boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, what do we think of Frampton's win?

I'm more impressed than if he'd have Martinez out early. He showed a lot tonight, still a bit to work on but he's looking good at this point in his career.
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
iceferg
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2648

the fight was going martinez's way at that point he needed that.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
raymann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1331

after 16 fights hes boxing right at his level. theres absolutely no way there should be talk of world titles about now. he needs a good few fights at and around euro title/fringe world level to tighten his game up.

the internet has made everyone way too impatient and its clear that this kids natural talent is there but at world level that isnt enough. its not close to enough. as well as talent you need experience, your flaws ironed out, the perfect support network that can also deal at the top level and impecable management.

i think that people are going to get impatient with this kid but to achieve his potential hes needs to box to his level and learn his game. proska on the undercard is an example of what happens when you dont understand the rules of engagement, almost wasted natural talent without the right people training/managing him.

the quig fight would be a great fight at this point.

great fight though. seems like a top kid as well.
raymann is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
the fight was going martinez's way at that point he needed that.

Only if you were listening to Jim "Put me in reverse" Watt!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I was impressed. He's definitely not at world level yet. Besides he's young so he's no need to rush things. Carl should take his time, clear out the Euro scene before stepping up.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

Very good performance imo, got hit a fair amount but once again proved he can box off the back foot and dealt with the pressure well. I think he looks the goods, he's got the whole package, power, speed, chin(it seems), movement, combinations, temperment and versatility. That being said a few Euro defences would be good, I'd love the Quigg fight though. He'd take Quigg in a similar fashion, I'm very confident of that.
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

He's showed he can take a punch which is massively encouraging. He took a monster punch from Kiko before instantly replying with the knockout blow. That was damn impressive.

His inexperience showed and he'll have learned a lot from this fight. Still work to be done. He could have imposed his ring generalship better and his defence was a little sloppy but overall you have to take your hat off to him. He knocked out a top 10/15 boxer who had never been hurt before in his 16th fight.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
effigy
Journeyman

Kiko's a tough guy, to KO him is a great marker from him at this point in his career. He took a few shots, but that showed he's got a chin so it's a fair trade off. Was it perfect, of course not, defence is a work in progress for him, but at this stage it was a great showing. I would keep him at Euro level for 4 to 5 fights before going for gold though, if his learning curve keeps going in the right direction he's got a great chance at grabbing a world belt in early 2014.
effigy is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #24
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Excellent performance from a fighter in his 16th fight. Headlining a sold out show in his home town against a real, tough, game European champion. Showed a decent chin too. I enjoy watching him fight and think it'll be a real fun ride in the future.

I don't think the Quigg fight will happen until there is a real world title at stake. Quigg's win over Munroe is more impressive IMO.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #25
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post

Only if you were listening to Jim "Put me in reverse" Watt!
Watt is starting to really grate on me. He is so negative and self-righteous and ruins boxing on Sky. I have been a fan of his co-commentary in the past, but there is being objective and then there is being irritatingly critical.
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #26
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quigg handled munroe a lot more impressively there were lots of positives last night for Frampton but still lots of floors if I were quigg I'd be pushing for may 11th
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Excellent performance from a fighter in his 16th fight. Headlining a sold out show in his home town against a real, tough, game European champion. Showed a decent chin too. I enjoy watching him fight and think it'll be a real fun ride in the future.

I don't think the Quigg fight will happen until there is a real world title at stake. Quigg's win over Munroe is more impressive IMO.
Yep

Kiko might've been a bit fresher than Rendall but Quigg's performance was better. He didnt get caught as much & looked more dynamic when he let his hands go.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #28
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't think rendall is over the hill neither is kiko. I think rendall knew from the first fight with quigg that he was going to lose the rematch but he still has a lot to offer at domestic Level. For me it's the fashion of the victories. The quigg munroe fight was win with ease and was almost boring it was so one sided where as people rave about framptons experience as an amateur so last night I was expecting kiko to be taught a lesson in the art of boxing but it turned out to be a fairly close tear up until the k.o
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #29
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

mapped out exactly as i thought good win for carl
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #30
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Good win and a very good finish but a bit concerning how easy at times his chin was hit . He has got to tighten up defensively
Mr Butt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum