Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #61
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman beats Sturm. Does Geale take the fight or drop the IBF MW title?

It would be an interesting fight between Mundine's left overs

I'd Imagine they could draw a good crowd in Melbourne and have a good undercard

**** Golovkin it's only internet warriors who claim everybody is ducking him, If I was Geale I would rather keep the IBF strap and not have to be the challenger for the WBA. Let GGG keep defending against blown up welterweights...
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #62
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Soliman beats Sturm. Does Geale take the fight or drop the IBF MW title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Noone fights each other
One African was a voluntary, and one was a mandatory. Whats your point?
Where did you hear that? From Soliman? No, Daniel didnt cope with being tackled in response to Schooling Soliman.

Im not the only person here who knows of the rumours of sparring.

So he will fight some African Mandatory that no one knows anything about here in Aus, but he shouldn't fight Soliman, who stepped aside so Geale could get his pay day against Mundine, they are both Aussie, makes much more sense that his mandatory against the African... Something is fishy....
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #63
cobba
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

why doesnt this fight make business sense?

Right now Geale is on everyones lips in Oz .... shouldnt be too hard to talk up the Sammy fight and make some decent coin??
cobba is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #64
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobba View Post

Right now Geale is on everyones lips in Oz .... shouldnt be too hard to talk up the Sammy fight and make some decent coin??

Obviously more too it than that, Shaw talking about getting out of it etc etc..
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #65
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownbomber1 View Post
Im not the only person here who knows of the rumours of sparring.

So he will fight some African Mandatory that no one knows anything about here in Aus, but he shouldn't fight Soliman, who stepped aside so Geale could get his pay day against Mundine, they are both Aussie, makes much more sense that his mandatory against the African... Something is fishy....
From memory they sparred some 5-6 years ago. Sam fought a sub-par Sturm the other day. Sturm looked nothing like when he fought Geale. Good timing for Soliman, fighting fighters that have been broken by Geale, he's done that a couple of times now hasnt he? So 5-6 years on, Geale has no problem retiring Soliman. Sparring 5-6 years ago, Good try.

**** who know what about who in oz, do your research. Fact is, Sam is a non-event, hard to sell, and brings what to the table? Everything has to be done for him, at Least with Mundine, he brings ticket sales to the table. If Geale ends up having to fight Soliman, so be it, but its a waste of time and money, a no point bout.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #66
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobba View Post
Sam Soliman
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #67
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
From the punters perspective, its fair enought to want to see Geale v Soliman. From a business perspective, which is what it is, Sam needs to be looked over.
I agree.

And also from a boxing perspective I'd much rather see Geale try and make a GGG fight instead of looking average against Soliman.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #68
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

So u believe that the Mandatory African he fought was easier to sell in Tassie than a fight with Soliman would be in Tassie or Melbourne?? Righto mate, whatever ya wanna believe.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #69
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Deck View Post
I agree.

And also from a boxing perspective I'd much rather see Geale try and make a GGG fight instead of looking average against Soliman.
It's not the point, he lost his WBA belt because he didnt want to fight Sam..Now he should be allowed to duck Sam again just so he can go on and fight Golovkin??? There is a reason why there are mandatory fights that need to be inforced
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #70
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
So u believe that the Mandatory African he fought was easier to sell in Tassie than a fight with Soliman would be in Tassie or Melbourne?? Righto mate, whatever ya wanna believe.
Yep, it did
And yep, i will
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #71
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yep, it did
And yep, i will
How??
How could a fight with Eromesle Albert or Osumanu Adamu possibly be easier to sell in Aus than a world title fight between 2 Aussies?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #72
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It's not the point, he lost his WBA belt because he didnt want to fight Sam..Now he should be allowed to duck Sam again just so he can go on and fight Golovkin??? There is a reason why there are mandatory fights that need to be inforced

What the **** do you mean he lost his WBA belt because he didnt want to fight Sam?

****ing oath he should not fight Sam to fight Golovkin, brush the old man and fight the contender.

It might be enforced, we will See. He may very well fight Soliman. Its just my opinion.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #73
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
How??
How could a fight with Eromesle Albert or Osumanu Adamu possibly be easier to sell in Aus than a world title fight between 2 Aussies?
I dont know how, but it did. Good timing i guess.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #74
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
What the **** do you mean he lost his WBA belt because he didnt want to fight Sam?

****ing oath he should not fight Sam to fight Golovkin, brush the old man and fight the contender.

It might be enforced, we will See. He may very well fight Soliman. Its just my opinion.

Not if old mate Shaw worms his way out of it again
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #75
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I dont know how, but it did. Good timing i guess.

You are purely speculating.. Soliman v Geale, Aussie v Aussie for a world title would outsell the African debacle, no doubt in the world

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum