Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Exclamation Juanma Lopez PPV thoughts/summary

First off, yes, here in PR we had to pay to watch Juanma fight a nobody lol. And well since there's nothing else on tonight and boxing is sucking donkey dikz right now I said what the hell.

PR has some good prospects I guess but they were fighting sack of potatoes. VERDEJO is someone to look out for though, very intriguing I have to admit. McJoe Arroyo is very good also, very impressed by him. When he decides to attack he is very precise and it's a joy to watch him put together combinations. He got quite a cut right on the top of the head, it was spraying out blood for a while.

NOW JUANMA... well well well.... I love the guy, love his warrior spirit but I mean, he hasn't changed anything (for good or worse .. I mean he is exciting). Also, he looked very big tonight ... bigger and less defined than usual. Someone back me up here or something. He beat a sack of potatoes and took around 8 rounds to finish him off. He is showing more patience I guess but took some clean ones that if it was Salido he would have been put on the same situation again.

Exciting fighter but don't expect anything different from him. I expect him to lose his mind in a big fight and go into zombie/mindless mode as soon as he gets hit flush hard by someone who can punch.

Interview Summary:

- Said he'll stay at 130
- Wants Donaire, Garcia (said another name and can't remember)... basically the big dogs
- Willing to fight Vazquez Jr as well
- Says he developed more patience

Any particulars, dont hesitate to ask. Thought id share.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Juanma Lopez PPV thoughts/summary

THought I'd add: Verdejo is very intriguing. Come forward fighter with flexible movement, stalkish style but with a brain behind it if ya know what I mean. They said he got a 100,000 bonus from Bob Arum, Bobby is putting faith in him to supposedly be the NEXT BIG thing out of PR. WE'LL SEEE..
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
PR Boxing (RIP)
Well yeah I mean.. it's all prospects right now and possibilities. We are literally dead right now. There's hope but hope didn't save Jack dawson in Titanic.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Thanks.

Honestly I would be surprised if you had said the opposite.

As far as who he called out, Donaire and WVJr. are down at 122, come on now. Mikey at feather too. I see the Mikey fight happening eventually if neither lose.

Give me JML vs. Gamboa, still. Winner of Gamaliel Diaz/Miura for WBC belt is a solid realistic option I'd think... Wouldn't JML vs. Roman Martinez be epic huge in PR? Juanma's got those WBO connections. Both Top Rank fighters...
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
ElTrigueno
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
THought I'd add: Verdejo is very intriguing. Come forward fighter with flexible movement, stalkish style but with a brain behind it if ya know what I mean. They said he got a 100,000 bonus from Bob Arum, Bobby is putting faith in him to supposedly be the NEXT BIG thing out of PR. WE'LL SEEE..
I saw Verdejo on one of the Spanish channel Friday night fights before Christmas. He does have a unique, Mayweatherish style. Even has one of those pretty boy appearances too.
ElTrigueno is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Juanma Lopez PPV thoughts/summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Thanks.

Honestly I would be surprised if you had said the opposite.

As far as who he called out, Donaire and WVJr. are down at 122, come on now. Mikey at feather too. I see the Mikey fight happening eventually if neither lose.

Give me JML vs. Gamboa, still. Winner of Gamaliel Diaz/Miura for WBC belt is a solid realistic option I'd think... Wouldn't JML vs. Roman Martinez be epic huge in PR? Juanma's got those WBO connections. Both Top Rank fighters...
No problemo.

lol

I don't know, Juanmas brain appears to trigger crack like effects after he fighs. Very weird phenomenon.

I'd definitely watch that (gamboa fight) .... WELL YESSSSS BUTTT it's like no. Roman is a nice guy we'd rather see build his path by beating foreign fighters. HOWEVER, Vazquez is a little bitch so that's fight we're willing to see. There's bad blood between the two, there's reason for them to slug it out and for us to support it.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
Steven.Jackson
Yall Musta Forgot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

Bean
Steven.Jackson is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
First off, yes, here in PR we had to pay to watch Juanma fight a nobody lol. And well since there's nothing else on tonight and boxing is sucking donkey dikz right now I said what the hell.

PR has some good prospects I guess but they were fighting sack of potatoes. VERDEJO is someone to look out for though, very intriguing I have to admit. McJoe Arroyo is very good also, very impressed by him. When he decides to attack he is very precise and it's a joy to watch him put together combinations. He got quite a cut right on the top of the head, it was spraying out blood for a while.

NOW JUANMA... well well well.... I love the guy, love his warrior spirit but I mean, he hasn't changed anything (for good or worse .. I mean he is exciting). Also, he looked very big tonight ... bigger and less defined than usual. Someone back me up here or something. He beat a sack of potatoes and took around 8 rounds to finish him off. He is showing more patience I guess but took some clean ones that if it was Salido he would have been put on the same situation again.

Exciting fighter but don't expect anything different from him. I expect him to lose his mind in a big fight and go into zombie/mindless mode as soon as he gets hit flush hard by someone who can punch.

Interview Summary:

- Said he'll stay at 130
- Wants Donaire, Garcia (said another name and can't remember)... basically the big dogs

Shit , I knew you was boricua , always talking rubbish . Lol
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
IvyLeagueBoxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

He did what he was supposed to do..

People shit on Juanma so much due to his losses to Salido but I think it might be a case of one fighter having another fighter's number..

I still think Juanma beats Gamboa if they fight at 130..
IvyLeagueBoxing is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #10
EL CABALLO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyLeagueBoxing View Post

People shit on Juanma so much due to his losses to Salido but I think it might be a case of one fighter having another fighter's number..

Oh helllllllll no, it's nott one fighter having another's number, with all due respect, I mean. Juanma will gas against any and everybody that can last 'til the late rds with enough gas in the tank to at least feather-fist-outpunch him!
Ohhh, and another, bigger HELLLLL NO against Gamby. On that one I'd be willing to bet the wife, house, and car.......
EL CABALLO is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenson#1 View Post
Shit , I knew you was boricua , always talking rubbish . Lol
I'm actually surprise he's boricua, ricans are usually good posters.
Maybe a child from bayamon?
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
I'm actually surprise he's boricua, ricans are usually good posters.
Maybe a child from bayamon?
Most of them are but this one ( like el machetero cabron ) have a very peculiar dislike of Cubans , you can tell by a mile . Lol . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyLeagueBoxing View Post

Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #14
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

Quote:

Interview Summary:

- Said he'll stay at 130

Thanks for the information dude..very detailed...I m glad that Juanma wan but I wanted to watch the fight..damnnn...he didn't say nothing about Gamboa in the interview?
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

yeah, hes still the same. hell probably get ko again
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum