Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Muhammad Ali very ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
Not saying these are my feelings, just expressing that some of the older generation i have spoke to over the years wouldn't classify him as the definition of a hero.

I'm too young to have seen him fight in his prime and stand up for he's refusal to go to war, I can only go on what has been said over the years. I guess some older people didn't like the fact how he went about race issues and calling other blacks uncle Toms...... Some others may say he was a misogynist towards women, i do note touching up his wife is also swept under the carpet.

Icon....yes.

Hero.... not so sure
Yep probably justified for a lot of them Old blokes,lot's of Criticism about the pro's and Cons of the Vietnam War even from the diggers themselves I think Ali said it best Himself when asked why he did not want to go to Vietnam.!!!

"No Viet Cong ever called me ******"
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Some may disagree Josey
Yea I know the Beave mate it was just my own personal feelings for the man , when I was nine i wanted to be Clay , used to listen to the fights from the states at 2 in the morning on the radio under my sheets lol I remember it now clear as day , the lions playing down in South Africa as well , happy days for me as a lad .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Yea I know the Beave mate it was just my own personal feelings for the man , when I was nine i wanted to be Clay , used to listen to the fights from the states at 2 in the morning on the radio under my sheets lol I remember it now clear as day , the lions playing down in South Africa as well , happy days for me as a lad .
Sounds like good times alright mate, I guess the only other thing missing was if your parents took up that offer of being a 10pd POM and relocate to the promised land
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #19
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
ive no doubt smokin joe will be there when ali appears at the pearly gates. heaven sees ali vs frazier 4....
Under what religion? Under Christianity, Ali goes to hell and Frazier to Heaven. Under Islam both will probably go to hell since Ali followed some cult that doesn't exist today.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not saying these are my feelings, just expressing that some of the older generation i have spoke to over the years wouldn't classify him as the definition of a hero.

I'm too young to have seen him fight in his prime and stand up for he's refusal to go to war, I can only go on what has been said over the years. I guess some older people didn't like the fact how he went about race issues and calling other blacks uncle Toms...... Some others may say he was a misogynist towards women, i do note touching up his wife is also swept under the carpet.

Icon....yes.

Hero.... not so sure
..a hero to me mate..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post
Under what religion? Under Christianity, Ali goes to hell and Frazier to Heaven. Under Islam both will probably go to hell since Ali followed some cult that doesn't exist today.
am i the only one who realises god is too smart to give a **** about which book you read?

your relationship with god is between you and him. its not filtered through some 'correct' book. if everyone realised this, there would be less trouble in the world..
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #22
Urone2
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

My hope is that his time here on earth was spent well in gods eye, a now if he moves on into the after life we can celebrate his passing in the grand fashion the he lived his life. Let gods will be done, for continued life or death. Celebrate the hero that god set before us.
Urone2 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #23
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=LeBeave;14698899]Sounds like good times alright mate, I guess the only other thing missing was if your parents took up that offer of being a 10pd POM and relocate to the promised land [/

WTF would I do with all that sun ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #25
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
am i the only one who realises god is too smart to give a **** about which book you read?

your relationship with god is between you and him. its not filtered through some 'correct' book. if everyone realised this, there would be less trouble in the world..
Theres that many beliefs Christian,Muslim,Hindu,Buddhist,even Scientology to name a few and they cant all be correct,I worship Boxing and the Planet and when I die theres nothing end of story.!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #26
Cinderella Man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cinderella Man is online now  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #27
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great news hope the Champ has a few more years left.!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #28
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Quote:

Icon....yes.

Hero.... not so sure
Top post
The way he turned on people who helped him out when he was in a financial mess was really low class.
Calling other black fighters uncle toms wasn't cool and It's well known he used to bash his wife.
These arn't exactly the traits of a hero,the guy was a great boxer but he was a narcissist if ever there was one.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #29
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524

Quote:

You should put this on Facebook, ****en buttload of people on there. Wait until they hear the good news.
**** being the only one, Gallileo was the only one, died lonely.
Nigelbro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum