Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #46
dbouziane
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ward's a more complete fighter than Calzaghe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
I had it scored a bit wider for Calzaghe but Bika was brought up due to the inside fighting remark. All the infighting for Ward was razor thin action but Calzaghe especially in the last few rounds (been a while since iv watched it) really started to get the better of it inside.

Did Ward go from being a 190lbs to 220lb HW?

I wasn't catagorically discarding the knockdowns, i was noting the inconsistancy with INTBUTT's comment towards their relevancy. You've once again disregarded the context and as i previously mentioned aren't worth my time. Trying joining the discussion when you have the reading comprehension of a 8 year old.
haha damn you can almost see calzaghe fan's eyes well up with tears through the computer screen when you say anything that is percieved as a slight.

grow the **** up son and stop acting like the load your mom should have swallowed.

i actually like calzaghe and was happy as hell when he destroyed Lacy, but got damn some of his fans.... what a joke.
dbouziane is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
haha damn you can almost see calzaghe fan's eyes well up with tears through the computer screen when you say anything that is percieved as a slight.

grow the **** up son and stop acting like the load your mom should have swallowed.

i actually like calzaghe and was happy as hell when he destroyed Lacy, but got damn some of his fans.... what a joke.
Yeah my love of the british and their fighters is what im most known for...
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #48
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Calzaghe beats Ward everytime, Calzaghe would be too fast for Ward, Ward won't be able to get Calzaghe off, Ward won't be able to set himself, Ward would be swamped with combos from all angles from Joe Calzaghe.
trampie is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #49
FPJ
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ber View Post
Ward worked with a chin trainer who made his chin iron from pure glass. Tne name of tnat chin wizard is Victor Conte.
Oh, its iron. Im confused, i thought they call him the Sandman cause his chin was concrete.
FPJ is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #50
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Joe was 36 and in his prime when he fought 40 year old Roy.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #51
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Calzaghe was floored by two nobody's. Some fairy tale posting going on in this thread.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #52
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Imagine this.
He would probably be the best hw of all time.
A mix of Joe Calzhaghe and Eric "butterbean" Esch.

Just imagine a 300 pound man coming at you with the speed and workrate of a fast smw.
That's terrifying, you can't push him back because he's too heavy, and those slaps man.
Those slaps.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #53
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
nah not stamina, I think that is Ward's weakness and later in his career he will get stopped late by a fighter who has no right to beat him.
When have we seen evidence of Ward gassing?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #54
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Everyone was supposed to be more complete than Calzaghe, but nobody managed to beat him.
Calzaghe is old, has damaged hands and is well past his best, so at worst would just clearly beat ward by UD.
Prime Calzaghe would get rid of Ward inside the distance without great fuss.

Ward was gassing against Froch and Bika, both were getting the better of Ward at the end of the fight respectively and slow Froch without the biggest workrate was getting to Ward at the end.

Tell me which top undefeated fighters or undefeated world champs has Ward fought?
bro , Ward would avoid Calzaghe's punches very easy , control the distance , jabbing to the body and control very well the fight. If Calzaghe would want to attack and go full throttle , Ward would annihilate that with his roughness inside work until Calzaghe would be broken down and tired !

Ward by UD !

p.s I talk here about a prime Calzaghe.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #55
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
When have we seen evidence of Ward gassing?
Does this qualify?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Tough he looks a bit girly here
dyna is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #56
Sugar Nick
He's A Good Boy
ESB Senior Member

Ward dominates Clazaghe and stops him in 5.

Calzaghe is quite possilby the least tealented champion in the history of boxing. He's up there with Valuev except Valuev had more guts.

Lets name at least a few of the requirements a fighter needs to have to land a fight with Calzaghe.

1) collects social security
2) holds down a job in a fast food joint
3) is either a fan of the Contender or has been on the show
4) puts his teeth in first and then his mouthpiece
5) fought in WWII

6)has seen the film "Rocky."
Sugar Nick is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #57
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Yes.

That does not mean he'd beat Calzaghe.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #58
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
??

Jones was a forearm shot and Joe was 37...if you're discarding Ward's early career then discard the Bhop and Jones KD's. The young Ward is more applicable than a old Calzaghe, keep it consistant.

Also irrelevant for the H2H discussion since Ward's feather fists arent going to do anything to Joe.
What in red confuses you? Chris hurt Joe in the 12th. The preceding sentence reads "It isn't as though Joe's never been hurt or dropped whatsoever" in case you thought I was listing only people who'd dropped him.

If it was the part about him being shot, well he was certainly on the downward slope, every bit as much as Calzaghe was against Jones and Hopkins. So...let's keep it consistent.

Quote:
Jones was a forearm shot and Joe was 37...if you're discarding Ward's early career then discard the Bhop and Jones KD's. The young Ward is more applicable than a old Calzaghe, keep it consistant.
I don't know, man. The examples I cited were actually dotted throughout Joe's career, not just the end. You chose to focus in on the Jones KD and add the Hopkins one (which I didn't even mention).

I don't think it's irrelevant in the least that Ward was green in 2004/5 and getting caught with dumb shots, both of which he didn't see coming because he was young and reckless...

Shaken up by Kost in the 1st, 6:43 of the video:
BORKED

Boone round 4 knockdown, slow motion replay at start of video:
BORKED

Youthful mistakes were the culprit, and not a glass jaw. While both Kenny & Darnell did legitimately rattle his cage, he recovered from both with aplomb.

You can't possibly be suggesting that Ward of then was closer to Ward of now than Calzaghe of 2008 was to his peak self?

Ward has improved tenfold since those days...no less so than Wladimir Klitschko did after his KO losses and hooking up with Manny.

Quote:
Also irrelevant for the H2H discussion since Ward's feather fists arent going to do anything to Joe.
...and what exactly are Joe's feather fists going to do to Ward??
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #59
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There aren't many fighters who are more complete than Ward and Calzaghe isn't one of them. I'm not talking about skill but just about how well rounded he is and in that aspect Ward is one of the very best
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #60
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

so ward would win the battle on the inside? even though nobody has? joe was great on the inside. he'd always get his left hand free and go to work. calzaghe wouldn't fall for all that clinching shit. joe would have far too many angles to work with in close.

ward would control the distance? that's a good one. nobody has ever done that before. not even hopkins who is much much better at this game.

oh, and vysotsky is correct, IB. ward has become better at avoiding shots with better defence, but nothing is going to improve his punch resistance. as they say, you can't put muscle on your chin.

prime for prime, calz would **** ward up in every area. it isn't even close i'm afraid.
assasin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum