Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #196
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post

"Both are high risk / low reward options for any opponent to take on"

Good opponents are lining up and drooling at the prospect of taking their "0's".
Really? Please name them.

Quote:
As far as getting the fights they need, they both have promoters who have deep pockets, which means they can pay anybody to come in to fight them. The promoter and manager have big investments in each fighter and seem to have no confidence in their ability to win against a better oppt. So they tend to go slow so they could pick their shots, which frustrates fan's but fan's have to realize both managers and promoters are protecting their investments.
Any ESB member could have written that, and it makes no sense. First, why would any management company invest even one dollar in a fighter they don't have confidence in?

Re Wilder: GBP is LOSING money on Wilder. I was hoping you might have some insight as to why they have done almost nothing for him, but "protecting him" is clearly not the answer.

Re Boytsov: You DO realize that Universum went bankrupt, yes? And evidently, the guy who now owns Boytsov's contract won't let him fight unless it's in a bout that he controls, which means Boytsov is in limbo. It has nothing to do with the new boss'es confidence, and everything to do with greed.
=======================

- but thanks for playing, Jane Merrill has some lovely parting gifts for you on your way out.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #197
Thracian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Most experts would probably know that UFC PPV's gross a hell of a lot more than 4-5 million dollars...
Thracian is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #198
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
Most experts would probably know that UFC PPV's gross a hell of a lot more than 4-5 million dollars...
Most not all, since you are an expert then what is the real figure?
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #199
Thracian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If a PPV costs $49.99, how much does the promoter net from the sale?
Thracian is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #200
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Really? Please name them.

Quote:
Any ESB member could have written that, and it makes no sense. First, why would any management company invest even one dollar in a fighter they don't have confidence in?
I believe you might be confusing things here. A manager/management company, has to find a promoter with the resources and contacts to make things happen, I believe Boytsov is being brought along better than Wilder. Boytsov, is going rds and fighting worn veterans and learning on the job. So his management are doing their job. The confidence part I will answer next.

Since I am in the US I will, name just a few american HW's
-Chris Arreola
-Steve Cunningham
-Bryant Jennings
-Jonathan Banks
-Seth Mitchell
Is this enough or do you need more, I will add the Klitschko's, they need fresh beatable meat with nice paydays behind them, a 27-0, with 27ko's, American HW and for icing on the cake Wilder has a major company behind him, are you kidding me, the big K's would love it, and anyone of the HW's I mentioned would leap at the opportunity to fight Wilder. Wilder and GB, would bring, HBO, or SHOWTIME, which translate into major money for anyone fighting Wilder.
Boytsov, I will let you name the Europeon HW's that might want a piece of him, and make it worth their while.
Both Wilder and Boytsov are not ready right now to face the elite HW's, and their management and their promoter obviously are not "confident" enough in their abilities to fight anybody who might have a shot at beating them, they are still both works in progress.

Quote:
Re Wilder: GBP is LOSING money on Wilder. I was hoping you might have some insight as to why they have done almost nothing for him, but "protecting him" is clearly not the answer.
Sorry to have to say this but thats true, 'er who do you think pays Wilder and his carefully chosen opponents? Let me ask you something, Is Wilder drawing
the fans in that would pay for his fights? Mmm, the answer is no!
Every single fight that Wilder and Boytsov had, somebody paid for. Their fanbase which they really have none didnt pay his purse so that left the promoter to cough up the $'s. Overall in the 27 fights, GB has made no money on Mister Wilder, or Boytsov with whoever he is with right now. First GB, has given Wilder a substantial bonus, a monthly training expense stipend, paid for transportation to and from fights, for at least four people, and at least 3-4 hotel rooms plus meals for him and his opponent. Plus whatever purse for each.

Now tell me where Wilder drew by himself a million or more, than you would be right, if you cant then GB is in the hole for at least that much.
Raising a prospect costs money and who do you think is paying for it the promoter is.
A wise investor "protects" his investment cos at one point he plans to recoup his investment and make some money, this is the way its done in any business. The saying, "It takes money to make money", applies here and in any business, as an example. Say you are opening a retail business, You have to rent or buy a site, you have to stock your business, hire employees all expenses before you even open the door and make a dime.

Quote:
Re Boytsov: You DO realize that Universum went bankrupt, yes? And evidently, the guy who now owns Boytsov's contract won't let him fight unless it's in a bout that he controls, which means Boytsov is in limbo. It has nothing to do with the new boss'es confidence, and everything to do with greed.
Sorry but you are wrong by a big margin here, if it were greed then GB, could cash out Wilder and whoever has Boytsov, with a Klitschko fight. When you are building a fighters career, if you are wise you go slowly until you feel your fighter is ready and the payoff is big enough for them to recoup their investment. I would agree that whoever controls their careers might be overly cautious or they may feel that the payoff and risk is not big enough at this point in their careers.
=======================

Quote:
- but thanks for playing, Jane Merrill has some lovely parting gifts for you on your way out.
Since you are familar with whoever Jane Merrill is, I will let you have my parting gifts, I am sure you will know what to do with them.

Last edited by dempsey1234; 02-03-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: correcting statement
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #201
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
If a PPV costs $49.99, how much does the promoter net from the sale?
It depends on the split and the deal between the PPV outlet and the promoter, at least 50% of the revenue stays with the PPV outlet and maybe more.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #202
Thracian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

There's been a lot of good info in this thread, but this is the internet where anyone can pretend to be anyone. Unless one is using their real name, suspicion is going to be everywhere.
Thracian is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #203
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
There's been a lot of good info in this thread, but this is the internet where anyone can pretend to be anyone. Unless one is using their real name, suspicion is going to be everywhere.
You are right there, but one thing you cant hide is your comments, either they make some sense or not. Revealing who you are opens the door for a load of BS, from people.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #204
Kautilya
Journeyman

A boxing org sanctions/approves a fight. I know that title fights or a high level fight gets sanctioned but what about begginer level? Do the boxing org sanction those fights too? Are they just informed about the fights of lower ranked/unranked fighter or something else??
Kautilya is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #205
Kautilya
Journeyman

How does sanctioning fees work? Do they have a fixed fees or Is it based on the total fighter purse, bidding or something else?
Kautilya is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #206
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautilya View Post
A boxing org sanctions/approves a fight. I know that title fights or a high level fight gets sanctioned but what about begginer level? Do the boxing org sanction those fights too? Are they just informed about the fights of lower ranked/unranked fighter or something else??
If they are not fighting for somekind of title or eliminator, just a regular 4 to 10rd fight, a boxing org is not involved.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #207
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
How does sanctioning fees work? Do they have a fixed fees or Is it based on the total fighter purse, bidding or something else?
Sanctioning fee's are figured on the total purse and are usually 3%.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #208
Kautilya
Journeyman

If Champ of X org is fighting Champ of Y org. How will that sanction fee structure work?
Kautilya is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #209
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
If Champ of X org is fighting Champ of Y org. How will that sanction fee structure work?
Both org will collect 3%. Are you from India? Is there pro boxing in India?

Last edited by dempsey1234; 02-04-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #210
Kautilya
Journeyman

Quote:
Both org will collect 3%.
Will the promoter bear the burden or the cost will be transfered to the fighter?
Kautilya is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing