Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Evil Rick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

England

As most others say, great to watch, too ****ing mouthy for someone so stupid, heart of a lion, chin from a delicate fine china shop.
Evil Rick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
Sandman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPaterson View Post
Scotland.

Thick as pig shit, good offensive arsenal but does not have a defence and he has no chin regardless what he tries to sell us.

Tells us he is a "superstar" after telling he would have been a superstar is he "were white" and that he is this big draw. Contrast his attendances in America and it proves he couldn't draw flies to shite.

Goes on about wanting fighters to respect each other but seems to think that he is exempt for this statement!

The man is a fud!
It's the truth, when Amir said 'white' he meant being 'White British'. Without a doubt, he would be a bigger draw in Britain. I can see nothing wrong with his statement. This has nothing to do with White British fans being racist or anything else for that matter. Majority of people, regardless of race/ethnicity are more willing to go to extra lengths and take a more avid interest when one of their 'own' is fighting.

Anyway, Amir, is a K0 waiting to happen. If he had sensible people around him, he would take his time to develop his ability and would definitely be fighting more than twice in 2013. He desperately needs to work on his mentality, and is fortunate because he's got Ward in his camp who's arguably got the best mentality in boxing. Ward always comes across as assured, calm and never flustered, this is seen in the ring and outside of the ring. Amir needs to develop this approach, his time for desperately trying to 'prove' his critics wrong has come and gone.
Sandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,575
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
It's the truth, when Amir said 'white' he meant being 'White British'. Without a doubt, he would be a bigger draw in Britain. I can see nothing wrong with his statement. This has nothing to do with White British fans being racist or anything else for that matter. Majority of people, regardless of race/ethnicity are more willing to go to extra lengths and take a more avid interest when one of their 'own' is fighting.

I can see where he's coming from but it's not true, plenty of white boxers with great AM careers have had way less publicity in Britain and Europe than Amir did when he turned pro, terrestrial TV, national news, every casual knows who Amir Khan is, and being a ****stani gave him a big following too don't forget, it's a two sided coin

perhaps "If I was white I'd be a superstar" should be changed to "If I didn't lose my Sky PPV debut via KO in less than a minute I'd be a superstar" I remember that night, Khan nay-sayers like to laugh about that KO, but it was a serious, serious embarrassment at the time
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
Kautilya
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: India
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Not a Troll. I am curious how people around the world see him. In Pakstan he is god. He was a hero to british when got his silver. I am curious, with his recent action how do people see him. I mean he is still a hero in Pak.
Kautilya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
Kautilya
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: India
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
shut the **** up
Make me.
Kautilya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #21
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 960
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

England

Good to watch, thick as ****.
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
Johnny Coyle
.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London
Posts: 618
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

England

I dont mind him, he needs to shu his mouth abou being a superstar an one of the best in the world untill he fights and beats a Top rated fighter!!


Imo his jus a quick brawler wholl always get sparked by anyone with a hard enough punch
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #23
AndyPaterson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 475
vCash: 625
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
He desperately needs to work on his mentality, and is fortunate because he's got Ward in his camp who's arguably got the best mentality in boxing.
One thing Khan never did, and has now employed, is year round training.

he only use to train for the 8 - 12 weeks prior to a fight.
AndyPaterson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #24
Sandman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
I can see where he's coming from but it's not true, plenty of white boxers with great AM careers have had way less publicity in Britain and Europe than Amir did when he turned pro, terrestrial TV, national news, every casual knows who Amir Khan is, and being a ****stani gave him a big following too don't forget, it's a two sided coin

perhaps "If I was white I'd be a superstar" should be changed to "If I didn't lose my Sky PPV debut via KO in less than a minute I'd be a superstar" I remember that night, Khan nay-sayers like to laugh about that KO, but it was a serious, serious embarrassment at the time
You have to take into consideration that Amir was a Silver medallist, and in that Olympic year, he was the only boxer who secured a medal. Not really a fair comparison to those boxers with great AM careers. As we've seen with the current crop of boxers who have been successful at the Olympics, it brings a great deal of publicity. However, you're definitely right about it being a 'two sided coin' as he most definitely got extra publicity due to his background.

Amir, has only himself to blame and the people around him. As for that knockout, it was one of the major reason for me becoming a fan of Amir's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautilya View Post
Not a Troll. I am curious how people around the world see him. In Pakstan he is god. He was a hero to british when got his silver. I am curious, with his recent action how do people see him. I mean he is still a hero in Pak.
Just like any other medalist, he did the country proud by gaining a medal. A 'hero'? You're definitely a troll. He maybe popular amongst the extremely affluent people in ****stan, However, the common man in ****stan will never have heard of him and would hardly take an interest in him. Amir hasn't captivated his own ****stani community in Britain, how on earth has he done it in ****stan?
Sandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
Sandman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPaterson View Post
One thing Khan never did, and has now employed, is year round training.

he only use to train for the 8 - 12 weeks prior to a fight.

I doubt that, mate. With his career in a fragile state, you would think he would be doing everything in his power to get it back on track. However, he doesn't seem to have his priorities straight. He's got a wedding coming up this year and all the attention will be on that date. At the moment, he's in ****stan, I don't understand what he's doing there when he should be in Oakland. He hasn't got the right mentality and it shows in his preparation.
Sandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #26
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,575
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
You have to take into consideration that Amir was a Silver medallist, and in that Olympic year, he was the only boxer who secured a medal. Not really a fair comparison to those boxers with great AM careers. As we've seen with the current crop of boxers who have been successful at the Olympics, it brings a great deal of publicity. However, you're definitely right about it being a 'two sided coin' as he most definitely got extra publicity due to his background.

Amir, has only himself to blame and the people around him. As for that knockout, it was one of the major reason for me becoming a fan of Amir's.



Just like any other medalist, he did the country proud by gaining a medal. A 'hero'? You're definitely a troll. He maybe popular amongst the extremely affluent people in ****stan, However, the common man in ****stan will never have heard of him and would hardly take an interest in him. Amir hasn't captivated his own ****stani community in Britain, how on earth has he done it in ****stan?
I know what you're saying, but back when he turned pro he got a lot of hate from casual racists, but people grabbed onto that and it distracted from his actuall flaws as a fighter, so when people said he couldn't in-fight, he couldn't take a punch, he reached in too much, his fans cried "you just don't like him because you're racist"

khan not only had a silver medal at 17 and the hype behind him, but he also had a style that was a dream for casual fans, where we saw a guy who wasn't planting his feet enough against blown up superfeathers, casuals saw a guy with blistering handspeed unloading combinations and looking a million dollars, so criticising him raised eyebrows amongst the geenral public
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #27
MarvellousMerv
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

I'm from NW England, not that it should really matter....

He's entertaining, I always watch his fights partly because he is fast and offensively minded (despite being limited) and partly because he has flaws which mean you might get to see a spectacular chicken dance if his opponent is half decent. He doesn't really have boring fights, he's an ok boxer with huge natural ability but that ability is strapped to a brain the size of a grape.

Never really warmed to him as a person/public figure, started to like him after the Garcia loss because he became quite humble and genuinely looked devastated in interviews. The next week he was back to his usual delusional self.

He's definitely a hard person to like, a lot of boxers are kinda tongue-in-cheek bragarts but Khan genuinely believes the shit he spouts and makes idiotic claims. The way he treated peterson (pre drugs test) was disgraceful, acting like the boxing world revolved around him when he needs to realise outside Bolton nobody really gives a shit.

Hopefully Garcia brought him down to earth for good and we can see a boxer who actually works on his game rather than brags about how elite he is.
MarvellousMerv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #28
Kautilya
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: India
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Just like any other medalist, he did the country proud by gaining a medal. A 'hero'? You're definitely a troll. He maybe popular amongst the extremely affluent people in ****stan, However, the common man in ****stan will never have heard of him and would hardly take an interest in him. Amir hasn't captivated his own ****stani community in Britain, how on earth has he done it in ****stan?
Oh he is popular in Pak. Govenment even ...arranges public telivision????? (do not know the proper words for explaining this) for people to watch his fights. His brother won a bronze in Commonwealth games for Pak. Check the Pak people's reaction to his loss to peterson. Why do you think he goes to Pak so many times?
Kautilya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #29
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautilya View Post
Oh he is popular in Pak. Govenment even ...arranges public telivision????? (do not know the proper words for explaining this) for people to watch his fights. His brother won a bronze in Commonwealth games for Pak. Check the Pak people's reaction to his loss to peterson. Why do you think he goes to Pak so many times?
You have mentioned his popularity in ****stan in all your replies. Why do you care about what people think about Amir Khan?

So he is popular in ****stan because "Govenment even ...arranges public telivision"?

Last edited by LeadLeftHook; 02-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 434
vCash: 1002
Default Re: What are your views on Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautilya View Post
Oh he is popular in Pak. Govenment even ...arranges public telivision????? (do not know the proper words for explaining this) for people to watch his fights. His brother won a bronze in Commonwealth games for Pak. Check the Pak people's reaction to his loss to peterson. Why do you think he goes to Pak so many times?
Where in India are you from?
freddieMaize is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013