Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #241
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
You're completely missing the point mate.

I know your Point, im just pointing out I Dont Agree with or Follow that Logic...
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #242
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
I know your Point, im just pointing out I Dont Agree with or Follow that Logic...
Wlad is being rightly criticised for this 4 fight run.

Johnson was expected by everyone to take on Jeffries. The two situations are polls apart and absolutely cannot and should not be prepared
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #243
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: אין אַ הייל
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 1877
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

awful fight

disgraceful
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #244
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Johnson was expected by everyone to take on Jeffries. The two situations are polls apart and absolutely cannot and should not be prepared
And ill im saying is that the fight should be called Exactly what it was....a title defense vs and inactive, and out of shape fighter...regardless how much people wanted to see it, does not change the facts about where Jeffries was in his career...
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #245
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
And ill im saying is that the fight should be called Exactly what it was....a title defense vs and inactive, and out of shape fighter...regardless how much people wanted to see it, does not change the facts about where Jeffries was in his career...
It still doesn't matter. You are arguing a different point to me.

I'll repeat again, comparing the defence against Jeffries with the defence against pianeta is ridiculous.

If your reply isn't gonna address that point then don't bother.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #246
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Chef,

I do have one issue. I am a huge wladimir klitschko fan, but is Pianeta really the best opponent he could find? I mean this guy has zero chance against Wladimir. He is not even a threat of any sort. He fought to a draw with albert "the bum" sosnowski. Pianeta isn't fat, doesn't have skills, can't punch, and can't take a punch.

I would rather see Robert Helenius get a voluntary. At least that dude can hit really hard.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #247
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
At least that dude can hit really hard.
Thats a reason not to fight for Wlad.

He hates risk.

He is KILLING the sport for his own personal greed. Shameless goon.
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #248
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

dupe
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #249
FeldMunster
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 227
vCash: 1310
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
It still doesn't matter. You are arguing a different point to me.

I'll repeat again, comparing the defence against Jeffries with the defence against pianeta is ridiculous.

If your reply isn't gonna address that point then don't bother.
So let me get this straight, you are defending Johnson's fight against Jeffries because there was overwhelming demand for the fight, disregarding the actual quality of the defense itself? Doesn't that seem a little like a WWE PPV?

Pianeta is a 28 year old, undefeated, 6' 5", southpaw. Is he the best possible opponent?, certainly not, I would prefer Pulev, Helenius, or Boytsov, but he is perfectly reasonable for Klitschko to defend against.
FeldMunster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #250
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Reasonable? based on what height? He is one inch bigger than me - can I have a pay day?

Boxing is a fkin piss take cash cow at times.

anyone who pays money for this is a fool - if it was in my garden i wouldnt move bother to watch it.
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #251
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeldMunster View Post
So let me get this straight, you are defending Johnson's fight against Jeffries because there was overwhelming demand for the fight, disregarding the actual quality of the defense itself? Doesn't that seem a little like a WWE PPV?

Pianeta is a 28 year old, undefeated, 6' 5", southpaw. Is he the best possible opponent?, certainly not, I would prefer Pulev, Helenius, or Boytsov, but he is perfectly reasonable for Klitschko to defend against.
I'm going beyond that. I'm saying it doesn't even need defending. Johnson would have been crucified had he not took the Jeffries fight.

I just rate wlad higher than you do because I see pianeta as his worst opponent in about a decade.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #252
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Worse than the last 3? Thats pretty fkin bad.

I didnt think it was possible to get worse. I was wrong.
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #253
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ohio
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
That's the point the equivalent of that stretch today is wlad fighting helenius, fury, pulev and povetkin. 2 fringe guys 2 top five guys.

That's also the exact names people have been begging wlad to fight instead of wach and pianeta.

So yes, for you to list those names as a comparison indicates a huge lack of research.

Just because Wlad should be fighting guys like Povetkin, Pulev, and Helenius doesn't make his last 4 opponents worse than the 4 I listed of Louis's.

Wach, Thompson,JMM and Pianetta is a weak crop of fighters for Wlad but they are a better collection than McCoy, Burman, Dorazio, and Godoy. Just because some of Louis's were higher rated than Wlad's doesn't make them better fighters.

Those guys came in with 50+ losses between them and a number of those at the hands of journeymen. If those guys were ranked at the time Louis fought them than that simply says how poor the division was at the time.

If you want to say Wlad should be fighting better fighters and is on a weak, current, runI'd agree. If you say his streak of 4 non-top 10 fighters(Thompson may have been) is rare if not a first for a heavyweight champ I'd agree. But you said no champ has had a worse 4 streak run than Wlad's last 4 and thats not the case.
BOGART is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #254
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
Just because Wlad should be fighting guys like Povetkin, Pulev, and Helenius doesn't make his last 4 opponents worse than the 4 I listed of Louis's.

Wach, Thompson,JMM and Pianetta is a weak crop of fighters for Wlad but they are a better collection than McCoy, Burman, Dorazio, and Godoy. Just because some of Louis's were higher rated than Wlad's doesn't make them better fighters.

Those guys came in with 50+ losses between them and a number of those at the hands of journeymen. If those guys were ranked at the time Louis fought them than that simply says how poor the division was at the time.

If you want to say Wlad should be fighting better fighters and is on a weak, current, runI'd agree. If you say his streak of 4 non-top 10 fighters(Thompson may have been) is rare if not a first for a heavyweight champ I'd agree. But you said no champ has had a worse 4 streak run than Wlad's last 4 and thats not the case.
It doesn't necessarily make Louis 's opponents better but it does make run better he's actually facing his ranked opponents whereas Wlad isn't doing.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #255
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Dude, you hate on Wlad too much.

Let it go man.. Just let it go...
Seriously, Derrick looks dumber with each and every post. Kinda sad actually, that he'd be so consumed with hating a a fighter rather than singing the praises of a fighter he does actually appreciate.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013