Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #631
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
The best thing I've ever done for traps is band pull-aparts. They look easy but they're pretty tough, great for shoulder health.
Dont have access to these unfortunately, I gym from my shed.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #632
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
You can pick up resistance bands fairly cheap from any sports store, or online. Some places sell it by the metre. Adding in band pull aparts, dislocations, face pulls and external rotations has done amazing things for my shoulder health.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #633
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Katy Perry - Firework came on today in the gym and I thought of Smudger straight away (srs)

It was shortly followed by Taylor Swift's new song

And you got a few more reps, admit it.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #634
oskari

Quote:
Virus (sorry for this question time business), atm I'm not lifting as I'm doing too much skill stuff for judo etc, but I do want to continue my neck and trap work as its important to prevent injuries etc... Will just shrugging (for traps) cause some shoulder imbalance? If so should I add in some one arm db rows so that the shrugging doesn't pull my shoulders forward?
You could try doing things like wrestler's bridge exercises, handstands and that kind of thing.
oskari is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #635
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskari View Post
You could try doing things like wrestler's bridge exercises, handstands and that kind of thing.
Yeah I do wrestlers bridges, theres only so much my head can take though!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #636
oskari

Quote:
Yeah I do wrestlers bridges, theres only so much my head can take though!
Push up from the wrestler's bridge to as close of a gymnastics one you can manage, push into it and hold for 1-3 sec and repeat for perhaps 3 times if you can manage. Do this at the end of every work out
oskari is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #637
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Don't know where you're from so I found both.

UK

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Those are a bit more expensive but they come as a pair. Most places sell bands single so this is a good deal.

US

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #638
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Really those are effective, do they provide that much resistance? Maybe once I get a job I'll invest in some.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #639
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

I've got 3 resistance bands bumpy. I'll post them you if you want/if I can find them.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #640
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
I've got 3 resistance bands bumpy. I'll post them you if you want/if I can find them.
Yeah sure if you dont mind, what do you even do with them?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #641
cutthroat22

You can pretty much do anything with them, curls, tri extensions, front/side raises, chest press etc. I'll try find them out and I'll post you them on monday If I can find them.

Getting a bit disheartened with this bulk, I swear its impossible for me to get past 15-15.2stone. I really really just can't be arsed to eat much more than I do already, **** knows how rugby players make it to like 20 stone.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #642
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How much are you eating atm? Before xmas I was taking in huge ammounts, although much of it was junk, KFC, Mcd's most days on top of the basics. I was blowing up way too fast so I started eating properly again for the new year, and feel better for it to.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #643
oskari

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
You can pretty much do anything with them, curls, tri extensions, front/side raises, chest press etc. I'll try find them out and I'll post you them on monday If I can find them.

Getting a bit disheartened with this bulk, I swear its impossible for me to get past 15-15.2stone. I really really just can't be arsed to eat much more than I do already, **** knows how rugby players make it to like 20 stone.
Breakfast: Porridge, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bread, a litre of whole milk.
Snack: 1 dl of something like peanuts, some fruit, some fatty and/or sugary drink
Lunch: 2 normal sized portions. Should take no less than 30´minutes to eat. A litre of whole milk to wash it down with.
Snack: something about equal to the first
Dinner: if off-day for weight lifting, eat for at least 1 hour. I used to do a pan pizza, the whole pan that is, with extra extra bacon, and washed it down with milk.
Snack: whatever you feel like, you need to be able to sleep without vomiting man.

Basically, if you're not working out, eating is your workout. If you want to gain weight while training hard, eating has to be at least as strenuous as working out.
oskari is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #644
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskari View Post
Breakfast: Porridge, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bread, a litre of whole milk.
Snack: 1 dl of something like peanuts, some fruit, some fatty and/or sugary drink
Lunch: 2 normal sized portions. Should take no less than 30´minutes to eat. A litre of whole milk to wash it down with.
Snack: something about equal to the first
Dinner: if off-day for weight lifting, eat for at least 1 hour. I used to do a pan pizza, the whole pan that is, with extra extra bacon, and washed it down with milk.
Snack: whatever you feel like, you need to be able to sleep without vomiting man.

Basically, if you're not working out, eating is your workout. If you want to gain weight while training hard, eating has to be at least as strenuous as working out.
That doesn't sound very much, I eat a fair bit right now like. I do drink a bit of milk but I don't want too much of it because it can give you man tits. Money comes into it too, I'm eating like two chicken breasts a day right now and some mince and then my shakes and it's ****ing expensive.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #645
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Steroids.

Not serious.

Conversely I cannot wait to start cutting. I'm gonna go on a slow ass cut for 6 months starting April. I'm just sick of being chubby, my face looks terrible and I hate the little handful of fat I can grab when I sit down. I'll probably look like a skinny runt but hey at least I can go on a fat old bulk afterwards
Smudger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing