boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #151
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,440
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
What make you think I'm excusing anything, did you read the post? Marroquin "CAN BANG WITH EITHER HAND" so getting wobbled by a fighter like him is not much of a big deal, beside I like the way he respond, he went after him immediately it seems that he wasn't that hurt like some are making it to be, and when you don't want to fight you can get caught.
But on the other hand, Donaire bangs harder with both hands than Marroquin.

So the possibility of Rigo getting taken out once he gets clipped is not outside the realm of possibility.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #152
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
But on the other hand, Donaire bangs harder with both hands than Marroquin.

So the possibility of Rigo getting taken out once he gets clipped is not outside the realm of possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
BORKED

Don-Aye-Rhee's just got to land and it doesn't even have to be flush.

R.I.P. Hideous Lil Cuban w/ the Glass Jaw



Note: that's a Cuban baby crying in the background


Like I said earlier. I don't see Rigo KO'ing Nonito. Rigo won't win a decision if he stays on his back foot and counters all night regardless of how effective he is at it. Judging is just not favoring that most of the time. And what happened when he tried to go offensive in his last fight?
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #153
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Donaire will lose eventually, but to a fighter who is physically bigger than Rigo.

Top quality post BBall.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #154
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 540
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
But on the other hand, Donaire bangs harder with both hands than Marroquin.

So the possibility of Rigo getting taken out once he gets clipped is not outside the realm of possibility.
Nonito could take any 122 fighter that agreed, what I'm pointing out is that particular fight, first Rigondeaux was upset with all the legal things that went on and on, second the fight was cancelled and back on again only three days before the fight and on top that, he was to appear on a Miami court that wednesday 72 hours before fight time, like I said he wasn't happy and want it cancel, his trainer drag him out of his bedroom for the fight, do you think that when he fight Nonito he will see the same Rigondeaux that Marroquin saw and under the same circumstance?
garfios is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #155
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
you tell me about rankings, WV2 just getting mauled by old little Arce.
Marroquin looked 10 times better than Mathebula.

well that was acually before donaire decided to "go back to his roots" and set up punches rather than go for the one shot kill
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #156
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Nonito could take any 122 fighter that agreed, what I'm pointing out is that particular fight, first Rigondeaux was upset with all the legal things that went on and on, second the fight was cancelled and back on again only three days before the fight and on top that, he was to appear on a Miami court that wednesday 72 hours before fight time, like I said he wasn't happy and want it cancel, his trainer drag him out of his bedroom for the fight, do you think that when he fight Nonito he will see the same Rigondeaux that Marroquin saw and under the same circumstance?
Maybe he should have gone to Vegas with Gamboa and they could have hid under Floyd's bed together.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #157
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,504
vCash: 4511
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Always been a big fan of Rigo but I think his (too) passive style and low punch output is gonna cost him the fight.
Donaire's gonna make him throw more than usual, tireing Rigo down the stretch and eventually busting him up.

Rigo is a joy to watch for me and I will be rooting for him though.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #158
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 540
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Maybe he should have gone to Vegas with Gamboa and they could have hid under Floyd's bed together.
WTF are you talking about, do facts make you stupid?
garfios is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #159
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 462
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Best excuse for having knees buckled when trying to be offensive minded I've EVER heard. Keep em coming.
He wasn't trying to be offensive minded. Marroquin stepped on his foot while Rigo pulled back.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #160
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 462
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I thought Marroquin did touch him, no? Took a couple rounds and buckled Rigo's knees.
It's arguable that he even won that round, and he was dropped twice and outclassed the entire fight.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #161
Cuban Bon Bon
Proverbs 9:10
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Nice observation B! I'm still riding with Nonito in this one. They will exchange at some point and I think Donaire's heavier stuff will take it's toll.
People are forgetting Rigo's " one punch wicked liver punches " that no one can take and stay standing. Doesn't matter what your last name is or where you are from, whoever Rigo lands on with those liver shots they aren't getting up. So yes, Donaire has KO power but so does Rigo.

Cuban Bon Bon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #162
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,852
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Nice observation B! I'm still riding with Nonito in this one. They will exchange at some point and I think Donaire's heavier stuff will take it's toll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Donaire will lose eventually, but to a fighter who is physically bigger than Rigo.

Top quality post BBall.
thanks guys. I was waiting to see if yall showed up. I know it's hard to find threads about what goes on inside the rings around here
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #163
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,440
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Bon Bon View Post
People are forgetting Rigo's " one punch wicked liver punches " that no one can take and stay standing. Doesn't matter what your last name is or where you are from, whoever Rigo lands on with those liver shots they aren't getting up. So yes, Donaire has KO power but so does Rigo.

However my friend, Cordoba got up and took the knockdown back.

And Marroquin wasn't bothered by it in any way.

We shall see.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #164
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,650
vCash: 0
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
However my friend, Cordoba got up and took the knockdown back.

And Marroquin wasn't bothered by it in any way.

We shall see.
Marroquin was dropped twice from counters to the head, though, despite being a bigger man who had not been knocked down as a pro. If Rigo lands clean on Donaire, he certainly can produce the same result. Then again, Nonito is equally capable of dropping Rigo if he lands flush...

Intriguing fight, to say the least...
Drew101 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #165
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 2415
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Bon Bon View Post
People are forgetting Rigo's " one punch wicked liver punches " that no one can take and stay standing. Doesn't matter what your last name is or where you are from, whoever Rigo lands on with those liver shots they aren't getting up. So yes, Donaire has KO power but so does Rigo.

Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015