Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121
Default Re: did JMM intentionally get hit...

Nah. Manny was on that night.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY View Post
Yes. The knock down was weak as hell. Pac stepped on Jimmy's toes and landed a lucky punch
Not to mention that the flurry that was so called cut caused by Manny was caused by a headbutt

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pay attention to 21:47-21:49 clear headbutt then blood

But but but Manny was dominating him and JMM beaten into a bloody pulp was ready to go[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pac Fan Boys lucky I haven't been able to make gifs for whatever reason recently, I see them coming out of the woodwork trying to put their spin on the ko lately
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
How did that even answer my question. How was JMM's gameplan in the 4th fight any different then the first 3? He did the same exact thing. The difference is the shots he hit Manny with this time hurt him a lot more.
IF you didn't see Juan's gameplan in the 4th fight maybe you need to stop watching Manny & pay attention to "the other guy".

Last edited by Hatesrats; 02-08-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Marquez meant to get hit with these

Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

I don't think JMM purposefully let himself be hit, but he was obviously more willing to be hit in order to land the shots he wanted to land. That, and Pac looked a helluva lot sharper than he did in III.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
How did that even answer my question. How was JMM's gameplan in the 4th fight any different then the first 3? He did the same exact thing. The difference is the shots he hit Manny with this time hurt him a lot more.
its clear as a bell the difference, in fight 3 Juan still believed boxing would be enough to do the trick. in fight 4, Juan wasnt moving around as much which allowed Manny to look good in spots but its also what put Manny on his ass and had his wife and promoter shook while his fans overloaded the local suicide hotlines
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
its clear as a bell the difference, in fight 3 Juan still believed boxing would be enough to do the trick. in fight 4, Juan wasnt moving around as much which allowed Manny to look good in spots but its also what put Manny on his ass and had his wife and promoter shook while his fans overloaded the local suicide hotlines
If you read all of Juan's assessment of the fight, he says he was boxing smart, using intelligence - essentially the same thing he's done in the past. No where has he said that he was 'taking more chances' or allowing Manny to get off more then usual. In fact he's given Pacquiao credit for doing good in the fight - read his recent analysis on ESPN.

What your doing is trying to take any credit away from Pacquiao. Your guy won, be happy , but it was a highly competitive fight - one that he was losing up until the end.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yes he intentionally got knocked down, wobbled, and had his nose broken on purpose.
^^^^^
prelude is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #24
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
If you read all of Juan's assessment of the fight, he says he was boxing smart, using intelligence - essentially the same thing he's done in the past. No where has he said that he was 'taking more chances' or allowing Manny to get off more then usual. In fact he's given Pacquiao credit for doing good in the fight - read his recent analysis on ESPN.

What your doing is trying to take any credit away from Pacquiao. Your guy won, be happy , but it was a highly competitive fight - one that he was losing up until the end.
Losing by what a single point? get the **** out of here with this garbage, Juan said going in, he had to do something different which he did he sat down on his shots more took more risk and the gamble paid off.

I am happy he won, he deserved to have an ending like that. Pac was doing good in the fight nobody said he wasnt Manny started allot quicker as soon as that bell rang he met Juan in the middle of the ring and did not wait he started to get that jab going right away.

However the whole Manny was winning, that too is up for debate but seriously you saying Manny was winning up until the end or Juan was losing come be serious a single point does mean shit, and if you score that sixth well who was winning... I mean the end means up to the ref waves it off, meaning Juan had two 10-8 rounds
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
mgdb26
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3528

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
...to sucker Pac?
ESPN just did an interview with Marquez where the watched the fight and he broke it down. Here is what he had to say about the KO:

Quote:
Sanchez: You practiced that counterpunch a lot. Many people think it was a lucky punch. How did you decide that it was the right moment to throw it?

Marquez: We were waiting for the right moment. Manny Pacquiao always makes a fake move that I know too well. He fakes a charge forward and then looks like he is going to follow with a one-two. That's a common fake he has. What I do is, I wait for the moment, he fakes the punch ... that one-two. Then I go for his right hand as he throws it as a jab -- I go toward his right hand. He comes forward with all his weight, and that's why the fall becomes more forceful and spectacular -- because he is coming straight to me and I make my body twist and turn, and the right hand wasn't in a straight position. I believe that this movement made the hand even stronger. ... The clash of two body masses full-on makes the punch even stronger.

Sanchez: You didn't even have the chance to finish that punch; you were left hanging in the middle. If you had stretched out your hand, the punch would have been much more violent.

Marquez: He didn't give me the chance to stretch out my arm because he was charging forward. That's what helped me finish the fight by KO, and it helped make the punch even stronger -- because he was charging forward. I seized that opportunity, because after three fights I know that any changes made by the other fighter, however slight, are very important. That's why we worked on that, waiting for him to make that fake move that I know so well. And when he made that move right then, I wait for his jab and then I jump right into his punch, and that's how I did it. A strong punch. A very strong punch, which wasn't completely straight; it was sort of between a straight right and a hook. That made it even stronger.
mgdb26 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Hows that any different from the first 3 fights?

He realized he needed to KO Pac to get the victory and leave it for the judges..
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #27
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

I don't think so, but he surely had to put himself more at risk to land with the power and authority he wanted. Pac was fully motivated that night and gave it his all. JMM knew outboxing Pac wouldn't guarantee him a win, so he outboxed him with the intent of landing hard counters. Still boxed smart, but put an emphasis on power counters looking for a KO instead of tagging Pac and avoiding damage.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Marquez took some big shots early, realized he could take them, and stood in the pocket waiting for his chance.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdb26 View Post
ESPN just did an interview with Marquez where the watched the fight and he broke it down. Here is what he had to say about the KO:
Thanks for that JMM insight, m
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum