Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Whos afraid to step up?
Derrik is saying Klychko should be stripped as if he's sitting with the belts refusing to give worthy contenders oppertunities.

Haye for a couple years
Povetkin 2x
Helenius before the Chisora loss turned him down
Boytsov has turned him down
Arreola 2x in 2012 turned him down
Fury said wasn't ready and is now saying he will never fight him
Pulev said he wasnt ready
Price said wont be ready until at least 2014

You have guys who arent quite ready like Jennings, Glazkov, Mago or guys who arguably are but dont want to challenge yet. Situation has been frustrating the last year or two but its a transitional period, cant be helped. People who act as though hes refusing worthy opponents need to refrain from letting their Klychko hatred make them say retarded shit like "he should be stripped"

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
He has been using that excuse for 2 years now. He has not fought nothing but tomato cans since his fight with Haye. Time to come up with a new excuse. The problem is Wlad does not want to risk getting hit. Never seen a heavyweight champion fight this many set up fights in a row. And him fighting Povetkin next is a easy fight too. Wlad is making the the titles worthless.
lol Go ahead and list me the plethora of dangerous opponents that Klycho is scared of and has been ducking the last 2 years.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #167
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

To be fair, no champion in the divisions history has fought 4 shit names in a row, the best of whom was a man he'd already beaten.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #168
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Yeah, I liked Solis too.

To be fair though Chef, I don't see how this Placenta dude is the 'best challenge' out there.

Fury would take the fight if he was offered enough money, And I wasen't privy to the conversations with Solis' Management/Promoters.

But It DOES seem to be excuse after excuse for Klitschko's Opponents.

Mormeck - Keep Busy.

It was clear he had to fight Thompson next, and so there was no need for a dude like Mormeck getting a title fight.

Thompson - Mandatory

Ok, not Wlad's fault. But the fight above, and the fight below, ARE down to him. So if you're going to fight a shit mandatory... Why not make your other fights half decent?

Wach - A 'good' keep busy fight.

Just because he lasted the distance, and caught Wlad once, he got kudos for it. Then it turned out he was on steroids.

Now after this, We're getting this Placenta Mother****er?

That's FOUR sub-standard fights in a row.

If Tyson Fury is mouthing off, then why doesn't Wlad fight him? He stated he won't fight either Klitschko's for 10 Million - Clearly highlighting that he feels he's been messed around, and he doesn't want the hassle with negotiations.

I don't know if it's true or not, but simply put, why not just put an offer on the table. Make it a big one. With ONE re-match clause. And make as much of it open to the public as possible. (Bearing in mind COmmercial Confidentiality etc). Maybe then we'll know whether or not people are being offered shit contracts, or they genuinely don't want to fight.

Because this is 4 shit fights in a row now. And quite frankly, it's inexcusable. I'd rather see Chisora have another shot, or Wlad fast track one of the dudes in the eliminators.
I agree with you. And I'm also starting to think Wlad is offering shitty contracts to get out of risky fights. There has just been to many boxers that tried to deal with Wlad that said he offers shitty contracts. Wlad is a very greedy man. He is just in it for the money.
derrick is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #169
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Derrik is saying Klychko should be stripped as if he's sitting with the belts refusing to give worthy contenders oppertunities.

Haye for a couple years
Povetkin 2x
Helenius before the Chisora loss turned him down
Boytsov has turned him down
Arreola 2x in 2012 turned him down
Fury said wasn't ready and is now saying he will never fight him
Pulev said he wasnt ready
Price said wont be ready until at least 2014

You have guys who arent quite ready like Jennings, Glazkov, Mago or guys who arguably are but dont want to challenge yet. Situation has been frustrating the last year or two but its a transitional period, cant be helped. People who act as though hes refusing worthy opponents need to refrain from letting their Klychko hatred make them say retarded shit like "he should be stripped"

lol Go ahead and list the plethora of dangerous opponents that Klycho is scared of and has been ducking the last 2 years.
Povektin should be next. They want it and waiting till the summer shouldn't be an excuse after the last 3 outings. When thats wraped up a big fight with Pulev can be made , he has said he is ready once he gets past Adamek. Then he has the right to make a shitty defence for the cash. There's no excuse for what he is doing now.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #170
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
solis was close until Promoter issues (don K).. Oquendo was NEVER in... we have all been laughing at team Oquendo making claims they were close to a deal. Deal with who?

Povetkin will happen this summer
This

I've been trying to tell 'em Chef. Wlad can't help the era he fights in; he's trying to stay busy and face the best available/willing opponents in between legit top contenders like Haye, Povetkin, etc.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #171
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
I agree with you. And I'm also starting to think Wlad is offering shitty contracts to get out of risky fights. There has just been to many boxers that tried to deal with Wlad that said he offers shitty contracts. Wlad is a very greedy man. He is just in it for the money.
Dude, you hate on Wlad too much.

Let it go man.. Just let it go...
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #172
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Povektin should be next. They want it and waiting till the summer shouldn't be an excuse after the last 3 outings. When thats wraped up a big fight with Pulev can be made , he has said he is ready once he gets past Adamek. Then he has the right to make a shitty defence for the cash. There's no excuse for what he is doing now.
I agree with you on this he should be fighting Povetkin right now instead. I dont know if it was the TV network dispute, wanting to have it in the summer for a outdoor stadium or both but neither is acceptable especially considering the last 3 weak opponents. I dont see how rival networks can dictate a fight not happening especially when its Champion vs Challenger and a purse bid should resolve any of those disputes, no?

If he purposely delayed for some summer stadium business motive than his priorites aren't right and advisors like Boente need to take a ****ing back seat if thats what is steering the decision. Quality opponents should be his biggest priority, not warmer weather and a few more seats.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #173
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Quote:
I agree with you on this he should be fighting Povetkin right now instead. I dont know if it was the TV network dispute, wanting to have it in the summer for a outdoor stadium or both but neither is acceptable especially considering the last 3 weak opponents. I dont see how rival networks can dictate a fight not happening especially when its Champion vs Challenger and a purse bid should resolve any of those disputes, no?

If he purposely delayed for some summer stadium business motive than his priorites aren't right and advisors like Boente need to take a ****ing back seat if thats what is steering the decision.
I 100% agree with you.

He should've either fought Povetkin, or given us an interim opponent we would have looked forward to see.

Not ****ing Placenta.
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #174
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

More food for though...

For all of you saying Wlad should just give Tyson Fury the $10M to make that fight, check this out - Floyd Mayweather just told Robert Guerrero to **** off because he wanted $4M; instead he wants to pay out only $2.5M (Cotto was an exception).

Floyd regularly makes over $40M for a fight, then pays out less than 10% of that to his opponent. K2 gets nowhere near that much money and pays out a much larger percentage of the purse to the opponent. All these HW contenders who won't get in the ring with the champ are just bitching out. Compared to other elite level champions, K2 pays their opponents pretty well.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #175
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
To be fair, no champion in the divisions history has fought 4 shit names in a row, the best of whom was a man he'd already beaten.
Ruiz, Beck, Barrett and McCline spring to mind.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #176
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Ruiz, Beck, Barrett and McCline spring to mind.
Noone seriously considers valuev to be a true hw champion, but even that includes a run against 3 ranked contenders and a mando. It's a better run than jmm, thompson, wach and pianeta.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #177
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:

If he purposely delayed for some summer stadium business motive than his priorites aren't right and advisors like Boente need to take a ****ing back seat if thats what is steering the decision. Quality opponents should be his biggest priority, not warmer weather and a few more seats.
Im pretty sure Boenty is running the show. Look at the scale of the shows they put on, why change if its succesful and why step up if you're selling out everytime with the poor level of opposition. Boente refused a co-promotion with GB recently claiming they do their own huge shows in Germany and dont need anybody else.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #178
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I'd have to look but I wouldn't be shocked if Joe Louis or Jack Johnson did. There were a lot of weak defenses in their title reigns.
BOGART is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #179
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Learn your boxing history. This has been done several times throughout the history of the sport. There are lulls during transitional periods. After the shitty transitional period, things heat up for a while, then it all goes to shit again and the cycle repeats.

The past couple years has been shitty, but by the end of 2013 Vitali will be retired. From 2014-2016 we'll see Wlad fight for the WBC (which will probably be handed to Chris Arreola) and face fresh new contenders like Pulev, Price, Fury, Wilder and Jennings. Maybe Seth Mitchell improves and climbs the ladder? There's another one. Maybe Malik Scott finally lives up to his potential? There's another one. Chisora comes back strong? Another one. The division is heating up and actually getting (can't believe I'm saying this) interesting!

Bottom line is that we ALL agree Pianeta is a shit opponent, we ALL agree that Wlad's last few opponents have been weak, but he's doing the best he can with the current crop of ready, WILLING and available contenders. Things WILL get better over the next couple years.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #180
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
I'd have to look but I wouldn't be shocked if Joe Louis or Jack Johnson did. There were a lot of weak defenses in their title reigns.
No way did Louis fight 4 guys in a row with the highest ranking being 10. Not a chance.

Johnson may well have done though, I too would have to check.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum