Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #31
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: You think Belfort is gonna get exposed for doping vs Bisping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Does it matter? Belforts been busted for drug abuse before and that was back in PRIDE
He's been on them his ENTIRE career. You'd have to be Ray Charles not to see Belfort was not on a boat load for that fight. He's always had them spindly legs and those massive Cobra traps. Look at his conditioning FFS. Dude was juiced to the gills.
And i like your last joke. Bisping over Silva....Lulz

Scurla who else do u reckon is on PED....Velaquez. Jones?
Ireland is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #32
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
Scurla who else do u reckon is on PED....Velaquez. Jones?
99.9% of the UFC stable is on gear. There's no way fighters are going to allow 'legal' prescription of TRT for fellow fighters and be disadvantaged themself.
The UFC historically has ALWAYS had a big problem with hormone abuse. Zuffa of course though don't give a shit. I mean after all the boss and the owner are on them. So rather than get their steroids 'illegally' from their local gym the UFC sanctions the abuse under TRT therapy.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #33
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
99.9% of the UFC stable is on gear. There's no way fighters are going to allow 'legal' prescription of TRT for fellow fighters and be disadvantaged themself.
The UFC historically has ALWAYS had a big problem with hormone abuse. Zuffa of course though don't give a shit. I mean after all the boss and the owner are on them. So rather than get their steroids 'illegally' from their local gym the UFC sanctions the abuse under TRT therapy.
How come dudes coming into the UFC so often look like shrunken, softer, weaker, less awesome versions of themselves? Overeem the other night being the most recent example, but by no means the only one?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #34
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Bisping's statement on the Vitor fight, and Vitor's TRT usage:

Quote:
My Official Statement

Friday, February 08, 2013
As some of you may know, I’ve just got back to Orange County from filming a movie in England. There have been dozens and dozens of interview requests and tweets about the recent news.

I’m back in England next week for the UFC on FUEL show, and right now all I really want to do is see my family, especially my daughter, who turned just turned 10 (happy birthday, Elle!). So, I wanted to do a short statement here and then move on to my fight with Alan Belcher, April 27th at UFC 159.

Here’s what I’ve got to say:

As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don't like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.

Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear. I don’t feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now. All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally. A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don't understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.

All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk. I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way. That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher's ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.

Thanks everyone for their support – can’t wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #35
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:

Anthony Rumble Johnson has gone up 3 weight divisions from 170 to Heavyweight - Do you reckon he was on them?

From 1900s when James J Jeffries was 6'2 210 pounds to L. holmes in 1980 being 6'3 1/2 210 pounds...........

M. Tyson at just 5'10 yet 220-230 with 8 to 12 per cent fat.

L. Lewis 245
W. klitschko 250

Do you reckon those boxers were on gear aswell?
Ireland is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #36
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
As long as there's an excuse fighters will cite whatever they like. Trauma, wear and tear bla bla bla. They're all convenient excuses. And what was James excuse when he was healthy? That dudes been on gear since the 90's. The only difference is his doctors fiddled him an excuse and now he gets to take them 'legally'. The entire system is a farce and the equivalent of the WWE's 'Wellness Policy' which is just an inconvenient tick box. At least with PRIDE neither did they care or bother. The hypocrisy simply wasn't there.
I wasn't trying to legitimize the athletic commission's ratios. I was pointing out the 50% increase in testosterone from one commission to the other. I would love to know how many of the fighters that have tested 4:1 for commission have tested 6:1 for the other.

I also omitted to point out the fact that some of these guys have low test because they're coming off a cycle. This just allows them to abuse the system.

I was serious about head trauma, though. The article that I read concerning James Toney had nothing to do with trt. It was specifically dealing with the association of head trauma and low testosterone, which can lead to depression and suicide. The article also addressed the concern for low test for NFL players and suicidal tendencies. It didn't concern trt. I'm not saying Toney isn't on trt, as I have no idea whether he is or isn't. I'm just saying that wasn't the purpose of bringing him up.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #37
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I wasn't trying to legitimize the athletic commission's ratios. I was pointing out the 50% increase in testosterone from one commission to the other. I would love to know how many of the fighters that have tested 4:1 for commission have tested 6:1 for the other.

I also omitted to point out the fact that some of these guys have low test because they're coming off a cycle. This just allows them to abuse the system.

I was serious about head trauma, though. The article that I read concerning James Toney had nothing to do with trt. It was specifically dealing with the association of head trauma and low testosterone, which can lead to depression and suicide. The article also addressed the concern for low test for NFL players and suicidal tendencies. It didn't concern trt. I'm not saying Toney isn't on trt, as I have no idea whether he is or isn't. I'm just saying that wasn't the purpose of bringing him up.
I here ya fella but Toney's brain trauma problem is common in many contact sports. NFL, Wrestling, Boxing to name a few. He's not unique, bearing in mind he's been busted for hormone abuse before. But this is part and parcel of the sport. If you're unfit or unwell you don't play/don't fight. But the only sport that purposefully and willfully gives their employee's a pass for all kind of minor reasons to take hormones 'legally' is the UFC.
Conversely look at the example of Benoit. Benoit spent his entire life on gear. By the time he reached his late 30's he apparently had the brain of an 80 year old. He also suffered serious head trauma, some of which iv witnessed my own self. The hits that bloke took were ridiculous. The WWE did nothing for him. He ended up murdering his wife and son and then got dropped like a box of rocks. Benoits case -minus the murder(s)- likewise is not unique at all among wrestlers. And all of them especially the rookies that come out of OVW are juiced to the gills.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #38
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
Anthony Rumble Johnson has gone up 3 weight divisions from 170 to Heavyweight - Do you reckon he was on them?

From 1900s when James J Jeffries was 6'2 210 pounds to L. holmes in 1980 being 6'3 1/2 210 pounds...........

M. Tyson at just 5'10 yet 220-230 with 8 to 12 per cent fat.

L. Lewis 245
W. klitschko 250

Do you reckon those boxers were on gear aswell?
Who knows mate. You can only speculate. But there's obvious physical limits to human physiology. And 6ft 5 guys walking around at 260+ lbs with cartoon muscle physiques are clearly NOT natural.
Steroids were just as popular in the 80's 90's as they are now. But the potency now is far far greater. Neither of the 3 above ever failed a drug test. But how legitimate are the commissions tests when they're just a tick box? Then again LL and Vlad were both skinny 6-5/6 men who filled out as they got older. Likewise Mike at a shade under 6ft was always a physical specimen from the time he was kid. Tyson was 200lbs by the time he was 14.
Boxing has a problem with abuse. But its not half as pervasive or as freely sanctioned as the UFC. The lata being the crux of the problem.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #39
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Who knows mate. You can only speculate. But there's obvious physical limits to human physiology. And 6ft 5 guys walking around at 260+ lbs with cartoon muscle physiques are clearly NOT natural.
Steroids were just as popular in the 80's 90's as they are now. But the potency now is far far greater. Neither of the 3 above ever failed a drug test. But how legitimate are the commissions tests when they're just a tick box? Then again LL and Vlad were both skinny 6-5/6 men who filled out as they got older. Likewise Mike at a shade under 6ft was always a physical specimen from the time he was kid. Tyson was 200lbs by the time he was 14.
Boxing has a problem with abuse. But its not half as pervasive or as freely sanctioned as the UFC. The lata being the crux of the problem.
I've been wondering about blood doping, like cyclists have been caught doing. I wonder if/when fighters have started doing something similar for increased endurance.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I've been wondering about blood doping, like cyclists have been caught doing. I wonder if/when fighters have started doing something similar for increased endurance.
Blood doping is a tricky one. As its very dangerous. EPO is very popular among cyclists. I'm fairly certain though athletes are willing to take the risk though. It was said Shane was on EPO. But i have my doubts about that. Not because Shanes my boy but primarily because Shane has always fought the same way since the Am's. And there was no notable difference in his stamina or endurance when it was claimed he was on it. But again its relatively easy to catch someone blood doping. As the Oxygen levels in your blood will be off the chart. But blood tests don't come cheap and practically are more cumbersome to administer than a simple piss test.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum