Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #136
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1208
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

It's certainly not the best of fights although I would have Pianeta at the lower end of my current top 20 HW's. If the Povetkin super fight is guaranteed during the summer I can tolerate this fight. While sparring with Wlad for the Thompson fight the word from the Klitschko camp was that the little known Jarno Rosberg faired much better that camp. Still, sparring's sparring.
Manning is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #137
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
If Fury WERE to become a mandatory, who sets the financial terms THEN?
A purse bid decides upon the financial terms if the two parties can't agree on a purse. So Fury's promoter and K2 could bid for the fight, the belt holder (usually) receiving 75% of the purse while the challenger (Fury) gets 25%.

So whatever Fury's own camp is bidding, he'd always only get 25% of that when he's challenging a reigning champion. If Fury were to become a challenger in a situation where the belt is vacant then he could receive 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
- And if Fury were to become the mandatory challenger, and still said no to the fight, would he suffer an penalty of any kind, either immediately or in the future?
Then he'd lose his mandatory status and the next available contender would receive the opportunity to take Fury's place. See Povetkin's "duck": Sam Peter was asked to take his spot and Peter happily cashed in on the payday.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #138
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfan View Post
The problem does not lie with K2, but with other boxers & their management. K2 was very respectful in their negotiations with us at TEAM KINGPIN when we fought Vitali. But other fighters and their management hear the possibility of fighting a Klitschko, & they try to **** K2 over; (want more money, dictate the negotiations, etc).

I spoke with Tyson Fury on the phone before the KINGPIN-Fury fight, and he said if he ever fought a Klitschko it would be on his terms...!!! Why??? He's a nobody, they are the Champions; they have the right to make offers they feel justifiable to make.

Most heavyweight boxers now-a-days are ****ing around, fighting nobodies, just hoping that the Klitschkos retire instead of fighting them. Its not the Klitschko brothers' fault, its the other boxers in the HW Division...and I'm not even a Klitschko fan per se, but K2 always seems to get the bad press/ bad image when fighters don't want to fight the Klitschko brothers. Its K2 lowballing boxers, when in fact K2 is offering substantially decent money for a great opportunity to fight for a (HW Title).

Good post.

Has Johnson got any fights lined up?
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #139
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Lolll!! His name just reminds me of this! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Haha, I just got really pissed off. It's so damn frustrating being a boxing fan, at the best of times!

I'm not privy to what was discussed between Team Kingpin and K2 Promotions.

But it's irrelevant. Yes, Fury is full of shit at the best of times. And of course, no challenger will have everything on 'their terms'. If K2 make an offer, for a TITLE SHOT, and a challenger feels he can make more money elsewhere, why on earth would he take it?

When you have to make a further 2 re-matches, and even in THOSE fights, the new champion isn't going to make as much money. Some say: Tough luck... Then don't take the shot.

But many of us believe that this kills the division. Haye made over $1.5 Million fighting Chisora. Fury considered rejected 650,000 to fight Price.

Now, if he's going to be making that amount or less fighting a Klitschko, plus a further 2 re-matches at a similar rate, with all terms in favour of K2...

Why on earth would anyone feel the need to rush in?

American and British fighters bring money to the table. Like him or loathe him, but Tyson Fury draws a crowd, and brings something to the table. Take somebody like Haye, and there's a lot more being brought to the table. (Haye got a guaranteed 3 Million fighting Fraudley).

So I wouldn't exactly call it a 'career high' payday for some of the fighters, but it's definitely a 'career high' payday for the likes of Charr, Mormeck (post Cruiserweight Career), Wach and this Placenta dude.

So whilst people may be 'greedy'... If ALL the top challengers are asking for too much, then maybe it's K2 that are offering unfavourable terms?

Regardless though, if I was Champion, especially in such a weak Heavyweight Era, I'd be going out of my way to fight the best possible. Even if it meant paying them a little over the odds, and sticking to only a single re-match clause.
He doesn't actually. He struggles to sell half the tickets in smallish arenas. This was the main reason why he fought Rogan in Belfast. Didn't just want to beat him but also take on his fan base. He's previous fight in Belfast against Firtha in a much smaller arena was half full at best. By all accounts so was his last fight there, only sold a tiny ammount of tickets when he fought Johnson.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 AM   #140
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
He doesn't actually. He struggles to sell half the tickets in smallish arenas. This was the main reason why he fought Rogan in Belfast. Didn't just want to beat him but also take on his fan base. He's previous fight in Belfast against Firtha in a much smaller arena was half full at best. By all accounts so was his last fight there, only sold a tiny ammount of tickets when he fought Johnson.
His next fight is in Madison Mquare Garden hollow brain. Who was the last HW to fight there? The most prestigious home of HW boxing.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #141
Derrick_Rose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Iron Chin View Post
This Pianeta guy means business. He easily destroyed legends Botha and McCall. He's a dark horse in this fight.
Pianeta beat McCall

McCall beat Lewis

Lewis beat Tyson

Tyson beat Larry Holmes

Larry Holmes beat Muhammad Ali

Pianeta GOAT!
Derrick_Rose is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #142
Derrick_Rose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
His next fight is in Madison Mquare Garden hollow brain. Who was the last HW to fight there? The most prestigious home of HW boxing.
Actually his fight will be at the shitty theatre of MSG. Not the real arena!
Derrick_Rose is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #143
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 201

I don't really mind this fight. Wlad will probably fight Povetkin or pulev this summer anyways, solid defense like it or not.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #144
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Lets see if he can fill it though. It's a whole new market he's going at but you'd fancy his chances going with the Orish angle at St Paddy's day. Hopefully he does and makes a statement in the fight.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #145
boubacar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wow, what a mess. This opponent is even worse than Wach. As a german i've seen Pianeta plenty of times, and there's no way, absolutely no way he'll be ready for this fight. Don't buy the marketing shit that is going to come up very soon.

Well, at least from a marketing point of view it's a somewhat reasonable choice: Pianeta lives in the extremely crowded and well-known Ruhr area, is a big and (luckily!) unbeaten guy, who successfully fought cancer, so maybe that are the reasons why he's awarded the contract.
boubacar is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #146
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_Rose View Post
Actually his fight will be at the shitty theatre of MSG. Not the real arena!
He's in the door isn't he, the first in 5 years, and he has only had 20 fights. Wlad had never stepped outside Europe in 20 fights let alone Headline MSG.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #147
speck
Milky Way Resident
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Good enough for me, will be watching.
speck is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #148
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
He's in the door isn't he, the first in 5 years, and he has only had 20 fights. Wlad had never stepped outside Europe in 20 fights let alone Headline MSG.
The MSG theater holds 5,000. Its good for Tyson at this stage of his career but you're blowing it out of proportion.

Wlad Klitschko at age 25 fought Charles Shufford in Vegas in front of 12,000, just to give you an idea how silly you look.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #149
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
The MSG theater holds 5,000. Its good for Tyson at this stage of his career but you're blowing it out of proportion.

Wlad Klitschko at age 25 fought Charles Shufford in Vegas in front of 12,000, just to give you an idea how silly you look.
That was his 37th fight against a nobody. This is Furys 20th fight. You clown your ownself everytime you respond to me.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #150
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

The winner of Scott vs Glaskov should be added to the list of potentials after Potvetkin.

That win alone is more than Pianeta has done.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum