Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #691
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Aren't calves one of the hardest places to build mass. Its almost like genetically* more likely to have big ones compared to other body parts

*best word to use even though is somewhat incorrect
Opti is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #692
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

It doesn't help that a lot of people train them like idiots.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #693
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Brb using imagination since no pics.
I'll post some tomorrow, Craig has seen mine as we are on dat der Instagram time
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #694
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

How do you train them? Inb4 I train them like an idiot. Smith machine calf raises....... That is all, directly.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #695
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
It doesn't help that a lot of people train them like idiots.
So true or don't to train them
Opti is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 AM   #696
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
How do you train them? Inb4 I train them like an idiot. Smith machine calf raises....... That is all, directly.
I have two protocols. One day I will do:

3x8 seated FIRST - controlled tempo throughout
5x5 standing - explosive positive, controlled negative with a pause at the bottom of the movement.

The other day I will do just:

4x8 standing - again, explosive positive, controlled negative.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #697
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

My dad uses a seated machine for calves at his work, he uses the top weight and has upped his reps to 4x20 as there are no other machines for them, don't think he'll bother with standing type. He also got to his target of 3x10 chinups this week
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #698
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I have two protocols. One day I will do:

3x8 seated FIRST - controlled tempo throughout
5x5 standing - explosive positive, controlled negative with a pause at the bottom of the movement.

The other day I will do just:

4x8 standing - again, explosive positive, controlled negative.
So high reps aren't good? Intredasting. Now I can load the squat rack up to 200kg, make people look in shock and great anticipation that this skinny faggot is gonna squat 200kg... Then I calf raise.

trollface.jpg
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #699
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Can anyone complete this?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I got 6mins in and died a slow death. I think I'm gonna try 20 reps instead of 50 and work my way up. Do you think this is a good ab routine? I rarely hit abs directly.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #700
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Can anyone complete this?

I got 6mins in and died a slow death. I think I'm gonna try 20 reps instead of 50 and work my way up. Do you think this is a good ab routine? I rarely hit abs directly.
It's somewhat pointless. I believe the point of ab work is to strengthen the muscles, maybe add some size. Obviously the best way to do this is weighted work, not high reps.

It looks good if you want to show off but it has no real benefit. Also, it's a lot of work for the abs, but what's he doing for his lower back to balance this out? Not much I suspect.

As all boxers know; abs are the only core muscle.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #701
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I just wanna tone up bro.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #702
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
So high reps aren't good? Intredasting. Now I can load the squat rack up to 200kg, make people look in shock and great anticipation that this skinny faggot is gonna squat 200kg... Then I calf raise.

trollface.jpg
Try lower reps and I guarantee your calves will grow
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #703
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Running is good for calves, everyone I know that runs regularly has at least a decent set of calves.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #704
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Running and cycling are great for calves.

Squats and especially front and over head squats are far and away the best ab builder movements imho.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #705
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
Because all they wanna do is go to the pub, go drinking etc. They are just negative people to be around man, I do still keep in contact with 2 or 3 of them, but always seperately so I dont get dragged into a massive pissup. I thnk its not just the drinking issue though, I want different things while they seem content with just plodding their way through life.
Fair play, people do grow apart its natural. Just can't imagine stopping speaking to my old mates. The ones I've stayed cool with when we went to different unis I can't imagine ever falling out with really. But it sounds like I'm in the minority. Out of most of my close mates I'm probably the least driven so I'll be the one getting cut by the sound of it.

Do you not like drinking though or is it just the whole going out getting smashed cliched night out you don't like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
I wouldn't say I've kept it. Here's a few pics from last week. I'm not happy with my quads hams so no pics but I'm working on them. I'm mainly maintaining size and working on strength right now. I've only recently started working abs again but hopefully I won't have to drop too much weight. Also Id like to point out that although the pics might be a bit poser, thats as far from how I am in real life as possible.

I don't care how this sounds I think you have the ideal physique craig. Big but not too big that it looks ridiculous and ripped but not too ripped. You've got a great balance of looking like a regular guy (not some steroided gym fiend) but having good size and definition. Not sure if a no homo can save me from that but excellent work cutt.

What are you're other hobbies/interests Smudger? I would love to cut down my drinking but can't find a better way to spend my time in England.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing