Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #496
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Frampton v Martinez, Selby v Lindsay, Lee v Fitzgerald RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
My mistake. I thought you were RobP. I apologize.
I am, but I never went mental about it. I thought Franks offer was fair and Groves team should have taken it and that they ducked the fight, but it was far from going mental.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #497
raymann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1331

after 16 fights hes boxing right at his level. theres absolutely no way there should be talk of world titles about now. he needs a good few fights at and around euro title/fringe world level to tighten his game up.

the internet has made everyone way too impatient and its clear that this kids natural talent is there but at world level that isnt enough. its not close to enough. as well as talent you need experience, your flaws ironed out, the perfect support network that can also deal at the top level and impecable management.

i think that people are going to get impatient with this kid but to achieve his potential hes needs to box to his level and learn his game. proska on the undercard is an example of what happens when you dont understand the rules of engagement, almost wasted natural talent without the right people training/managing him.

the quig fight would be a great fight at this point.

great fight though. seems like a top kid as well.
raymann is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #498
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #499
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

I'm impressed with the way Frampton has been built up to the public. I seen about 10 Facebook statuses talking about him tonight from people I know who aren't really big boxing fans. I was surprised that so many people knew who he was and not only that but were expressing genuine happiness when he won. He's a marketable lad.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #500
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
I am, but I never went mental about it. I thought Franks offer was fair and Groves team should have taken it and that they ducked the fight, but it was far from going mental.
No wonder DF drives himself mental debating with you, you have the canny knack of self-delusion thats usually only present in mass murdering Third World dictators.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #501
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
To be honest, Frampton answered a lot of questions tonight.

Still a bit to go.before hitting the big time, but he looked well tonight and dealt with a strong, tricky relatively high level operator well.

9/10 tni.

He impressed me more than ever before. I felt he hurt Martinez frequently and from an early stage.
Did very well. McGuigan seems to be matching Frampton like McGuigan was matched. Mixing domestic/ Euro fights with increasing world class opposition. I reckon a routine Euro defence next, then a decent world class fighter, then a world title shot.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #502
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vic Darchinyan (WBC No.3, IBF No.6) would be a final Eliminator. Jeffery Mathebula (IBF No.4) or Takalani Ndlovu (IBF No.5) could also be Eliminators. All x World Champions and the fights could be for the Commonwealth title which Frampton holds. Alexander Bakhtin (IBF No.3 & WBC No.4) would be and final Eliminator and also for the European title.

All would be great fights for Frampton May 11th and would make him mandatory for the winner off Terrezaz vs Mijares (WBC) or Lopez vs Romero (IBF) later in the year. You could imagine it wouldn't be to tricky to get those fights over in the UK.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #503
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Quote:
No wonder DF drives himself mental debating with you, you have the canny knack of self-delusion thats usually only present in mass murdering Third World dictators.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I rest my case.

And DF said himself I can't wind him up
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #504
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:

I rest my case.
One thread? You were all over Groves, Hayemaker and Booth in multiple threads for weeks on this forum over them not taking that joke 60,000 offer from Frankie but now Quigg-Frampton can wait for a mythical 2014 PPV because you think thats what Saint Eddie wants?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #505
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:

I don't believe him!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #506
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:

I rest my case.

Quote:
I don't believe him!
How very dare both of you!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #507
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
One thread? You were all over Groves, Hayemaker and Booth in multiple threads for weeks on this forum over them not taking that joke 60,000 offer from Frankie but now Quigg-Frampton can wait for a mythical 2014 PPV because you think thats what Saint Eddie wants?
I would imagine Hearn wants the fight May 11th.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #508
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I feel for Quigg. Whilst Frampton is progressing at an excellent rate, in the ring and out, Quigg's career has stalled. No fight since December and there isn't a realistic fight out there for him right now, because of the issue with Hatton and TV. It could be another few months before a fight is even announced, which is a real shame. Frampton is on the verge of becoming a huge attraction in boxing whilst Quigg is sat around waiting for the phone to call.

The sooner he leaves Hatton, the better. His career is stalling at the absolute worst time possible.

I was impressed with Frampton. I thought he took the shots well, was very composed for a inexperienced pro and I wasn't expecting that sort of devastating power either. I think I might have underestimated him.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #509
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
The DeGale-Groves saga was alarmingly like Haye-Maccarinelli. Frank kept throwing out low-ball offers with three-fight options. Haye and Booth say, very openly, "We want the fight, but we're not agreeing to options" and Frank accuses Haye of ducking.

I remember Macca appearing in Boxing News, quoted as saying, "I've signed the contract - what's David waiting for?"

How about fair terms, you chinny Welsh fanny?

Sorry, I digress. Frank wasn't really keen on the Groves fight (Groves had already beaten James once and Frank didn't want to jeopardise his significant investment). But post-Anderson? Suddenly he was all-accommodating to terms, purses, etc.

But Gaz is right, Rob. You had a real hard-on for Hayemaker following the collapse of the Wladimir fight.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #510
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

The 60,000 grand offer was an attempt to marginalize Booth and Groves, it was made on TV on a Saurday night with Warrun stipulating a Monday/ Tuesday deadline. Just so they could say to fans they'd try to make the fight while bypassing it and moving DeGales career on.

Some people fell for it, some people didn't..:
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum