Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #46
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why didn't Naseem Hamed ever fight properly again after Barrera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
The fact your laughing shows your ignorance. MAB hadn't got a particularly impressive resume pre-Hamed, his stand out win been Mcckinney. Bungu beat Mckinney twice and beat him before MAB, he was a champion for 7years. Ofcourse barrera deserved the decision against Morales, which would tip his achievement over. MAB had also been battered twice by Junior Jones.

Retrospectively MAB is Hamed's best opponent and he was the nearest prime and the most talented but his achievements at the time weren't that impressive
Actually, MAB wasn't "battered" in the 2nd Jones fight, as he put on a better performance in the rematch. And the version of Jones that beat MAB twice was far closer to his prime than say the version that Paul Ingle beat at 126. It's no disgrace losing to Jones at 118 or 122, especially considering MAB improved on the 1st performance. I'll give you the 7 years thing, but if you believe that Bungu's beating McKinney twice before MAB did and MAB's deserving against Morales, who is better than anyone that Bungu or even Hamed beat, puts Bungu's accomplishments on MAB's level, so be it.
Clinton is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #47
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You seem to have about 100 posts in each of them.
Wrong. You would have to go back MONTHS before you could even find my making any comments on a Hamed thread.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #48
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Actually, MAB wasn't "battered" in the 2nd Jones fight, as he put on a better performance in the rematch. And the version of Jones that beat MAB twice was far closer to his prime than say the version that Paul Ingle beat at 126. It's no disgrace losing to Jones at 118 or 122, especially considering MAB improved on the 1st performance. I'll give you the 7 years thing, but if you believe that Bungu's beating McKinney twice before MAB did and MAB's deserving against Morales, who is better than anyone that Bungu or even Hamed beat, puts Bungu's accomplishments on MAB's level, so be it.
Achievements wise you'd still question MAB with losses to Morales and JJ, depending on if you had him losing to Morales or not. Agree on JJ going down hill post MAB and being a massive talent. For excitement level it's definitely worth tracking his fights down if you haven't seen them

Hamed-Junior Jones would have been allot of fun and I think that was planned as Junior Jones was on the under of the Hamed-Kelley, but lost

Morales at the time was a little bit protected by Arum coming into the MAB fight, his significant opponents coming off loses or being old
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #49
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Achievements wise you'd still question MAB with losses to Morales and JJ, depending on if you had him losing to Morales or not. Agree on JJ going down hill post MAB and being a massive talent. For excitement level it's definitely worth tracking his fights down if you haven't seen them

Hamed-Junior Jones would have been allot of fun and I think that was planned as Junior Jones was on the under of the Hamed-Kelley, but lost

Morales at the time was a little bit protected by Arum coming into the MAB fight, his significant opponents coming off loses or being old
I like this post. Jones was a tough cookie as his physical advantages were freakish- 5 foot 8 inches and 71 wingspan as a BANTAMWEIGHT. Big puncher with good abilities as well. Interesting fact, though. He was stopped at 118 by a fellow that he'd beaten in one of his 1st, whose name escapes me. I believe John Michael Jackson. Same fellow that stretchered out Augie Sanchez in Sanchez's last fight.
Clinton is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum