Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #31
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Shots fired! Donaire belittles Abner Mares

Nonito don't strike me as a man with fear in his heart for any fighter. He seems more of a compitent and confident man and fighter. With the way Mares fights, it's hard to believe that he would trouble the mind of a hard hitting, technical boxing master like Donaire. Matter of fact, it's ludicrous to even speculate on some bullshit like that. I am not impressed with that he say she say shit. I have watched all of his fights since he knocked out Vic and I have listened to his interviews. Fear is not a part of his makeup.
Manfred is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
Galaxy.
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 257

Arum & Donaire didn't even try to negotiate the offer

If they were serious themselves they could have come back with a similar offer or changes to the contract...
Galaxy. is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #33
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
What do you call turning down the biggest payday you have ever had to face a fighter that is obviously superior. Mares is proven. Rigo is not.
But Donaire has hardly turned down the biggest payday of his career if it, the offer, is just a dud. He's contracted with HBO. He can't just jump ship and fight on Showtime against Mares. Things don't work like that, and GBP know it.

But yeah, I too believe Rigo isn't as proven as Mares. However, only a couple of months ago Mares' name was hardly being mentioned for Donaire. All I kept hearing on here was Rigo this and Rigo that. And now that he's looking towards Rigo, it's all of a sudden about Mares now? Don't get me wrong, I dislike Donaire to an extent (I find him annoying) and would be overjoyed to see Mares beat him, but some of the hate he's getting is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Dont get me wrong I would like for Donaire to get rid of Rigo and then finally get on to Mares so there is no doubt who the best FW/Bantamweight is but at the point the fight to make is Mares-Donaire.
I personally don't care who he fights first. Mares would be a nice treat seeing as though that's an impossibility (what with the GBP vs TR thing), but realistically speaking, the only fight we should be getting worked up for is the Rigo one. That's the unfortunate truth. I mean, none of us blame Rios for not fighting the likes of Matthysse or the rest, right? So why should be shit on Donaire for not fighting GBP fighters. It's not his fault this GBP vs. TR beef exists.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker View Post
I think the whole deal with Mares was a bluff, said Donaire. If I agreed, they would keep me hanging without a definite fight. Anyone can offer a $3 Million purse without a commitment. All I know is Ive got a fight on April 13, possibly against Rigondeaux and Ill be training for that. Now, I hear that Victor Terrazas and Cristian Mijares will fight for the WBC title that Mares is giving up in April. I dont think Mares wouldve beaten Terrazas and its not likely Mares will make an impact as a featherweight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

First Darchinyan clowning on Mares, now Donaire.

both Donaire and Darchinyan have made good points about Mares - he low blows a lot and its unlikely he could ever be a great featherweight.

Kind of odd, right, since Arum also made an offer (a low offer nonetheless) without a commiment! So who is ducking who? I think Donaire is trying to backpedal to make it seem to the public that it wasn't him the one that was ducking but Mares.
str1 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
Galaxy.
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 257

If Arum wasn't happy with the contract he should have come back with a 3.1mil offer

Or at least changes to contract that they didn't like
Galaxy. is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #36
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

I can't believe there are still people that thought the $3mill was real. HBO offered TR $3 mill for the whole card. Show ain't gonna give Oscar that, let alone more. Do you guys actually go to other sites and read shit or you just come here and go all stupid fan boy?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #37
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy. View Post
If Arum wasn't happy with the contract he should have come back with a 3.1mil offer

Or at least changes to contract that they didn't like
This. I understand if he doesn't want to waste his time, knowing he and GBP won't do business together.. But just walking away without even sending an offer back leads fans to believe he's the one not negotiating and playing nice. Might not be the case, but people have to realize this is what we see based off the information we have.

First GBP ducked by saying no to $1 million for Mares. Then the $3 million offer was complete bullshit. Then they never received a contract. Then the contract that was sent didn't please TR/Nonito. Now it's the networks the two different fighters fight on that's the reason. ALL of these are coming from Top Rank's side.. To us looking at the situation from the outside it's all pointing to TR not cooperating, or even sending back a counteroffer to show they're trying to work with GBP.

But if Donaire fights Rigo I'm still happy.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #38
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
This. I understand if he doesn't want to waste his time, knowing he and GBP won't do business together.. But just walking away without even sending an offer back leads fans to believe he's the one not negotiating and playing nice. Might not be the case, but people have to realize this is what we see based off the information we have.

First GBP ducked by saying no to $1 million for Mares. Then the $3 million offer was complete bullshit. Then they never received a contract. Then the contract that was sent didn't please TR/Nonito. Now it's the networks the two different fighters fight on that's the reason. ALL of these are coming from Top Rank's side.. To us looking at the situation from the outside it's all pointing to TR not cooperating, or even sending back a counteroffer to show they're trying to work with GBP.

But if Donaire fights Rigo I'm still happy.
The negotiations were ended when GBP pulled their grandstanding stunt. There was nothing left to discuss. They didn't come to terms. It sounds like they COULDN'T because of competing TV contracts. Arum has said a couple times now that one side would get sued no matter which way they went and neither company would put themselves in that position.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum