivito is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
The nuthugging is so strong in you... How the **** you place Canelo at number 3 in a list where he has fought none of the others is just the epitome of nuthugging.

Well Lets see Canelo is undefeated and has better wins than Lara and Vanes plus I feel Cotto would get hammered into submission by Canelo and Cottos resume at 154 really isnt that great either.

What are Laras best wins at 154? PW which was not even an official one?
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Well Lets see Canelo is undefeated and has better wins than Lara and Vanes plus I feel Cotto would get hammered into submission by Canelo and Cottos resume at 154 really isnt that great either.

both lara and vanes have fought each other as well as lara fighting both molina and williams.

who has canelo fought at jmw other than ryan rhodes who was then kod in his next meaningful fight, therafter?
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

This thread is stupid..Canelo will never fight Molina..Molina is far more dangerous than Trout...Lara also school Canelo and knock him out..Molina turn down two offers to remach Lara who that day was having tooth pain for a week and couldn't train...anyways Molina is a grrat fighter with and ugly style with Canelo will never adjust..
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
both lara and vanes have fought each other as well as lara fighting both molina and williams.

who has canelo fought at jmw other than ryan rhodes who was then kod in his next meaningful fight, therafter?
Please state Laras and Vanes meaningful wins. At least Canelo destroyed Rhodes like an elite fighter does. When Lara and Vanes face someone decent they look average at best.

That is why Molina and Canelo rank above those fools.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #21
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry cuban View Post
This thread is stupid..Canelo will never fight Molina..Molina is far more dangerous than Trout...Lara also school Canelo and knock him out..Molina turn down two offers to remach Lara who that day was having tooth pain for a week and couldn't train...anyways Molina is a grrat fighter with and ugly style with Canelo will never adjust..
Not true. Molina offered Lara an immediate rematch and Lara said no. There was an article on ESPN on that as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Please state Laras and Vanes meaningful wins. At least Canelo destroyed Rhodes like an elite fighter does. When Lara and Vanes face someone decent they look average at best.

Of course if Canelo only fight small or small and old ppl..he never fought the ones who Lara fight...Lara or any other top JMW will go thru canelo's resume undefeated and with probably more KOs...
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Not true. Molina offered Lara an immediate rematch and Lara said no. There was an article on ESPN on that as well.
Show me link....there was two articles in the scene with said that Lara is looking for a remach with Molina and Molina's team said that fight alredy pass and he is up to bigger challenges
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:

Does it matter if Lara's win vs Williams is official or not? Because Lara gave Williams an asswhooping of epic proportions. Who on Cabnelo's resume compare to William?

Answer:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Mamerto; 02-02-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

destryoed ryan rhodes?

it took canelo 12 rounds for what took rabchenko 7 rounds one year later.

also, rhodes had been previously ko'd( a common barometer shared by canelo title defense opponents), twice, in rounds two and three. lara and vanes have never been kod and, by theory, are both undefeated.

please, tell us all here canelos best win, since rabchenko beat rhodes far quicker...in rhodes own home country.

we can do this all day.

ill make you look stupid like all the other canelo nuthuggers.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #26
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
Does it matter if Lara's win vs Williams is official or not? Because Lara gave Williams an asswhooping of epic proportions. Who on Cabnelo's resume compare to Lara?

Answer:

all three boxing judges of the williams/lara fight have been suspended by the boxing commision...something that has never before happened as is a first time occurence in boxing history.

having to debate the outcome of the williams/lara decision with someone is pink **** sucking at its finest.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
destryoed ryan rhodes?

it took canelo 12 rounds for what took rabchenko 7 rounds one year later.

also, rhodes had been previously ko'd( a common barometer shared by canelo title defense opponents), twice, in rounds two and three. lara and vanes have never been kod and, by theory, are both undefeated.

please, tell us all here canelos best win, since rabchenko beat rhodes far quicker...in rhodes own home country.

we can do this all day.

ill make you look stupid like all the other canelo nuthuggers.

I guess beating him for 11 rounds straight and then stopping him on the 12th is not beating up?

Oh you Cubans are hilarious. For some reason you think you have these great fighters but they never win anything meaningful!! Ha how long have we heard the Cubans will dominate and with all their gold medals they still cant pick up titles or hold on to them. That is why Mexico finishes first every year with the most champions.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #28
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
I guess beating him for 11 rounds straight and then stopping him on the 12th is not beating up?

Oh you Cubans are hilarious. For some reason you think you have these great fighters but they never win anything meaningful!! Ha how long have we heard the Cubans will dominate and with all their gold medals they still cant pick up titles or hold on to them. That is why Mexico finishes first every year with the most champions.
Still waiting.

Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Canelo would beat Molina but he probably wold not look good doing it.
Nobody looks good against Molina.
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #30
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Molina is arguably the best opponent he can find.

He's essentially undefeated. We'll never know hoe the kirkland fight would have ended so that's essentially a NC but if Canelo faces Molina there's no way he'll walk out of the ring a champion.

Quote:
Finally some sense. I have said it over and over. Molina is number 1 now that PBF is clearly not looking to defend there and Cotto lost to Trout.

Molina is the type of fighter that dont give a **** how many KOs or amateur fights you had. He will go in there and put it on you. He gets alot of unjustified hate because he beat some highly touted fighters like Chavez Jr., Lara and Kirkland. He has a very solid resume. For sure the best of the bunch of the 154 pounders. The guy is as determined as can be and tricky as hell on the inside. I do not understand why people call him boring. He gets inside and it is not like he doesnt throw. As soon as he clinches you he keeps beating you up. This is mostly due to the fact that he does not have much power and it would be foolish for him to fight at mid or long range where he is at a power disadvantage. The dude makes due with what he has and makes world class fighters look average.

Canelo is not ready for someone this tricky. Trout is though and that would be a tough fight for both. Lara and Kirkland dont want any more.

Honestly here is how I would rank 154 right now.

1. Molina
2. Trout
3. Canelo
4-10 Lara, Vanes, K-9, Kirkland, Cotto, Rodriguez and Angulo(all in no particular order)
Shot Mosley is a better win than any of those fighters 4-10 have. The Williams Lara beat wasn't even close to the hellraiser Sergio fought.
elchivito is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum