Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524
Default Re: Why is mundines mouth worse than these blokes actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
you can hide behind emoticons all you want. you asked for one, i gave you two
Steffenson has been beaten by a younger, faster athlete. In running circles you succeed if you are young and quick. Bloody racists.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #62
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinstriper View Post
Errrr, that he is different in person than in the media

Not that he is beyond recall for what he says or the actions he takes.
So if he is a ****en idiot in the press then you must think he's a top bloke which you deny.

For future reference, when engaging in a discussion it is beneficial to your argument to actually have a point.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #63
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
faggit....wow good spelling
DEAL WITH IT

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #64
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:
john stephenson, timana tahu
Steffensen is a good call Rusty but he's originally from South Africa.

Athletics Australia has recently suspended him for 6 months after finding his claims of racism and villification in the lead up to the London olympics unsubstantiated.
Steffensen was dirty that teenager Steven Solomon had been selected ahead of him in the 400 metres at the London olympics. Solomon went on to make the olympic final.
In 2010 Steffensen copped a 3 month ban for making similar accusations.
Many would remember Steffensen's effort last year in the Stawell Gift when he ran dead after realising he wasn't making up any ground on the front markers.
He has had his snout firmly planted in Athletics Australia's trough for more years than he deserved.

Steffensen and Mundine are like peas in a pod. They are both outrageous self promoters who don't give a rats who they offend.

Good riddance to this pair of serial pests.

[ it has been reported that Steffensen could be considering a career in boxing ]
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #65
pinstriper
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
So if he is a ****en idiot in the press then you must think he's a top bloke which you deny.

For future reference, when engaging in a discussion it is beneficial to your argument to actually have a point.
Your trying to enforce your opinion onto me and put words in my mouth

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and some stink more than others.....and yours might friend is right on the nose
pinstriper is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #66
goodnight
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinstriper View Post
Your trying to enforce your opinion onto me and put words in my mouth

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and some stink more than others.....and yours might friend is right on the nose
Its obvious where your nose has been.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #67
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Firstly i do like mundine and sometimes bump into him and he is a top bloke.
Good for you. Serious.
Quote:
We all know the camera image isnt really him.
I'm not sure I really know that.
Don't quote me on the occasions, but several times over the last however many years it's been, he has done some very mean spirited things, which isn't just a media thing.

One thing that I can specifically remember was a weight issue with a fighter.
Basically Mandy didn't make weight, and his opponent was told, 'too bad - fight or you don't get paid'.
These sorts of things really piss me off. Because he has money, he thinks he can dictate to whoever he wants. It's a power thing, and also a serious character flaw.
Quote:
We all know he lost the other night.
True. Except for himself, how silly. Why is that?
Quote:
We all know he rubs most the wrong way.
Very true. Why would you want to?
To me that's yet another character flaw. Why would you want to intentionally rub people the wrong way. Yeh, everyone says it's about money, but that's BS IMO.

You're either a dick head, or you're not. I say he's a dick head.
Quote:
But lance armstrong the drug cheat,ben cousins the drug ****ed tool,brendon fevola the wanker,tiger woods the cheater,shane warne the cheater,lleyton hewitt the serial pest etc all seem to go through life without many problems after the shit hits the fan.
I can't say why that is, but they're all dick heads too.
Quote:
Mundines loud mouth gets to all of us more than the real actions of the above cheats.
Does it?
Perhaps we're all just noticing it here because it is a boxing forum. We discuss boxing here, not other sports (much).
Quote:
Approx 80% of his twitter replys and facebook replys end in co%n or black c%nt,or abbo or another form of racism.
That's just as low, if not lower.
But then Mandy himself spews the race card at every opportunity, so is he any better?
Quote:
So i want to know how empty shallow words from a boxers mouth get more attention and more hatred than any of the above......i know exactly what it is but ill see what you blokes put out there....
It probably is a combination of race, and his mouth.

Don't forget, the www is a funny place, it has made a lot of people much more brave than they'd ever be in person.
It's really easy to slag someone off when sitting in the comfort of your home under an alias.
I think we all do it to some degree, however minor.

In a nutshell, and only speaking for my self, I just don't like Mandy because I don't like him. It has nothing to do with race.

BTW, I have to agree with a couple of other posts about you Bazil, you've stayed here after your favourite boxers defeat, admitted it, and taken some shit for it.
Keep it up.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #68
hammerofthor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
Your right about the racist comments made from faceless weak pricks from behind a keyboard. That I dont agree with.
All this will blow over and he will be remembered as a good athlete such has happened with Wodds and Hewitt.
The rest are known as drug cheats, drug addicts and Alcos before their sporting acheivements. Warne, hes just Warne.
This.
I'm not sure what he's legacy to the sport will be though. On one hand him and his rivalry Green got boxing on front pages again. Everyone was talking boxing. Then on the other hand aside from like 12 or so of his fights, his career was pretty average competition wise, and may have done some damage to people's thoughts of the sport. But Danny Green done the same thing and people loved him for it
hammerofthor is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #69
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:
john stephenson, timana tahu
Apologies Rusty. I only got it half right. Steffensen was born in Australia
to South African parents.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #70
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

[quote=bazil;14688124]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
There are some horrible racist comments on his fb page but to say 80% is not correct, it's less than ten percent. Maybe 2-5%

but in answer to your question Mundine is probably the worst sport i've ever come across. When Saints lost the grand final in 99 the next year, before the round 5 rematch with Melbourne, Mundine claimed Dragons were the "real champions" Melbourne came out and pumped them 70-10. I actually think this was the main impetus for him to leave rugby league.

After saying that Sven Ottke "punched like a girl" he was knocked out cold for 15 minutes. When he arrived at Sydney airport a camera crew approached and Mundine said that Ottke's "got nothing" and then ran away.

Now after being comprehensively outboxed by Geale he started screaming robbery before the result was announced and hasn't stopped since

Add into that constantly claiming to be the best while avoiding a rematch with Kessler and Trout to name just two and instead fighti g bum after bum.

He constantly plays the race card to explain his failures and emulates thuggish elements of black american culture.

Think of how hated seemngly whiny rugby league players like Brett Finch are and he doesn't do half the things Mundine does.

BUT MATE ONCE AGAIN YOU MENTIONED HIS MOUTH,NOT DRUG CHEAT,DRUG ADDICT OR WIFE CHEATER ETC...ITS HIS MOUTH WHICH DOESNT COMPARE TO THE OTHERS ACTIONS.
HE MAKES DUMB STATEMENTS...THATS IT

You can add, offensive, racist, derogatory and insulting.......
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #71
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Lack of humility. The man doesnt know the meaning of humble. Maybe he is a great guy behind closed doors but when youre so far up yourself in the public eye it doesnt matter whether your black, white or green Australians wont like you.

It has however made him extremely rich. Hes not stupid.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #72
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
Steffensen is a good call Rusty but he's originally from South Africa.

Athletics Australia has recently suspended him for 6 months after finding his claims of racism and villification in the lead up to the London olympics unsubstantiated.
Steffensen was dirty that teenager Steven Solomon had been selected ahead of him in the 400 metres at the London olympics. Solomon went on to make the olympic final.
In 2010 Steffensen copped a 3 month ban for making similar accusations.
Many would remember Steffensen's effort last year in the Stawell Gift when he ran dead after realising he wasn't making up any ground on the front markers.
He has had his snout firmly planted in Athletics Australia's trough for more years than he deserved.

Steffensen and Mundine are like peas in a pod. They are both outrageous self promoters who don't give a rats who they offend.

Good riddance to this pair of serial pests.

[ it has been reported that Steffensen could be considering a career in boxing ]
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #73
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
Lack of humility. The man doesnt know the meaning of humble. Maybe he is a great guy behind closed doors but when youre so far up yourself in the public eye it doesnt matter whether your black, white or green Australians wont like you.

It has however made him extremely rich. Hes not stupid.
Then why does he sound so stupid?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #74
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
We all know the camera image isnt really him..
yes it is. he believes he is ali. he believes he is representing oppressed indigenous people. he believes white people are to blame.

he was still mouthing off after all the ppv's were sold. he still mouthed off AFTER the fight. its not about tickets. its about him. it is him. they are his beliefs.

everyone knows....

Quote:
IF the act was only ever about selling tickets, as the Anthony Mundine apologists always had you believe, then why the rant after the fight? There were no more tickets to sell. The pay-per-view was exhausted. The last dollar was about to be squeezed out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #75
goodnight
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
yes it is. he believes he is ali. he believes he is representing oppressed indigenous people. he believes white people are to blame.

he was still mouthing off after all the ppv's were sold. he still mouthed off AFTER the fight. its not about tickets. its about him. it is him. they are his beliefs.

everyone knows....
He may have started off with his media persona, BUT, that persona has taken over him. Now he thinks he's malcom x

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum