Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default anyone trained to become an abae official?

anyone have experience of this process?

Ive just became affliated with my local boxing club and looking to go through this process. I have no expectations of judging/refereeing world title fights in the near future I just wanna to give something back to the sport and see how well I can progress.

I would be interested in any advice or similar experiences
fantaheed is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: anyone trained to become an abae official?

YOU GO AND PASS THE JUDGING TEST wich shows you the correct procedure, then you trial judge about 10 bouts, YOU THEN GET TO DO IT FOR REAL, but to get to judge a world championship you must follow the unwritten procedure of deciding the winner before the bout.!
dempseys right is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseys right View Post
YOU GO AND PASS THE JUDGING TEST wich shows you the correct procedure, then you trial judge about 10 bouts, YOU THEN GET TO DO IT FOR REAL, but to get to judge a world championship you must follow the unwritten procedure of deciding the winner before the bout.!
you done this like mate?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Well if im wrong, when your an experienced judge, remember dempsey was right.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Well if im wrong, when your an experienced judge, remember dempsey was right.
i applied for crb and registered with local boxing club and they will help me with this and test will be in bout 2 months so gonna keep going to the club and studying rule book to get prepped up
Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
cam2010
Journeyman

try warrior site someone on there will help you out best of luck especially with new rules being introduced
cam2010 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ive seen the test, infact 3 people took it for our club said that they agreed with the scoring etc of the participants,ie everybody on same playing feild. later at shows they were judging and reffing contests to virtualy an incompetant level, like doing what your supposed to on your driving test then driving on the wrong side of the road when your licenced. but hopefully you wont be one of them who favour or listen to rumours and score accordingly, put your ear to the ground and listen to the crap they say about little boys from the travelling comunity, watch the scoring in some of there bouts, im a fury, and ive experinced and seen some of the biggest crap you would see in boxing, i know what they can do mate, and it can be disgracefull.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Celtic Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1050

Scoring in ams is a disgrace.

Blatant robberies are an accepted part of the game. At some shows it truly is a case of needing to knock your opponent out to get a draw.

If you do become a judge please bring some integrity, because it's in short supply.
Celtic Warrior is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2010 View Post
try warrior site someone on there will help you out best of luck especially with new rules being introduced
Thanks for that mate just checked it out and will come in very useful
Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Ive seen the test, infact 3 people took it for our club said that they agreed with the scoring etc of the participants,ie everybody on same playing feild. later at shows they were judging and reffing contests to virtualy an incompetant level, like doing what your supposed to on your driving test then driving on the wrong side of the road when your licenced. but hopefully you wont be one of them who favour or listen to rumours and score accordingly, put your ear to the ground and listen to the crap they say about little boys from the travelling comunity, watch the scoring in some of there bouts, im a fury, and ive experinced and seen some of the biggest crap you would see in boxing, i know what they can do mate, and it can be disgracefull.
What was the test like mate? You think the judges/refs were swayed to perform like this or they wouldn't be given anymore bouts? Shocking to hear but not totally unexpected. I would aim to be as neutral as possible as you could ruin someone's dreams hardwork through dishonesty which would defy the point of doing this
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

Its something that potentially interests me what experience do you have in amateur boxing?
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrimc View Post
Its something that potentially interests me what experience do you have in amateur boxing?
Not much mate I boxed when I was younger 13/14 and been to lot of shows but it really. Went to local gym and they were more than happy to assist in anyway
Old 02-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

To be fair, it doesent happen all the time, but ive seen a ref give a standing count to the boxer who threw the hard punch, ive seen unanimous decisions given to a boxer who landed 1 punch in full fight, though he was hit with at least 20 back hands as well as leads, i myself was told in liverpool if i throw any more bodypunches id be dqed, shit hapens, but that is why it is not on mainstream tv anymore, they have killed the job themselves. nothing is beyond change, and as you say, theres a lot of youngsters who find it hard to lose, but what must it be like to not be allowed to win or succeed? goodluck, you will be a good judge, PLAY IT AS YOU SEE IT.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaheed View Post
Not much mate I boxed when I was younger 13/14 and been to lot of shows but it really. Went to local gym and they were more than happy to assist in anyway
im due for doing my coaches badge soon having done the assistant coach a year ago.i was under the illusion that you have to do these courses before time keeping, judging and refereeing but i may be wrong.
well done on putting something back into the sport, i have nothing but respect for the coaches from all the clubs i knew as a young boxer 30 odd years ago
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpinr View Post
im due for doing my coaches badge soon having done the assistant coach a year ago.i was under the illusion that you have to do these courses before time keeping, judging and refereeing but i may be wrong.
well done on putting something back into the sport, i have nothing but respect for the coaches from all the clubs i knew as a young boxer 30 odd years ago
I spoke to coaches at local clud and the owner is actually regional secretary and he confirmed dont need coaching badges, here is the link below mate if your interested

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum