Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #16
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 783
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

" No I'm done "
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #17
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

does look like he said "i'm done"
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
I agree..and if you watch that round close (one slow mo) the hook that everyone got excited about missed. Missed by a hair...but still missed.
yeah he did miss ... and Lewis would've have had his legs in the air like a woman if he did connect, so that means he missed for sure.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
yeah he did miss ... and Lewis would've have had his legs in the air like a woman if he did connect, so that means he missed for sure.
close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades (it counts in a bunch of other things as well...darts for one...but you get the point).
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades (it counts in a bunch of other things as well...darts for one...but you get the point).
Elite boxing is a game of inches. Bet Tyson wished Lewis would have missed some of those right hands!
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Tyson took it like all the great ex-champs do, like a warrior
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Tyson took it like all the great ex-champs do, like a warrior
id say a few guys took it better..but i dont think you can knock him too hard.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Elite boxing is a game of inches. Bet Tyson wished Lewis would have missed some of those right hands!
Tyson didn't even like boxing at that point.

He was there for the check and made a reasonable effort based on his condition at the time.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Tyson didn't even like boxing at that point.

He was there for the check and made a reasonable effort based on his condition at the time.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

I don't know that standing around getting whaled on can be called effort.

More like bravely honoring your status. And yes, I have been in there, helpless against a better fighter, and served as a punching bag.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #26
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

It's just a case of the shoe being on the other foot time. Nothing more. Just like the old guys Tyson got rid of when he was on top and they were the guys taking the licking. Tubbs/Bruno/Williams/Thomas and those old guys were in that position of having to dig deep just to stay in the fight & not win it. Against Lennox, it was Mike's turn to wear those shoes.
His game was to score ko's and not to do things like nullify. Would have helped a bunch in the Lewis matchup. The ability to nullify is one of the most under rated skills in the sport & it was something not evident in the Mike Tyson toolset.
zadfrak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #27
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadfrak View Post
It's just a case of the shoe being on the other foot time. Nothing more. Just like the old guys Tyson got rid of when he was on top and they were the guys taking the licking. Tubbs/Bruno/Williams/Thomas and those old guys were in that position of having to dig deep just to stay in the fight & not win it. Against Lennox, it was Mike's turn to wear those shoes.
His game was to score ko's and not to do things like nullify. Would have helped a bunch in the Lewis matchup. The ability to nullify is one of the most under rated skills in the sport & it was something not evident in the Mike Tyson toolset.
how do you mean nullify?
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013