Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #61
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brook in amazing shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
No traps, weak pecs, arms bigger than delts, underwhelming lats considering his profession and who was legs?

It's a good thing this is a boxing match and not a bodybuilding competition, he looks like shit.
Lets see a picture of you then?
USA Rob is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #62
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
Lets see a picture of you then?
Strong logic.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #63
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Brookster when he was younger..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #64
Floyd-Joy-Sr
Former fighter/poet

lookey here man. i can look like that all year round by eating cakes candy bars and cookies. it aint no thang for brook to look like that when he got the best nutrion the best training and all them thangs. i'm not hating or anything man but the thing is that he aint no ronnie coleman. he aint no ronnie, that's for damn sure. and he aint gon win no bodybuilding competitions looking like that.
Floyd-Joy-Sr is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #65
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Having a lot of muscle doesn't mean you have great conditioning. In actuality, the bigger the muscles you have the more faster you become tired because all the muscles needs and uses oxygen making you need to breathe faster to pump more blood everywhere. Look at Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier they had no rock hard abs or big chests.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #66
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
True

I agree, but people saying "Alexander is crap, and Brook is going to blow him out".......based on what though?

If Brook beats Alexander, I'd go as far to say that he has caused a shock and an upset, purely because Brook aint fought anyone compared to what Alexander has been in with. Brook is the underdog, Brook is the nobody looking to make a name for himself.

If he struggled against Carson Jones, then IMO, this is a step to far, a bit to soon. If Brook had 1 more, maybe 2 more fights against credible opposition and came through with flying colors, I'd be picking Brook in this fight.

Hope you can see where I'm coming from
It doesn't matter what people are saying. I am sure that Kell's team is preparing as hard as they can for this fight. Kell, himself, knows that this is a huge fight for him, so he isn't going to take it easy. Just look at all the shit he's going through to get in shape for this fight. He wouldn't be doing all that work if he didn't think the fight was that important. As long as Brook knows what he needs to do, it doesn't matter what me, you, or anyone else thinks or says on this forum.

One thing in Brook's favour, is that Alexander has only fought 2x at WW. The first was to a overweight Maidana who lacks the neccesary skill set, and against old man Bailey, who refused to do anything in there to even resemble a defending champion, and instead, he lost widely in a total stinker of a fight. I think it's safe to say that at 147, Alexander is relatively untested.

But, again, what anyone says on here means nothing. Brook will train as hard as possible and will try his hardest in the fight.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #67
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Strong logic.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #68
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I like Kell Brook but will warn that Devon Alexander is not to be underestimated at all. He is a quick skillful boxer who can punch with a bit of pop. He has been in there with Lucas Matthyse and Timothy Bradley.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum