Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Talk about "swings and roundabouts".....

Big Bunce was spot on in his damning criticism of Woodhall, its about time someone spoke up about Woodhalls bias, its becoming a joke. How Woodhall gave Rees that 7th round I will never know...

Onto Rees, what a brave guy he was, I honestly underrated him as a fighter. He put up a good fight & his chin & powers of recovery were commendable.
He took some big big shots in the fight, but kept coming back, I couldnt believe it when he got through the 7th round & came back out strongly in the next, I was sure he was done.
I know it sounds strange as Witter beat Kotelnik, but I honestly think Rees gave Kotlenik a tougher fight than Witter did.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Does anyone no what 'racist' language was being said? In reference to what Big Bad Buncey was talking about after the Docherty fight?
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #18
Steve Fox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Did Rees throw a meaningful punch in that fight? I'm not sure he even landed one to the head. The way he kept jumping in and using those flurries, reminded me of a kid who'd just learnt a special move in Streetfighter 2 and couldn't stop using it. Credit his heart and very little else, he took a sound beating without ever troubling his opponent.
Steve Fox is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #19
Dibbs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
Does anyone no what 'racist' language was being said? In reference to what Big Bad Buncey was talking about after the Docherty fight?
I wondered what Bunce was talking too, the only bad language i heard was Enzo Calzaghe with Ree's in between rounds, when you have fought hard for 3 minutes and your trainer says 'forget the fu*king water'.....
Dibbs is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
don't know. is doherty part gypsey or something? maybe it related to that.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #21
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Rees was outlanding at times though, It wasn't that wide as Bunce had It. Or don't body shots get scored enough?
i think for every clean bodyshot rees landed, kotlenik landed a clean headshot. and rees was getting hurt and kotelnik wasn't. i actually wouldn't mind seeing some punch stats.

i think rees was outlanding at times early in each round, but by the last 45 seconds to a minute, kotelnik was landing the cleaner more hurtful shots which is what won him the rounds imo.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #22
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have to stick up for Woodhall on this one. I can see where Bunce was coming from as Kotelnik was the classier fighter landing the cleaner shots but Bunce was trying to make out that he was completely dominant and that Rees wasn't even competing. I think the judges had it right in having Kotelnik 3-5 rounds up at the time of the stoppage so that shows that it wasn't complete one way traffic. I thought Bunce went over the top and I was quite surprised when he came out with that at the end of the fight. Although Kotlenik was the superior fighter he still had to work hard for it. Was surprised Enzo Calzaghe didn't tell Rees to cover himself when backing away.
HOF is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

It wasn't that it was one sided, just that (IMHO) Kotelnik won enough 10-9 rounds to make the scoring a lot wider than Woodhall had it.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #24
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Richie may have got carried away a tiny bit with his view of the fight, but at least he didn't behave like a c**t. I am getting seriously fed up with Setanta's insistence on using Steve Bunce. When you bear in mind that they only showed two fights in order to fit in the gargoyle faced bell end, you've got to start wondering what's going on at Setanta.
Hes a terrible broadcaster and writer.
Even his Harold Steptoe voice when he gets animated gets on my tits.
Rees was getting picked off and worked over though,agreed.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #25
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

"You dirty old man...."
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #26
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Do you see what i mean?Listen when he gets excited.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #27
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

The Bunce hating bores me to be honest.

Why is everyone hating on the guy all of a sudden?
I have seen, read & heard a lot worse people than Bunce in the media.

Bunce exposed Woodhall for what I have always thought he was, a man as full of biased bullshit as Jim Watt.
Well done Steve Bunce for exposing the myth that Woodhall is any different from any other co-commentator/yes man in british boxing today.

It was actually funny to see Woodhall stuttering about how if the fight was judged in america he would be right blah blah

Since when did Woodhall ever favour a brawler over a jabber? Never. Bunce KO1 Woodhall.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I usually agree with what Woodhall says but the "if this fight was fought in Vegas" argument was bollocks. It wasn't fought in Vegas and even if it was Rees was getting comprehensively outpointed. I think the Bunce hating is just to do with the mockney cunt being on TV more these days, I've been hating the ****er for years....;O)
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #29
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
The Bunce hating bores me to be honest.

Why is everyone hating on the guy all of a sudden?
I have seen, read & heard a lot worse people than Bunce in the media.

Bunce exposed Woodhall for what I have always thought he was, a man as full of biased bullshit as Jim Watt.
Well done Steve Bunce for exposing the myth that Woodhall is any different from any other co-commentator/yes man in british boxing today.

It was actually funny to see Woodhall stuttering about how if the fight was judged in america he would be right blah blah

Since when did Woodhall ever favour a brawler over a jabber? Never. Bunce KO1 Woodhall.
yes,maybe its a bit OTT,but Jim watt is INFINITELY better at analysing etc a fight(er)
Different league.
Bunce gets too a hard time,granted,but im not willing to concede that hes actually a good broadcaster.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #30
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Now a migraine inducing thought would be having Bunce and Jim Watt on the same commentary team! Watt being the man who changes his opinion as often as the wind changes direction and Bunce being Bunce! By the way I like Bunce - far more consitent in his opinions than Watt who I've had to put up with for years on Sky Sports. One of the benefits of setanta coming on to the scene is not having to listen to him so often. And I know a lot fighters who he's commentated on feel the same way

Last edited by HOF; 03-24-2008 at 05:06 PM.
HOF is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum