Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #46
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Soliman beats Sturm. Does Geale take the fight or drop the IBF MW title?

I'd actually like to see Geale offer Soliman his due shot here.

Sam has put in honest work the last few years, notched some decent names, and fought in three IBF eliminators. He deserves this.

Furthermore, on current form he makes for a more creditable title defense than did 37 yo Mundine. In fact, he'd count as Geale's 2nd best defense after Sturm as I don't rate Adama one jot and Albert was shot when he lost to Geale (and he lost to Soliman every bit as comfortably a mere nine weeks or so later)

After this domestic business is settled, Geale can resume chasing that big international unification affair.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #47
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman beats Sturm. Does Geale take the fight or drop the IBF MW title?

He has to fight Soliman, I'm sure that he isn't actually ducking him but if he tries to get out of the fight again that is how it is going to come across.

Fight Soliman and if you're good enough to get past him fight Golovkin..
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #48
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownbomber1 View Post
He has to fight Soliman, I'm sure that he isn't actually ducking him but if he tries to get out of the fight again that is how it is going to come across.

Fight Soliman and if you're good enough to get past him fight Golovkin..
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #49
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'd actually like to see Geale offer Soliman his due shot here.

Sam has put in honest work the last few years, notched some decent names, and fought in three IBF eliminators. He deserves this.

Furthermore, on current form he makes for a more creditable title defense than did 37 yo Mundine. In fact, he'd count as Geale's 2nd best defense after Sturm as I don't rate Adama one jot and Albert was shot when he lost to Geale (and he lost to Soliman every bit as comfortably a mere nine weeks or so later)

After this domestic business is settled, Geale can resume chasing that big international unification affair.
That's all pretty fair.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #50
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

From the punters perspective, its fair enought to want to see Geale v Soliman. From a business perspective, which is what it is, Sam needs to be looked over.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #51
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
From the punters perspective, its fair enought to want to see Geale v Soliman. From a business perspective, which is what it is, Sam needs to be looked over.

Thats where boxing falls to pieces.. the UFC, you fight whoever they put in front of you. Sam has earned his number one shot, it should be that simple
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #52
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Thats where boxing falls to pieces.. the UFC, you fight whoever they put in front of you. Sam has earned his number one shot, it should be that simple
It should. Daniel put him off once for a payday he should give Soliman a shot. But it's boxing.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #53
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Falling to peices in what way? The middleweight division is stacked, and there have been some great fights of late. Why do you think fighters have backers and strive to get to World title level? To get a belt? Titles give you the leverage to create big paydays. You think sponsors and managers invest money in fighters just because they feel like it? no, they believe in a fighter and most of the time percieve that a return will be made on investment. Its a business the same as any other. This old bullshit statement about the UFC "fight who they put in front of you" means nothing, you cant compare the 2. The UFC have the monopoly on MMA.

As for Sam, he offers no return on investment. Push him aside.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #54
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Falling to peices in what way? The middleweight division is stacked, and there have been some great fights of late. Why do you think fighters have backers and strive to get to World title level? To get a belt? Titles give you the leverage to create big paydays. You think sponsors and managers invest money in fighters just because they feel like it? no, they believe in a fighter and most of the time percieve that a return will be made on investment. Its a business the same as any other. This old bullshit statement about the UFC "fight who they put in front of you" means nothing, you cant compare the 2. The UFC have the monopoly on MMA.

As for Sam, he offers no return on investment. Push him aside.
Falling apart in the sense that, No one fights each other... They are too worried about a loss on their records etc. Answer me this... If Geale was all for the big fights, why did he fight those two nobody Africans after he beat Sylvester the first time??
I have also heard that some time ago Sam and Daniel did a fair bit of sparring together and Daniel didn't cope too well with Sams style...
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #55
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I have also heard that some time ago Sam and Daniel did a fair bit of sparring together and Daniel didn't cope too well with Sams style...
I have wonderered how true these rumors where if he ducks Soliman I guess that will answer my question.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #56
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
I have wonderered how true these rumors where if he ducks Soliman I guess that will answer my question.

So u have heard the rumours too?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #57
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
So u have heard the rumours too?
Yeah.
But at the end of the day sparing is sparing and fighting is fighting.
Soliman would give sugar ray Robinson fits he is s unorthodox
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #58
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Yeah.
But at the end of the day sparing is sparing and fighting is fighting.
Soliman would give sugar ray Robinson fits he is s unorthodox

Agree... Geale needs to fight Sam to silence the rumpours though
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #59
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Agree... Geale needs to fight Sam to silence the rumpours though
Yes and Sam has earned his shot!
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #60
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Falling apart in the sense that, No one fights each other... They are too worried about a loss on their records etc. Answer me this... If Geale was all for the big fights, why did he fight those two nobody Africans after he beat Sylvester the first time??
Noone fights each other
One African was a voluntary, and one was a mandatory. Whats your point?
Where did you hear that? From Soliman? No, Daniel didnt cope with being tackled in response to Schooling Soliman.
fighta29 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum