Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #181
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfan View Post
The problem does not lie with K2, but with other boxers & their management. K2 was very respectful in their negotiations with us at TEAM KINGPIN when we fought Vitali. But other fighters and their management hear the possibility of fighting a Klitschko, & they try to **** K2 over; (want more money, dictate the negotiations, etc).

I spoke with Tyson Fury on the phone before the KINGPIN-Fury fight, and he said if he ever fought a Klitschko it would be on his terms...!!! Why??? He's a nobody, they are the Champions; they have the right to make offers they feel justifiable to make.

Most heavyweight boxers now-a-days are ****ing around, fighting nobodies, just hoping that the Klitschkos retire instead of fighting them. Its not the Klitschko brothers' fault, its the other boxers in the HW Division...and I'm not even a Klitschko fan per se, but K2 always seems to get the bad press/ bad image when fighters don't want to fight the Klitschko brothers. Its K2 lowballing boxers, when in fact K2 is offering substantially decent money for a great opportunity to fight for a (HW Title).
CHEF is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #182
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
I disagree. This fight will not be forgiven. Povetkin is a tomato can also.

so really what you are saying is that not matter who wlad fights, they are a "tomato can" and "wlad should be stripped"

so Mr. Derrick.... who should Wlad fight then? and dont start with Vitali
CHEF is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #183
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
This

I've been trying to tell 'em Chef. Wlad can't help the era he fights in; he's trying to stay busy and face the best available/willing opponents in between legit top contenders like Haye, Povetkin, etc.
I know bro, I know

I just love how guys think its just "no problem getting a fight"... just offer them the world to get it..... its not that simple.

then you get a guy like fury who states... "i will fight them on my terms" .....Really?..Why?,,, its a VOLUNTARY fight and the brothers are the CHAMPIONS...

beat them Tyson, and you can call the shots after that when you fight VOLUNTARIES.... until then, STFU and take the chance given to you... and that goes for all the dogs barking
CHEF is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #184
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
I agree with you on this he should be fighting Povetkin right now instead. I dont know if it was the TV network dispute, wanting to have it in the summer for a outdoor stadium or both but neither is acceptable especially considering the last 3 weak opponents. I dont see how rival networks can dictate a fight not happening especially when its Champion vs Challenger and a purse bid should resolve any of those disputes, no?

If he purposely delayed for some summer stadium business motive than his priorites aren't right and advisors like Boente need to take a ****ing back seat if thats what is steering the decision. Quality opponents should be his biggest priority, not warmer weather and a few more seats.
Its purse bid. Povetkins team wants purse bid... then the winner has 90 days to but the fight on. The fight could end up in june/july anyways.... why not PUT IT in june july and let the guys stay busy and fight in early 2013

Povetkin can have a fight as well. Why should wlad sit on his ass from november to june waiting for Povetkin
CHEF is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #185
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
No way did Louis fight 4 guys in a row with the highest ranking being 10. Not a chance.

Johnson may well have done though, I too would have to check.

Louis had one streak where he fought Godoy, McCoy, Burman, and Dorazio. I don't know where they were rated at the time and I wouldn't be shocked if Godoy or even Dorazio were top 10 at the time since the division was horrible at the time but I'd probably take Wlad's current, and poor, 4 fight title streak over Louis's.

As for Johnson, I haven't looked but I know his entire title run was bad and guys like Wach and Pianetta would look good compared to some of the guys he was defending against.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #186
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Be straight Chef. Wlad wanted another voluntary before even negotiating with Povektin.
Purse bids would of been finalized back in Jan if it were not for this useless defence.
Boenty has qouted he didn't want the fight last summer either.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #187
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1043

is this definitely Wlads opponent next?????????

or is Wlad still negotiating for his next opponent?????????????/
kh80290z is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #188
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Be straight Chef. Wlad wanted another voluntary before even negotiating with Povektin.
Purse bids would of been finalized back in Jan if it were not for this useless defence.
Boenty has qouted he didn't want the fight last summer either.
WRONG. Contract was to be finalized by end of FEB. Team Povetkin said "we want purse bid" from day 1... thats end of feb/march... then the winner has 90 days to put on the fight... that could be May/june

thats when wlad said ...."lets make the fight in the summer and I want a fight now"... why should wlad sit on his ass from Nov to may/June because Povetkin wants a purse bid?

plus the fact that Team povetkin has pulled out twice before... if the fight was not put together in 90 days, then the 2nd highest purse gets another 90 days. now you are talking Aug/Sept

Team klitschko wants the fight this summer and it gives time for all the crap to be worked out... in that time..BOTH fighters can fight.... I dont understand what the big ****ing issue is
CHEF is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #189
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I got a feeling the fight with povetkin wont materialize by summer, Wlad will probably win in April, then there will be delays for povetkin fight, Wlad will probably become injured or say he needs time to recover, ive just got a bad feeling, from listening to Wlad lately it seems as though he doesn't want to fight Povetkin, and Povetkin team want to do all they can to make the fight happen.

Last time it was suppose to go to purse bids, then through delays the fight didnt happen, last time Povetkin didn't want the fight, now its Wlad.
kh80290z is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #190
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I definitely will not be watching if he fights this guy.
kh80290z is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #191
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh80290z View Post
Last time it was suppose to go to purse bids, then through delays the fight didnt happen, last time Povetkin didn't want the fight, now its Wlad.
Well then Wlad gets stripped and that's the end of the story. I don't think it will get to that, Wlad worked hard to get that WBA strap and now won't just toss it in the bin for nothing.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #192
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Learn your boxing history. This has been done several times throughout the history of the sport. There are lulls during transitional periods. After the shitty transitional period, things heat up for a while, then it all goes to shit again and the cycle repeats.

The past couple years has been shitty, but by the end of 2013 Vitali will be retired. From 2014-2016 we'll see Wlad fight for the WBC (which will probably be handed to Chris Arreola) and face fresh new contenders like Pulev, Price, Fury, Wilder and Jennings. Maybe Seth Mitchell improves and climbs the ladder? There's another one. Maybe Malik Scott finally lives up to his potential? There's another one. Chisora comes back strong? Another one. The division is heating up and actually getting (can't believe I'm saying this) interesting!

Bottom line is that we ALL agree Pianeta is a shit opponent, we ALL agree that Wlad's last few opponents have been weak, but he's doing the best he can with the current crop of ready, WILLING and available contenders. Things WILL get better over the next couple years.
You don't have to be blindfully faithful to your hero mate. I consider Wlad one of the greatest in history, doesn't mean I can't see this run for what it is - the shittest run in hw championship history.

Which champ (proper champ not paper champ) can rival it?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #193
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
Louis had one streak where he fought Godoy, McCoy, Burman, and Dorazio. I don't know where they were rated at the time and I wouldn't be shocked if Godoy or even Dorazio were top 10 at the time since the division was horrible at the time but I'd probably take Wlad's current, and poor, 4 fight title streak over Louis's.

As for Johnson, I haven't looked but I know his entire title run was bad and guys like Wach and Pianetta would look good compared to some of the guys he was defending against.
Exactly that's the point, you dont know where they were rated. Do some research before making that claim.

Keep a man within the context of his era wlad has 4 times fought a man outside his best available opposition.

It's ridiculous.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #194
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Which champ (proper champ not paper champ) can rival it?
Patterson, Louis, Holmes.

Not defending Wlad's recent run of opponents, it's crap. I just disagree with popular hyperboles such as "worst string of defeses ever" or "weakest era ever" etc.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #195
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Exactly that's the point, you dont know where they were rated. Do some research before making that claim.

Keep a man within the context of his era wlad has 4 times fought a man outside his best available opposition.

It's ridiculous.

Not being able to say where they were rated off the top of my head doesn't mean I haven't done my research. Thats a juvenile way of thinking.

Not all top 10 fighters are created equal and the guys Louis fought in that one 4 fight stretch were probably worse than Wlad's regardless of where they were rated.

Wlad could never get away with fighting guys like Burman and McCoy and I'd take someone like Wach or Thompson over them all day regardless of where they were/are rated.
BOGART is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum