swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Botha: I'm going to take him out quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownbomber1 View Post
It won't be the first time it's ever happened, Don't have a coronary mate

you suggest you know 'the inner workins' (sic) of boxing, yet you cant answer my questions as to how they can make a dive payable!!
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
you suggest you know 'the inner workins' (sic) of boxing, yet you cant answer my questions as to how they can make a dive payable!!

It's not rocket science.
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It's not rocket science.
then it will be easy for you to explain....

so go ahead. we are facinated...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #20
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
then it will be easy for you to explain....

so go ahead. we are facinated...
How difficult is it to give someone some money, it gets done all the time mate, come out from under your rock, naturally they arent going to write it into the fight contract
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
How difficult is it to give someone some money, it gets done all the time mate, come out from under your rock, naturally they arent going to write it into the fight contract
ohhh. so they offer money. ****in amazing. id never have thought of that.

what are the guarantees for both sides..... i mean, all this treachery cant be based on trust...can it?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Well I don't know for sure but this guy is old,shot and just in it for a pay cheque these days. IMO the SBW/Khoder circus puts Barnum and Bailey to shame. Botha will be getting good coin to not hurt SBW and put on a show but lose IMO.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Pianeta domainates Botha, Time to say goodbye to White Buffalo.

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on September 7, 2012 | From [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pianeta domainates Botha, Time to say goodbye to White Buffalo
By: Corey Quincy
In a big Friday Night of boxing at the RWE Rhein-Ruhr Sporthalle in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany Italian based German contender Francesco Pianeta widely decisioned long known South African boxer Francois Botha in a one sided affair that may have ended Botha’s [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
Pianeta, 27, Simply had [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] outmatched, So much faster and stronger. He was literally dancing around the ” White Buffalo ” from the first bell. Anytime he wanted to he could come in and catch Botha. Who for the majority of the fight just relaxed in the corner and got his head bounced back from the Italian-German contender’s not so powerful shots. It was a completely disappointing, None-spirited performance by the South African. More like a paycheck performance to earn some more money in a main event then an opportunity to win and get back to world level seeing how he didn’t even try when Pianeta left himself wide open at times.
Now on the other hand Pianeta looked well focused and actually impressed me a bit with his great accuracy and speed. But he was facing an old – May I add terribly conditioned Botha so while I did think this was the best I have seen Pianeta, this was not exactly a Klitschko he was in the ring with. So I give him praise and want to see more of him of course but not against older guys like Botha, or his last opponent Oliver McCall. Living in Germany you got guys like Kubrat Pulev, Robert Helenius, Alexander Povetkin who fight there regularly under Sauerland Events promotions. He is with Ulf Stienforth now which I believe he should transfer to Sauerland from when possible seeing Stienforth has no real opponents to put Fransesco in with. Botha on the other hand should retire. He is so slow and simply does not care to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] now. I will not want to watch him again after going a gross 1-4-1 in his last 6 bouts.
Pianeta stands as a southpaw, and moves very awkwardly. Plus is not known well or worth much as a fighter so most don’t care to face him. But he needs a top 20 guy soon. No more has-been opponents like McCall and Botha. Time for big guys like Povetkin, Pulev, Helenius as I said previously. Or even a ride to the UK for Price, Fury, Chisora, Haye which would be nice. To get any of these I say again he himself needs a big promoter like Sauerland or maybe ******. No promoter will risk their star guys in with someone who is high risk and with another promoter. But yes he does deserve [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], He is (26-0-1). Against guys most below top 20 but still decent opposition so time to take that next step seeing how he has been flawless mostly at this level. And I recommend you keep a glancing eye on him through the ride of his career.
On the co-feature we saw one of the best fighters in the limited female boxing game Christina Hammer defend her respectable WBO/WBF Female Middleweight titles against a Dominican contender by the name of Yahaira Hernandez. Hammer dominated Hernandez with her world class power scoring multiple knockdowns on route to a clear cut 100-85×3 decision. She was well conditioned as always in this fight and managed to maintain a solid pace throughout. Hernandez was also deducted a point seeing her excessive clinching due to Hammer’s – Hammering power but make no mistake this girl came game but was simply blown away but the power that actually saw her fall out of the ring in the final round behind the ropes. Hammer in my opinion is a great female boxer with a bright [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], whether you like female boxing or not!
Corey Quincy is a writer for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and his own site at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ( Domain may change ). Like his page on facebook at Boxing legends and/or Follow him on twitter at @Quincyboxingfan.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

SBW is no Pianeta.....

SBW wont box like Pianeta, he will stand in front of botha and exchange. either botha stands and trades bombs, or he covers up and gets outa there early by ko.

if botha hasnt got his heart in it. it will be over quick. if SBW carries him it will be obvious.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #24
ButtBread
@bettingboxing
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2149

I'd imagine Botha has a pretty decent amount of money. Assuming he doesn't have tons of illegitimate kids, he should be a millionaire or close to it. How much would he need to be paid to completely disgrace himself and take a shit on a great career? $250,00? As Swingin suggested, it's not easy for a South African who lives in the US to be paid $250,000 illegally in Australia and get it back in the country. Not even mentioning the risk of legal woes, including a possible prison stint.

If he wins, he can get a couple more fights as an opponent for legit young guys like Pianeta, and he'll be well paid for those fights as well. Legally and without risk. If he loses, those opportunities probably fade. So factor that in.

This isn't some guy who has a day job mowing lawns.

Why would he show up in decent shape for the fight if he was just planning to take a dive? Is he planning to transition into a career as a swim suit model?

Other than that though, I like the theory.
ButtBread is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Sadly, I think Frans is here for the payday.

He was probably close to retiring after his recent performances and then got the opportunity to fight $BW for good money.

No way would Nasser risk his new cash cow against a legit opponent at this stage of his "career".
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
SBW is no Pianeta.....

SBW wont box like Pianeta, he will stand in front of botha and exchange. either botha stands and trades bombs, or he covers up and gets outa there early by ko.

if botha hasnt got his heart in it. it will be over quick. if SBW carries him it will be obvious.
I hope for those that buy/go to the pub to see it it's legit. SBW went 6 rounds with Scott Lewis outboxing him. That's the only full fight I have seen of his. I think he will do the same with this guy. I dunno I just don't think Khoder will put him in with someone who will beat him jeapordise his Rugby season. JMO.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

SBW is fighting Botha because Botha is done. Look at the photo above, thats why he's fighting him. Botha wont take a dive.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #28
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBread View Post
I'd imagine Botha has a pretty decent amount of money. Assuming he doesn't have tons of illegitimate kids, he should be a millionaire or close to it. How much would he need to be paid to completely disgrace himself and take a shit on a great career? $250,00? As Swingin suggested, it's not easy for a South African who lives in the US to be paid $250,000 illegally in Australia and get it back in the country. Not even mentioning the risk of legal woes, including a possible prison stint.

If he wins, he can get a couple more fights as an opponent for legit young guys like Pianeta, and he'll be well paid for those fights as well. Legally and without risk. If he loses, those opportunities probably fade. So factor that in.

This isn't some guy who has a day job mowing lawns.

Why would he show up in decent shape for the fight if he was just planning to take a dive? Is he planning to transition into a career as a swim suit model?

Other than that though, I like the theory.
He's 44 his recent record is abysmal and still fighting. I doubt he's flush with cash but who knows.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #29
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

botha gets free tickets to a roosters game if he throws it?
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #30
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Believe it...

The point is, to keep the cash coming in, SBW isn't ever gonan fight a Klit or the likes
I agree mate. Khoder has paid Botha for a nice holiday. Botha is just looking for cash at this stage of his career.

The fix is in

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum