Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #151
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122
Default Re: 2013: ++Domestic Prospects: Time for New Additions ++

There's a few cruiserweights Ive been keeping an eye on.

Danny Price. Very tall, good amateur career (beat Bellew in the ABAs) & is on the Dickinson-Dolan undercard.

Chris Keane. Struggled with injury problems but recently had a good win, stopping McPhilbin in a few rounds.

Deion Jumah. Double ABA champion who has signed with Sauerland, made his debut last week & is in action again this weekend. Hard-hitting & aggressive southpaw with a lot of potential.
DrMo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #152
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Not writing him off mate that's why i said i hope. Lindsay's a classy operator.
Ah, read what you put properly now. Trying to watch england, play footie manager and apply for a job at the same time. Hows dfa doing?
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #153
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
There's a few cruiserweights Ive been keeping an eye on.

Danny Price. Very tall, good amateur career (beat Bellew in the ABAs) & is on the Dickinson-Dolan undercard.

Chris Keane. Struggled with injury problems but recently had a good win, stopping McPhilbin in a few rounds.

Deion Jumah. Double ABA champion who has signed with Sauerland, made his debut last week & is in action again this weekend. Hard-hitting & aggressive southpaw with a lot of potential.
Look forward to seeing Jumah, Hopefully will be on Froch undercard. Good win that for Keane i hope him and Wadi Camacho get it on. Good fight that would be. Not seen a lot of Price but heard good things.

Mo = Cruiserweight Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Ah, read what you put properly now. Trying to watch england, play footie manager and apply for a job at the same time. Hows dfa doing?
Good display by England. Good luck with job hunt mate. What field you in?.

It's going well bro, Played a Crystal Palace Dev side and Reading U16 and had a U14 GK and U15 striker impress in those respective games and gain a trial each. We're hopefully playing a Aldershot Preperation side for players to showcase ability and then Stevenage in Half term so i'm doing my bit. Would like others in staff to pull weight, Seem to be doing a lot of it on my own via the lords blessings.

There's so many of these projects about charging silly money. As i told kids take these chances, not many projects like this are less then price of two pieces of chicken and chips per week . One academy across Thames charges 60 a month!.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #154
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What field you in?.
Politics, research, campaigning, charity work. Been unemployed for about 5months now and had 2 interviews out of 80applications so its ****ing tough out there. 60quid a month sounds crazy. I remember when I had to pay 2quid a week for our training but is was on a field in middle of hartlepool covered in dog shit, jumpers for posts and pitches as bumpy as luke chadwicks skin. Im looking for work in london, so if anything comes off and its a big if and i move down there ill help you train the keepers.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #155
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Look forward to seeing Jumah, Hopefully will be on Froch undercard. Good win that for Keane i hope him and Wadi Camacho get it on. Good fight that would be. Not seen a lot of Price but heard good things.

Mo = Cruiserweight Connoisseur
I love it, probably my favourite division

Jumah looked good on his debut, a little upright & stiff like most ex-kickboxers are but sets up his back hand nicely. Crunching body shot 1st round ko
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #156
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I hope he gets matched with someone decent on dickinson undercard, his fight with grainger in a few months on a steve wood card i think it is looks a decent match up. If he wins that then put him in with miles then the loser of camacho/clarke.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #157
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Politics, research, campaigning, charity work. Been unemployed for about 5months now and had 2 interviews out of 80applications so its ****ing tough out there. 60quid a month sounds crazy. I remember when I had to pay 2quid a week for our training but is was on a field in middle of hartlepool covered in dog shit, jumpers for posts and pitches as bumpy as luke chadwicks skin. Im looking for work in london, so if anything comes off and its a big if and i move down there ill help you train the keepers.
I remember coaching a kid and he slid in for a tackle and his knees were covered in dog mess!. He tried wipe it off with his brand new Liverpool top .

Nice one mate, Will hold ya to that offer as well . Your right though it's tough man seriously tough times. Let me know if you do move down good. Sounds like you work in many fields as well .
Quote:
I love it, probably my favourite division

Jumah looked good on his debut, a little upright & stiff like most ex-kickboxers are but sets up his back hand nicely. Crunching body shot 1st round ko
Cheers Mo, Will check it out. Sounds exciting for Saturday another KO on it's way. Like that he's signed abroad shows no fear.

I got to say it dawned on me the other week how good the Cruiserweights are. Great division for excitement.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum