Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #661
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Did that in my garage and ended up cracking one of my plates. The floor was okay though.
We have the weird rubber textured weights so no harm.

Matt I'm at a fitness first type. I have 2 mates training at a bodybuilding gym, I will join eventually but I'm satisfied with the setup I have at the moment. I'm starting to outgrow the gym though tbh, I'm maxing out the dumbbells on some exercises. It's really quiet though, like it's me and one other guy, we just get on with it and go home. I'm not fond of people at the best of times so this suits me lol.
Smudger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #662
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
We have the weird rubber textured weights so no harm.

Matt I'm at a fitness first type. I have 2 mates training at a bodybuilding gym, I will join eventually but I'm satisfied with the setup I have at the moment. I'm starting to outgrow the gym though tbh, I'm maxing out the dumbbells on some exercises. It's really quiet though, like it's me and one other guy, we just get on with it and go home. I'm not fond of people at the best of times so this suits me lol.
made me laugh, sounds like me!
rampant is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #663
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lol yeah I just have no time for people tbh. Strong introvert. And proud of it. I have no problem making friends when I want to, just 99% of the time I don't want to haha. People think I'm shy, I'm not, I just can't be arsed with most people.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #664
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Man training actually makes me happy like I feel down if I'm not training. Since cutting off from my mates friday nights are boring, as I have made no new mates lol.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #665
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
Man training actually makes me happy like I feel down if I'm not training. Since cutting off from my mates friday nights are boring, as I have made no new mates lol.

Same. Work is sucking seriously hard at the moment and all I want to do is train. I'm lifting pretty much every day, and I have to force myself to have days off
Primate is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #666
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post

Same. Work is sucking seriously hard at the moment and all I want to do is train. I'm lifting pretty much every day, and I have to force myself to have days off
I cant relate to people who don't share the same frame of mind.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #667
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I had a buddy I was training with/coaching, and he had a bunch of personal shit happen, his first thought was to cancel his gym membership and tell me he was gonna stop training for a while. My reaction (shared by everyone at the gym) was WTF?! Why?!! My first thought would be, **** personal shit at home, time to go train.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #668
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

I find training if its boxing or weights is so therapeutic, really helps you deal with shit. Boxing out here helped when I moved over so much. Hard to be dwelling on shit when your sparring or throwing some metal around.

I know what you mean smudger I can't be ****ed with 90% of people meet, I'm quite a sociable person but I'm happy to be alone so I won't surround my self with cunts just to have people there. Happier just to do my own thing if that's the case.

If I ever get back into weights and stop boxing ill sign up with a proper gym I think, but if your set up is working then nice my last two fitness gyms had the busiest weight sections it was an absolute nightmare.

Bumpy why did you cut off from your mates? I know a few people who've done this and just don't get it.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #669
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Because all they wanna do is go to the pub, go drinking etc. They are just negative people to be around man, I do still keep in contact with 2 or 3 of them, but always seperately so I dont get dragged into a massive pissup. I thnk its not just the drinking issue though, I want different things while they seem content with just plodding their way through life.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #670
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I ****ed off a group of mates like that. I'm just not into the whole get pissed on Friday thing. I did it for near 2yrs and I'm sick of it tbh. I go out on nights out like 4 times a year and mostly stay sober. Then read on Facebook the morning after "I'm hanging boiiii staying in bed today lol" whilst I lol, get up at 9am and have a good day.

It rustles my jimmies when most people my age look at me like I've raped their mothers when I say I'm not into alcohol or getting smashed regularly. I flex my biceps and scream at them "U ****ING MAD BRAAAH!?"
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #671
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
I ****ed off a group of mates like that. I'm just not into the whole get pissed on Friday thing. I did it for near 2yrs and I'm sick of it tbh. I go out on nights out like 4 times a year and mostly stay sober. Then read on Facebook the morning after "I'm hanging boiiii staying in bed today lol" whilst I lol, get up at 9am and have a good day.

It rustles my jimmies when most people my age look at me like I've raped their mothers when I say I'm not into alcohol or getting smashed regularly. I flex my biceps and scream at them "U ****ING MAD BRAAAH!?"
Same.

I used to drink a whole lot when I was uni. I also weighed 65kg and couldn't run a mile. Now I'm 85kg, lean and don't waste my money on nights I can't remember that take me 3 days to recover from and I can't remember shit about.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #672
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

That's the second worst part, the money. Could easily spend 100 on a night out, I was earning about.... 100 a week back then. The worst is the hangover, a rough day after for 2 or 3 hours of "fun".

None of it makes sense to me. I have hobbies and interests that others don't understand, but none are detrimental to my health and none leave me with an empty pocket with nothing to show for it apart from a few pictures.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #673
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm a miserable bastard
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #674
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Smudger and primate, I share all the same views! **** I dont miss waking up with a hangover and acting like a cunt on friday nights, I'd rather enjoy a lie in on saturday morning then go workout, than spend the day rolling around in pain and my own sick.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #675
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

seems like everyone kinda feels the same. I've done the getting pissed 4 times a week for so long as it just gets dull. If I want to see my mates its got to be a night out in town as they don't actually have any other hobbies! I've gone out with them twice this week because every so often I feel like I have to see them or just be a billy no mates. So this week i've missed 3 days of the gym and that will be enough drinking now for a few months.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing