Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #31
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: F**k it, someone had to say it... Past Boxing Era OVERRATED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
Although i disagree with the tone of the thread and the way it has been made to provoke a negative reaction i cannot help but agree with the notion that too many people view past era's with rose tinted glasses, and that those people should perhaps start enjoying some of the talent we have on display today.
Sorry, I know I am capable of a more civilized discussion. I just like to spice it up a little bit.

And very well put, Dom. I've seen a TON of amazing fights from our current generation and when I look at the top P4P list, it seems to be plagued with these black and white fighters. I mean... damn...... I have never seen a phenomenon like Pacquiao in any of those so called "legends". Same with Mayweather.

IMO, Pac and Mayweather should be in the top 10 of all time in the first 5 spots. Pacquiao 1st, Mayweather 5th.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

All though i think the thread starter has brain aids and has completely put a shit argument up. if he had really thought about this and not mentioned Rios vs Duran saying he would give him hell which is laughable he might of had a good thread..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #33
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Bro are you being sarcastic?? LOOK AT THAT. Tell me Mayweather doesn't beat Leonard. Leonard wouldn't even beat Pacquiao.

In fact, if one day we could time travel, I'd put money on a Prime Cotto to split a decision with Leonard.
naw man, I'm totally serious. I agree with you. Cotto could AT LEAST get a split decision vs Leonard, especially in a 15 round fight
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #34
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post
Imagine if 70's heavyweights had the fitness, diet and access to the advanced training methods that Arreola has benefited from

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
See, you have to resort to a dead division which no one cares about because you can't dispute the argument I'm presenting.

The heavyweight division is a disgrace, everyone knows that. Ali would struggle against a Klitschko though and I think the Klitschkos are overrated.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #35
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
naw man, I'm totally serious. I agree with you. Cotto could AT LEAST get a split decision vs Leonard, especially in a 15 round fight
Prime cotto yes. The current Cotto wouldn't have the stamina for a 15 ROUND fight. Same if I reverse it and throw a Prime Cotto against the Leonard that lost to Camacho (RIP Macho man!).
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post

lol cotto gasses after 9/10 rounds ...15 would kill him stone cold dead against anyone
ko00 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

sugar ray Leonard what a legend, boxers dont come round like that in the modern era...
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
All though i think the thread starter has brain aids and has completely put a shit argument up. if he had really thought about this and not mentioned Rios vs Duran saying he would give him hell which is laughable he might of had a good thread..
Here's the thing with forums nowadays, if you present something in a serious, well articulated manner; it doesn't make an impact. It dies, eventually.

Now if i talk like thiz without commas and Stik my fingers out and type like a troll, it gets teh attention. Fukz it.

^^ Understand the concept? That's how you gotta be to get some reactions and a discussion going online. You need controversy, you need to stir the pot and get everyone animated.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Name me one 147 lbs'er or 154 lbs'er that would come close to beating Thomas Hearns
PowerBack is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Prime cotto yes. The current Cotto wouldn't have the stamina for a 15 ROUND fight. Same if I reverse it and throw a Prime Cotto against the Leonard that lost to Camacho (RIP Macho man!).
yeah I feel you man. I think Pacquiao would have a good shot at Hearns too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko00 View Post
lol cotto gasses after 9/10 rounds ...15 would kill him stone cold dead against anyone
naw man he has these modern day training techniques to insure him making it 15
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #41
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBack View Post
Name me one 147 lbs'er or 154 lbs'er that would come close to beating Thomas Hearns
i think sergio has a good shot at 'Marvelous marvin'

raichu is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko00 View Post
cool for being open to other opinions but these fighters of today were put in a gym most likely at 5/6/7/8 years old and given the right basics from that age to fight back then alot of fighters made their own way into the sport and only then improving when there was a coach with the knowledge to train their talent what im saying is todays fighters have all the head starts they need

im not saying todays fighters are not better because i really dont think you can compare

look at formula one the cars where dogshit in the 50's basically like driving buses where as today they are like rockets...you can have all the talent you want but can only work within the limits of that sport at the time like basketball methods equipment, better balls make alot of difference over a career...imagine a gym in the past eras compared to now targeting specific muscles, reactions, the list goes on

you only have to look at sprinting and how the times have fallen i dont think its humans that have evolved so much just methods to get the best out of a sportsman are so much better
No problem, I am honestly a very nice, open minded individual (with those who act accordingly). Sometimes I like to throw things in a controversial manner to get some reactions and a live debate going.

You make some great points and I can't turn them down, they are valid.

I get you man. However, isn't it unfair then to place those fighters over ours? I think we can come to the conclusion that today's cars and planes are BETTER than the ones constructed in the past. The circumstances were different in both eras and we can still place one over the other. Why is it that it is almost a cardinal sin to place a Pacquiao or Mayweather over those fighters?

Let's say we try to put it on an even field and pretend that they train under todays circumstances and then try to compare them. We would be IMAGINING and ASSUMING what they would be like. SO, how is that fair to today's fighters who HAVE shown us what they can do under these new modern circumstances?

I don't know if you get my point, I hope you get the idea behind it at least.

BUT as far as you and I go, I understand you completely. I am criticizing the boxing society we are part of today and how it works.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #43
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Duran's bane in action:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #44
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 65348

People are wowed by big records. fighters back then do not have a amatuer background and most of them are not even qualify to fight in today's standard.

Fighters back then fight guys on a sparring partner level guys as pro fights which is why they can fight every week.

Some old greats does get exagerrated.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #45
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
i think sergio has a good shot at 'Marvelous marvin'

Yeah, Sergio would ****ing school slow caveman Hagler
PowerBack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum