Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #151
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sparring vid. Tips?

mrtony, you need to bring your punches back, you only complete half of every punch. Poking and pushing with your arms, turning your head with your arms out in front is just going to get your hurt against somebody trying to punch you.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #152
TheRat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

you could knock him out if you wanted mrtony, just let your hands loose
TheRat is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #153
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i was actually being a bit of a dick...that last sparring session wasnt bad....the guy he is sparring with does look young..but he is about the same size...and mrtony is definitely holding the advantage..i would just say work more combos...and try to get your footwork changed up a bit..dont just always move the same direction.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #154
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
i was actually being a bit of a dick...that last sparring session wasnt bad....the guy he is sparring with does look young..but he is about the same size...and mrtony is definitely holding the advantage..i would just say work more combos...and try to get your footwork changed up a bit..dont just always move the same direction.
Oh, come on, man...I've been on esb for going on 4 years now. I'm far from thin-skinned... it's all good. I'm not sure how old he is. 13 or 14, maybe. I have to go to the 4pm class because of my work schedule, and that 4pm class has quite a few kids in it, so I sometimes find myself training with youths, who go as an after-school thing. It kind of sucks, because I feel like I have to hold back on them, except when I went against this 14 year old, 6'1, 200 pounder...
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #155
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
Oh, come on, man...I've been on esb for going on 4 years now. I'm far from thin-skinned... it's all good. I'm not sure how old he is. 13 or 14, maybe. I have to go to the 4pm class because of my work schedule, and that 4pm class has quite a few kids in it, so I sometimes find myself training with youths, who go as an after-school thing. It kind of sucks, because I feel like I have to hold back on them, except when I went against this 14 year old, 6'1, 200 pounder...
I got my nose blooded by a 12 year old a few weeks back (made a thread about it) in fairness he is a pretty good fighter...like 30 fights...won some jr. championship, and i hold back a good bit...but yeah....kind of sucks boxing someone younger because you dont really want to open up at all.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #156
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Well you still have to follow the basics, despite holding back. Guard up high, throw proper punches, stand properly, move properly, etc.

I accidentally knocked out a young kid a few years ago. He threw a lazy jab and I warned him that it was lazy a few times. After a while I decided to parry it and throw a very held back right hand over the top. Unfortunately he walked straight into it and collapsed like a sack of shit. I was only just able to catch him. Kid went mad when he regained consciousness but he understood my point when he calmed down

I also put a girl on the canvas with an ultra weak liver punch. Both were accidents, I swear
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #157
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Well you still have to follow the basics, despite holding back. Guard up high, throw proper punches, stand properly, move properly, etc.

I accidentally knocked out a young kid a few years ago. He threw a lazy jab and I warned him that it was lazy a few times. After a while I decided to parry it and throw a very held back right hand over the top. Unfortunately he walked straight into it and collapsed like a sack of shit. I was only just able to catch him. Kid went mad when he regained consciousness but he understood my point when he calmed down

I also put a girl on the canvas with an ultra weak liver punch. Both were accidents, I swear
that kid i sparred.....i dropped him with a left hook....didnt mean to throw it hard..and it really wasnt hard.but it was harder than i wanted because i slipped to my left to avoid a big overhand he was throwing and than i turned the left hook over...the motion of coming around was enough to drop than.

last week though i did nail him in the arm pretty good...made his arm useless for the next 3 days..and i did that on purpose because he kept on hitting me in the balls...and i know he was doing it on purpose.

i had on the heavyduty protectors so i didnt feel the shots..but still..thought i should give him something
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #158
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
that kid i sparred.....i dropped him with a left hook....didnt mean to throw it hard..and it really wasnt hard.but it was harder than i wanted because i slipped to my left to avoid a big overhand he was throwing and than i turned the left hook over...the motion of coming around was enough to drop than.

last week though i did nail him in the arm pretty good...made his arm useless for the next 3 days..and i did that on purpose because he kept on hitting me in the balls...and i know he was doing it on purpose.

i had on the heavyduty protectors so i didnt feel the shots..but still..thought i should give him something
And then you collapsed and had a heart attack because you're morbidly obese (5'9 and 235 pounds).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #159
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
And then you collapsed and had a heart attack because you're morbidly obese (5'9 and 235 pounds).
You seem like you got a tasty mouth
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #160
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
That's embarrassing.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #161
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

johnstown might be built like David Tua, though I doubt it.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #162
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
johnstown might be built like David Tua, though I doubt it.
nahhh not that solid......I have some pictures of me at that weight..but i would feel a bit gay posting them.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #163
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
nahhh not that solid......I have some pictures of me at that weight..but i would feel a bit gay posting them.
You should probably feel gay about your constant gay comments and gay PM's to me as well. You're a strange one
Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #164
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You should probably feel gay about your constant gay comments and gay PM's to me as well. You're a strange one
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #165
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
El Puma is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing