Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #31
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brook alexander OFF for april 27th!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
Icemax is correct, how does Brook beating a nobody for a vacant belt drastically change his situation?
Picking up a vacant belt could get you much more money for the fight.

Look at Haye. He pulled out of fighting a Klitschko to fight Valuev. When he got the belt, he could do a much better deal.

He has more options than just Bradley anyway.

Quote:
How is he going to get a Bradley fight exactly, having a belt with not a single standout win on your record just makes you easier to avoid
Bradley may want the fight we don't know. If he doesn't, well Brook can do a couple of defences against hopefully good opposition and get a better record.

Quote:
id imagine the options for the Bradley fight don't seem half as bad now.
I would guess that Hearn is perfectly happy with the decision and wouldn't change it.
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #32
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Kell won an eliminator a couple of years ago & was ranked #1 with the WBO

How has Hearn improved his standing since then?
Well he actually scheduled a world title fight for one, Kell seems to be getting grief for Alexander's injury/duck.

Wasn't Kell in the number one spot to fight Pac? A fight that was never gonna happen.

People actually know who Kell is now, he has fights in Sheffield, imagine that a promoter who builds a fan base in a fighters hometown.

Frank moved Kell so slowly it was unreal, his level of competition has increased well under Hearn culminating in a fight against a genuine world level operator.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #33
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This fight aint happening. Its got to the point where I'll be surprised if it does.

craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #34
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Meticulously trying to plan a route to a title was always in danger of falling flat on its arse. Boxing is all about taking chances, Alexander is taking his with Floyd and Brook should have taken his with Bradley which in my opinion was a very winnable fight, obviously St Edward didn't think so.
Nonsense. Fighting Bradley would have meant very little money for Brook and the opportunity against Alexander was a better one for many reasons. Putting Brook in with Bradley would have been good for the fans but it'd have been a very short sighted move, not to mention a poor choice financially.

As a fan, I understand wanting Brook/Bradley. However, if you were Brook or someone around him, the Alexander chance would have been far more attractive. The chance to make more money, and in a more winnable fight.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #35
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Meticulously trying to plan a route to a title was always in danger of falling flat on its arse. Boxing is all about taking chances, Alexander is taking his with Floyd and Brook should have taken his with Bradley which in my opinion was a very winnable fight, obviously St Edward didn't think so.
Don't agree with taking the Bradley fight but I understand your point. I think they could have gor Paulie Mallignaggi over to the UK.

Hearn hasnt taken the same route with every fighter though. Barker, McCloskey & Rees tool hard fights when they were close to mandatory shots.

With Brook they are trying to build a superstar. They needed a marquee win and Alexander was that.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #36
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well he actually scheduled a world title fight for one, Kell seems to be getting grief for Alexander's injury/duck.

Wasn't Kell in the number one spot to fight Pac? A fight that was never gonna happen.

People actually know who Kell is now, he has fights in Sheffield, imagine that a promoter who builds a fan base in a fighters hometown.

Frank moved Kell so slowly it was unreal, his level of competition has increased well under Hearn culminating in a fight against a genuine world level operator.
Kell turned down Mike Jones & K9 (although it was up at 154lbs) when he was with Frank, winning either fight wouldve given him a title shot.

That was 2 years ago & Kell still hasnt faced anyone as good as those 2.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #37
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
It'd be a real shame if this fight were not to happen now. I think it's a perfect fight for Brook at this stage to see if he can hack it at World level whilst it was a decent opponent for Alexander too. Hopefully, it doesn't end up Brook fighting some nobody for the vacant title but it's no fault of his own if that were to happen. He should get his shot next.

Regarding Bradley-Brook, I think it was smart of him not to take the fight. I personally consider Alexander a big step up in terms of who's he fought perviously and clearly Bradley's an even bigger step up from that so it would have been foolhardy to have thrown him into that fight. If he were to pick up the IBF belt, he's got plenty of options out there with the likes of Khan and that so it was pointless putting him in a weak position taking a Bradley fight where everything was against him.
Agree with this.For some reason,I think Bradley is underrated in this country.Remember he nearly knocked out Junior Witter who must have been near peak?The best two fighters Kells fought Matt Hatton and Carson Jones.Well get a better look at the latter if his Purdy fight comes off this time.Want Kell to do well,but his career hasnt moved along too quickly to say he turned pro so young,if Bundrage hadnt pulled out I think he could have already been champion,and this last setback is another disaster not of his making.Can Eddie work some magic,we need some.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

PS didnt see DrMos comment but agree with what hes saying.But I think it was K9 who pulled out.Regarding Jones,everyone was saying he would be easy.Dont think so,he looks good,big at the weight,and a great match for Kell IMO.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #39
SMS Employee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Kell turned down Mike Jones & K9 (although it was up at 154lbs) when he was with Frank, winning either fight wouldve given him a title shot.

That was 2 years ago & Kell still hasnt faced anyone as good as those 2.
SMS Employee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum