Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Broner - Justified hype or way overboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddycool View Post
Not thread-highjacking or anything, but what kind of fighter gives him a hard time? Anyone imparticular?
Someone with quick feet and good lateral movement, range and a bit of pop to gain respect
icemax is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Somewhere in between, he's very good but not enough to justify the hype
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
brownshell
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Over hyped? Please Saul Alverez is over hyped. Boner looks much more talented than Alverez and yet Alverez is hyped as the next Superstar of boxing. American boxing has been geared to lure in the Latino's. So now many other fighters are underrated.
brownshell is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Ive seen him fight a couple of times and although he looks good Im not convinced he is as good as some people are making out. I said at the end of last year that I thought he would lose at some point in 2013 and I stand by that.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
birdhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hard to say. He does look like Floyd with a little more "pop" Heck, Pacquiao was "way overboard!"
birdhead is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
It's hard to know how to rate him. He's fought two good opponents, DeMarco and Ponce De Leon, and looked impressive against one and got a gift against the other. Was DeMarco perfect for Broner or is it a sign he's improved? Was Ponce De Leon just a very bad styles match up or was that the sign of real limitation? I don't know, honestly.

He looks good, and has all the right attributes, but my skepticism is related to his ability once he starts getting hit back. I thought he looked poor against Quintero and poor against De Leon, so there is definitely reason for concern against opponents who dish it back.
People were saying DeMarco had a similar style to PDL. He fought very silly though that night. Ponce is a smarter fighter than ADM which is why he looked so much worse against him.
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
I think he's a solid fighter, but the way people are going on they're making him out to be the future greatest of all time. I'd like other people's opinions because I'm honestly seeing another Lacy type fighter who believes the hype and gets destroyed.
To be perrectly honest Ive never heard anyone say Broner is anything but hype, when people talk about a fighter and continiously say he's a hype job, is that actually hype???
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

I haven't heard anyone saying he's the 'future greatest of all time'. It's not hype, it's momentum. His performances talk. Doesn't matter if his opponent is sub-par, his talent and skill is obvious.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #24
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Just my opinion but I would take him over Burns, Vazquez, Khan, Garcia, Matthysse and Peterson. Once he goes to 147lbs he will lose.
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #25
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownshell View Post
Over hyped? Please Saul Alverez is over hyped. Boner looks much more talented than Alverez and yet Alverez is hyped as the next Superstar of boxing. American boxing has been geared to lure in the Latino's. So now many other fighters are underrated.

no he isn't, Alvarez is twenty times more talented than Broner on his best day
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #26
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
IMO Mayweathers footwork is an illusion. He is just that good. They dont actually move that much in a fight. Its short steps with the forward thinking that eventually you will walk the opponent down and back them up. The backfoot fighter putting the front foot fighter on the back foot.

If you watch the Gatti fight/or maybe it was the Corrales fight? You'll see how Mayweather expertly uses upper body movement and leans from angles to throw combinations to head and body without moving anywhere in the ring.

They dont need to move their feet like most. Its a different style. They create openings with upper body movement and setting traps.

Whenever I watch Broner or Mayweather they look so stiff legged, but when you watch them up top, you'll see exactly why they can be like that. They need to plant their feet to generate such deceiving power on counters, and also to make their opponents punches miss. Mayweather's trademark "pull-counter" is all about upper-body movement, nout to do with the legs, they are stationary and locked in position, they have to be in order to pull the move of, lure the punch in and fool the opponent.

You reach. I teach. Fighting these two must be a nightmare, you think you've got it, and then they take it all away! They take the piss so much, you must feel demoralized at the end of a fight. Mentally and physically.

Masters of the craft.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

watch the in and out footwork here, watch how he actually measures the distance, he doesn't just stand there and shoulder roll
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #27
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

He's 23 going on 30.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #28
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

The criticism of Broner seems to come from the PDL fight. Personally I think the fact he has looked so impressive since tells you how much he learned from that night.I mean god forbid a prospect isn't perfect in his climb to the top? He'll whip Burns when they meet imo.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

There's justified hype from his last couple performances. He's looked devastating as a total package in the last couple. But, the rating that Giampa gave him in Ring? That was pathetic and completely unjustified at this point.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #30
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

37secs for a punch .Slick black and what a f----g counter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
almsn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum