Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #61
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Mundine happend because GGG and Martinez did not want to play. Then the WBA was unfair about it. Blame Sturm and the WBA for that one. You cant dance around negotiating whilst holding a title earning nothing. Mundine didnt deserve it, but it was a fight, it generated huge interest, and brought us all something we havent had for a long time in boxing. Unfortunately it doesnt work the way you think, title or no title. Chavez earns too much for HBO, Martinez could have chosen Geale over Murray, but I think the middleweight division is genuinely worried about Geale, and will fight everyone else until theres nowhere to run.

To be honest, thats the best Mundines looked in years, and Geale still clearly beat him. I dont understand all this talk about "pulling the trigger" and Geales Ko's or power. Hes a supreme boxer. He clearly outboxes them, which is whats supposed to happen. Geale hurt Mundine in the 2nd. Mundine then ran for the rest of the fight.
Bang on, he ain't the Real Deal for nothing.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #62
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

finally someone talks some sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Mundine happend because GGG and Martinez did not want to play. Then the WBA was unfair about it. Blame Sturm and the WBA for that one. You cant dance around negotiating whilst holding a title earning nothing. Mundine didnt deserve it, but it was a fight, it generated huge interest, and brought us all something we havent had for a long time in boxing. Unfortunately it doesnt work the way you think, title or no title. Chavez earns too much for HBO, Martinez could have chosen Geale over Murray, but I think the middleweight division is genuinely worried about Geale, and will fight everyone else until theres nowhere to run.

To be honest, thats the best Mundines looked in years, and Geale still clearly beat him. I dont understand all this talk about "pulling the trigger" and Geales Ko's or power. Hes a supreme boxer. He clearly outboxes them, which is whats supposed to happen. Geale hurt Mundine in the 2nd. Mundine then ran for the rest of the fight.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #63
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
mate i enjoy conversations with you, your one of the good guys so please dont take no offence to what i have to say, its just my opinion.

GGG fight, Geale was given 4 and 1/2 months to fight him not 6 weeks, many fans on other forums speculated Geale would drop the title rather than fight GGG. He was stripped because he knew he was to fight GGG in a specific duration of time once he won the belt, he failed to do so and wouldnt have fought GGG in that duration because he committed to the Mundine fight.

Geale wins the title on 1st of September 2012
Geale fights Mundine on the 30th of January 2013
5 months passed

Martinez, everyone said that he was going to fight Chavez and not Geale and Geale had to wait, only to then see Martinez matched up with Murray lol. Which is my point about Murray.

Soliman, he didnt want to fight him, never had any intention of fighting him and if forced to do so he was going to draw it out as long as he could. There is personal issues surrounding that fight not just the fact Soliman could spoil Geale and win.
Try and do some research instead of making it up on the spot, Ty.

According to WBA rules, a champion has 9 months to face his mandatory or he gets stripped. Geale was given three on short notice AFTER the Sturm fight had been signed. He knew he had to fight Golovkin (and has stated he is more than willing) but not within three months, so get your facts straight before making an arse of yourself. The WBA ordered that they would have to fight by the 31st of December ONE DAY BEFORE THE STURM VS GEALE FIGHT and well after the fight had been signed.

They are asking him to go from fighting the then Ring ranked #1 overseas to fighting the Ring ranked #3 in less than three months. The WBA did not want Geale as champion, otherwise they would have stripped WK, Chris Johns, G. Jones and others of their titles seeing as they have avoided their mandatories just as long as Sturm did and even granted them extensions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kas117 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #64
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Exactly WBA is the worst if the big 4 now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Try and do some research instead of making it up on the spot, Ty.

According to WBA rules, a champion has 9 months to face his mandatory or he gets stripped. Geale was given three on short notice AFTER the Sturm fight had been signed. He knew he had to fight Golovkin (and has stated he is more than willing) but not within three months, so get your facts straight before making an arse of yourself. The WBA ordered that they would have to fight by the 31st of December ONE DAY BEFORE THE STURM VS GEALE FIGHT and well after the fight had been signed.

They are asking him to go from fighting the then Ring ranked #1 overseas to fighting the Ring ranked #3 in less than three months. The WBA did not want Geale as champion, otherwise they would have stripped WK, Chris Johns, G. Jones and others of their titles seeing as they have avoided their mandatories just as long as Sturm did and even granted them extensions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #65
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Try and do some research instead of making it up on the spot, Ty.

According to WBA rules, a champion has 9 months to face his mandatory or he gets stripped. Geale was given three on short notice AFTER the Sturm fight had been signed. He knew he had to fight Golovkin (and has stated he is more than willing) but not within three months, so get your facts straight before making an arse of yourself. The WBA ordered that they would have to fight by the 31st of December ONE DAY BEFORE THE STURM VS GEALE FIGHT and well after the fight had been signed.

They are asking him to go from fighting the then Ring ranked #1 overseas to fighting the Ring ranked #3 in less than three months. The WBA did not want Geale as champion, otherwise they would have stripped WK, Chris Johns, G. Jones and others of their titles seeing as they have avoided their mandatories just as long as Sturm did and even granted them extensions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What did i make up? Geale knew his legal obligations to the WBA were to fight GGG in 4 months and 2 weeks time, he was given a date that was 2 weeks shy of the 4 months and 2 weeks. Whats the big deal?

Geale was going to fight in December then 4 weeks later fight Mundine? He had no intentions of fighting GGG thus had no grounds for legal action against the WBA for stripping him, thats why he rolled over and allowed them to take the title and put up no fight what so ever. Only to say he would fight GGG but not when the WBA told him to do so lol.. ummm hello, he was told that if he won the title he had 4 months and 2 weeks to meet the mandatory and thumbed his nose up at them and you expect them to bend over backwards and do him a favour?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fact is Geale did this to himself. KAS, what about the Money comment you made, didnt you make that one up or you really belive Geale didnt fight Mundine because of the money haha

Last edited by TCboxa; 02-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #66
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Mundine happend because GGG and Martinez did not want to play. Then the WBA was unfair about it. Blame Sturm and the WBA for that one. You cant dance around negotiating whilst holding a title earning nothing. Mundine didnt deserve it, but it was a fight, it generated huge interest, and brought us all something we havent had for a long time in boxing. Unfortunately it doesnt work the way you think, title or no title. Chavez earns too much for HBO, Martinez could have chosen Geale over Murray, but I think the middleweight division is genuinely worried about Geale, and will fight everyone else until theres nowhere to run.

Green brings us more than these two have. I dont think you will find that the middleweight division is worried over Geale, he cant bust a grape and couldnt even pull the trigger against a shot mundine.
Quote:
"I have no problem fighting Golovkin, but if I did it would mean going to the US and fighting on a small card with crap money for a title fight.

"The Mundine fight is much more viable, it helps my profile massively and is a better money fight, and opens doors in the US.

"If I had taken the mandatory with the WBA, then I'm quite sure the IBF would have stripped me so I was in a no-win situation.

------

Quote:
To be honest, thats the best Mundines looked in years, and Geale still clearly beat him. I dont understand all this talk about "pulling the trigger" and Geales Ko's or power. Hes a supreme boxer. He clearly outboxes them, which is whats supposed to happen. Geale hurt Mundine in the 2nd. Mundine then ran for the rest of the fight
Watch Mundine in the first fight, he is faster, better foot work and harder punches. honestly this is the WORST ive seen Mundine, he is shot. Pulling the trigger is when you got a guy hurt and cant finish him off. is Mundine now a faster runner than Geale? doesnt Geale know how to cut off the ring. Excuses excuses mate , its all im hearing. I will be proven wrong if and only if Geale fights GGG or Martinez but even then he is getting KTFO so i wont be proven wrong unless he defeats them.

Dont get me wrong either, i like Geale but im also a realist.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #67
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
------



Watch Mundine in the first fight, he is faster, better foot work and harder punches. honestly this is the WORST ive seen Mundine, he is shot. Pulling the trigger is when you got a guy hurt and cant finish him off. is Mundine now a faster runner than Geale? doesnt Geale know how to cut off the ring. Excuses excuses mate , its all im hearing. I will be proven wrong if and only if Geale fights GGG or Martinez but even then he is getting KTFO so i wont be proven wrong unless he defeats them.

Dont get me wrong either, i like Geale but im also a realist.
hahahaha a realist tell us again why you picked mundine to beat geale now **** off you tit
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #68
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Arms View Post
hahahaha a realist tell us again why you picked mundine to beat geale now **** off you tit
Why cant i pick Mundine to beat Geale? I picked Go Cart to beat Mundine. Sometimes you pick a fighter for the odds, sometimes to piss off opposition and sometimes because you are certian that fighter will win.

I suggest you build a bridge and get over it
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #69
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
What did i make up? Geale knew his legal obligations to the WBA were to fight GGG in 4 months and 2 weeks time, he was given a date that was 2 weeks shy of the 4 months and 2 weeks. Whats the big deal?

Geale was going to fight in December then 4 weeks later fight Mundine? He had no intentions of fighting GGG thus had no grounds for legal action against the WBA for stripping him, thats why he rolled over and allowed them to take the title and put up no fight what so ever. Only to say he would fight GGG but not when the WBA told him to do so lol.. ummm hello, he was told that if he won the title he had 4 months and 2 weeks to meet the mandatory and thumbed his nose up at them and you expect them to bend over backwards and do him a favour?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fact is Geale did this to himself. KAS, what about the Money comment you made, didnt you make that one up or you really belive Geale didnt fight Mundine because of the money haha

Im not going into it again, i gave you the facts in the previous post. Im sorry mate but youre wrong on this one.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #70
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Why cant i pick Mundine to beat Geale? I picked Go Cart to beat Mundine. Sometimes you pick a fighter for the odds, sometimes to piss off opposition and sometimes because you are certian that fighter will win.

I suggest you build a bridge and get over it
dont get emotional brah be a realist hahahaha
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #71
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

relax cunt its just a boxing forum lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #72
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
He really is the face of the sport down there, by about 4000km.

Oz's own Floyd Mayweather Jr. (everything Mundine hoped to be)
Needs bumping to the top, just because.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 AM   #73
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Do you think he will knock out Sillyman sox? its going to be hard for him to win on the cards, id hate to be scoring that fight.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #74
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Do you think he will knock out Sillyman sox? its going to be hard for him to win on the cards, id hate to be scoring that fight.
Geales not generally a ko artist, but I think he has a good chance here.
Sturm nearly had him done in round 2, but he didn't keep the pressure up. Geale will.

If not I think Geale takes the points win relatively easy.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #75
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: "The Real Deal Geale".........

I rekon a KO is possible because unlike the Mundine fight Geale wont have to go chasing after sillyman, sillyman will more than likely walk onto Geales punches all night, it depends how much sillyman spoils Geales style. I really dont think Geale should take this to the cards, i wouldnt wanna risk it because it wont be an easy fight to score and could go either way unless Geale totally dominates each and every round.

All things aside, i hope Geale fcks him up. I really do not like Soliman at all.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013