Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Richard towers an accident waiting to happen

In fairness I know a lot of decent kids (meself included) who have ended up in trouble due to poor decision making as a youngster. It happens, doesnt make you a bad person for life especially if you turn your life around the way towers has done. I met him a while back and he was dead sound. I dont think hes gonna be a great fighter but hes a nice kid and a hard worker and I wish him all the best in his career and will be supporting him along the way. Unless he fights pricey that is lol.
pikecubic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #17
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think he's a good guy, just went off the track and ended up in the clink but has served his time. He's in a good position to put himself in the contender frame, good luck to the guy.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent-nose View Post
He wasn't involved in the torture and served his time.

I've met him lots of time - he's a really friendly guy.

The opening poster seems to have finished slagging Kid Galahad and has moved on to one of his stablemates. Hmmmmm.

Ohhh so he didn't torture someone. Only aided in kidnapping and aiding the scumbags who did torture the bloke?

What a nice guy...

Saying that, wasn't the other bloke a scummy drug dealer? I struggle to have sympathy with him.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #19
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Seen him fight a ferw times, Initially i though he looked good but I think that was down to the quality of opposition.

He was very lucky in his last fight and should probably have been stopped.

I can't see him progressing much further unless he improves his stamina, he's also a bit slow.

Audley's next opponent?
rampant is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #20
Bent-nose
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
Ohhh so he didn't torture someone. Only aided in kidnapping and aiding the scumbags who did torture the bloke?

What a nice guy...

Saying that, wasn't the other bloke a scummy drug dealer? I struggle to have sympathy with him.
I was answering a post asking "has anyone met him". Anyone who has met him since he turned his life around would concur that he is a friendly guy. He trains hard, doesn't cause anyone trouble, sparred 4 weeks with Wladimir.

Can't you give him a break?
Bent-nose is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

This is what Wlad/Vitali's training camp manager/nutritionist thinks about Towers, thought Id share..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
We had Richard for sparring for the Wach fight. He had never been a sparring partner before for anyone. poor guy was so nervous. With in days... everyone loved the guy.

He was so good for us that for the first time EVER, wlad had me bring a sparring partner to fight week for extra work... it was Richard. he became the main guy for us.

He is such a great guy. He would talk with my wife and twin sons (20) about his mistakes and doing the right thing in the hotel during fight week. Always happy and always so appreciative for where he was in Hamburg.

Even Wlad was showing him things to help him. he would say "Chef, pinch me cause this is like a dream come true". I really came to like and respect the guy. We email 1-2 times a month.

I told him.."Richard my man, if you get that shot at the title (with out a Klitschko) I will come help with nutrition and cooking for you for free"

I hope he takes me up on it some day. Really a great guy!!
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #22
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Apparently when he was sparring the Klitschko's, they had to push him in, he didnt want to go in, he thought he was just over for a holiday. He took one jab, took a dive and left praising just how good and complete boxers they are.

A Richard Towers vs. Audley Harrison Prizefighter fight would be genuinely interesting. "Ewwwww don't hit me"
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
Bent-nose
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Apparently when he was sparring the Klitschko's, they had to push him in, he didnt want to go in, he thought he was just over for a holiday. He took one jab, took a dive and left praising just how good and complete boxers they are.

A Richard Towers vs. Audley Harrison Prizefighter fight would be genuinely interesting. "Ewwwww don't hit me"
Wlad sent home other sparring partners after 2 days. Why would he pay Richard for 4 weeks if your nonsense was true?
Bent-nose is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
He took one jab, took a dive and left praising just how good and complete boxers they are.
So which person who wasn't even there told you this?
Strike is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #25
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

what is someones criminal record got to do with him being a boxer, who has the right to say a man cant succeed in a sport where some of the best in the world have been in jail, should we wipe sonny liston, dwight muhamid qawi, etc etc from boxing history, just stick to his boxing in comments, he'll already have a probation officer.
dempseys right is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #26
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseys right View Post
what is someones criminal record got to do with him being a boxer, who has the right to say a man cant succeed in a sport where some of the best in the world have been in jail, should we wipe sonny liston, dwight muhamid qawi, etc etc from boxing history, just stick to his boxing in comments, he'll already have a probation officer.
Agreed to an extent, although it would depend a bit on the crime. Also, not that it matters but he won't have a PO anymore. He will have had one when released on parole and under licence, but not now.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #27
Boxing Gloves
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I liked the look of Towers at first but i've become a doubter since the Gregory Tony fight.
There's a boxer from Doncaster called Carl Spencer who stopped Towers in the amateurs and looks good, wouldn't mind seeing them fight somewhere down the line.
Boxing Gloves is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum