Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
So it's everyone's fault but Wlad's? How is it Floyd's fault? Arum has kept all his fighters away from him. Funny how it's OK for others though...

****, when Floyd was even WITH Arum, Arum wouldn't let him fight Margarito and Oscar back to back when renewing his contract. Instead Floyd had to leave and end up fighting Baldomir instead, yet somehow it's ALL Mayweather's fault.
I never said anything is 100% Floyd's fault, nor did I say that Wlad was 100% free of blame. Boxing is a nasty business and there's alot of bullshit behind the scenes (especially in the HW division). It's like I always tell my friends who are novice fans - there's "grey area" to every fight; it's not as black and white as it appears on the surface.

I'm just saying that Wlad has way less options, yet tries to make the top fights and gets in the ring 2-3 times a year. With the weakness of the division and unwillingness of the top contenders to face him, there's maybe 1 solid/legit match up a year for Wlad. That means the other 1-2 fights are gonna be tough to make. Then add the fact that he's been splitting the division with his brother (which won't be a problem soon) and it makes those issues even worse. He can't help the era he fights in.

That's why I'm not as critical of guys like Wlad in comparison to Floyd - who calls himself the greatest ever, yet is known more for the bouts he didn't have than the ones he did. I'd rather Wlad fight 3 times a year, even is 2 of those bouts are against the Pianetas of the world, instead of fighting once a year against Povetkin on PPV.

I am tough on Floyd, but that's because Mayweather has made a career of sitting on the sidelines while everybody else fights, then popping in when he feels like it and being very opportunistic with his match making. I rate Floyd as the #1 p4p fighter in the world right now; I'm going to hold him to the highest standard possible. He deserves that.
Montero is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #32
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko_Tech View Post
At least is better than the Oquendo fight, between Oquendo and Solis.

I'd agree with this. Still not a strong defense by Wlad and his last 4 defenses have been the low point of his title run. If he faces Povetkin in the summer than that makes up for a lot.

If he does face Pianeta now and Povetkin in the summer than that gives some of the young guys time to get atleast a fight or two in of their own. With another fight or two under their belts guys like Pulev, Helenius, Price, Mitchell, Boystov, Fury, Solis, etc should be ready to face Wlad late this year and come next year. With an aging Wlad and some good young guys getting ready Wlad's reign might get pretty interesting in a fight or two.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Fighting MORE OF these guys while holding all the belts is complete joke. He would be lucky to get a fight on the undercard.

Haye who has nothing wouldn't fight this guy in a million years.
Deontay Wilder could fight him and he'd still be ridiculed for not stepping up.
Pianeta is 10x better than any of the stiffs Wilder has faced..If Wilder faced somebody like Pianeta it would be a significant leap in competition.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #34
Master Lewis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Wlad vs WHO???
Vs a guy who got a draw vs Sosnowski.

Wlad building his legacy.
Master Lewis is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #35
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9127

wlad needs to fight povetkin now wtf is wrong wit him!!
cippi is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #36
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

who is this Piņata guy is he any good?
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi View Post
wlad needs to fight povetkin now wtf is wrong wit him!!

Povetkin has been ducking him for almost 4 years now. Pulled out of 2 fights with Wlad. What part about that do you not understand?
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #38
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Pianeta is shit, def. not better than Oquendo IMO. Shitty fight if this comes together, not excited about this at all.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #39
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Povetkin has been ducking him for almost 4 years now. Pulled out of 2 fights with Wlad. What part about that do you not understand?
Wlad is ducking Povektin now. Povektins camp want to fight but Wlad wants to fight a stiff instead. That is a fact.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #40
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Who????
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #41
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
I never said anything is 100% Floyd's fault, nor did I say that Wlad was 100% free of blame. Boxing is a nasty business and there's alot of bullshit behind the scenes (especially in the HW division). It's like I always tell my friends who are novice fans - there's "grey area" to every fight; it's not as black and white as it appears on the surface.

I'm just saying that Wlad has way less options, yet tries to make the top fights and gets in the ring 2-3 times a year. With the weakness of the division and unwillingness of the top contenders to face him, there's maybe 1 solid/legit match up a year for Wlad. That means the other 1-2 fights are gonna be tough to make. Then add the fact that he's been splitting the division with his brother (which won't be a problem soon) and it makes those issues even worse. He can't help the era he fights in.

That's why I'm not as critical of guys like Wlad in comparison to Floyd - who calls himself the greatest ever, yet is known more for the bouts he didn't have than the ones he did. I'd rather Wlad fight 3 times a year, even is 2 of those bouts are against the Pianetas of the world, instead of fighting once a year against Povetkin on PPV.

I am tough on Floyd, but that's because Mayweather has made a career of sitting on the sidelines while everybody else fights, then popping in when he feels like it and being very opportunistic with his match making. I rate Floyd as the #1 p4p fighter in the world right now; I'm going to hold him to the highest standard possible. He deserves that.
You still didn't address the reasons why Floyd hasn't fought the guys YOU felt he should have. Like who? Margarito?

The only fight he missed was Cotto that would have done anything for him.

He tried to get the Pac fight but neither wanted to budge to make the fight.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #42
nahkis
Robbed

Can't really blame Wlad for nobody wanting to fight him, but this is still ****ing depressing
nahkis is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #43
Vladimir23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm happy Wlad is staying active instead of waiting for the summer Povetkin fight which isn't guranteed to happen because Povetkin has already ducked Wlad twice.
Vladimir23 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #44
Sugar Nick
He's A Good Boy
ESB Senior Member

Why no Wach rematch? Or Mormeck?

No chance of fighting Bobby Czyz?

So we have Vitali holding the WBC hostage because he chose to have 2 careers and then we have Wladimir fighting his 4th awful opponent in a row.
I don't think you could rape heavyweight boxing any harder than this. Repeatedly.
Sugar Nick is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #45
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544

Considering how few are willing to face Wlad, this is not a bad fight. However, Jennings approached Wlad about a fight and he said no, and Jennings is far better than Pianeta.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum