Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon-Lewis Dickinson v David Dolan - British CW title

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
I was talking to Jon-Lewis n Travis today, Travis more determined than ever it seems on the undercard of this. I think I'll be going down to this one.

They even said that Ajasif just looked shit hot on the night n in all fairness no excuses were made but Travis recieved a terrible (n I mean terrible) cut in sparring about 2 months before the fight so he needed to be out of sparring for a while which is terrible against Ajasif, obviously Ajasif is a strong kid too so Travis is just taking a step down in class n working his way back up.

Even Ronnie Rowe (birtley trainer) said regarding Dolan that it's his last chance, so he really will be up for it. I've got a feeling this is going to be a ******* of a card.
Speaking to jaffas dad and he said he is putting together the undercard and travis ain't on it or at least he knows nothing of it, hope he is on like
fantaheed is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #32
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Just over a week til this and really looking forward to going to this. Hope Dolan can come out aggressive and force JLD to fight as if he doesn't it could be a comfortable nights work. How do people see this fight? JLD 117-111 I go for.

Cornish is on bill against the good old tba but hope its a genuine non Eastern European heavyweight for a change.

Peter cope is always in a good scrap looking forward to see how he develops as he has a good style just needs to sit down on his shots

If your on iceferg any word on travis? He mentioned on Facebook he is on bill but jaffas dad wasn't aware of this and he put the card together
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

i got my tickets off jon-lewis, saw that cornish down gym he's been sparring jld. looking forward to this expecting a real battle n agree FH about 117-111 after a real battle although the more i think i just don't know. dolan is a really good operater 3x aba champ, commonwealth gold medalist, and this is his last chance to prove his talent as a pro. he's not going to go quietly imo
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #34
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
i got my tickets off jon-lewis, saw that cornish down gym he's been sparring jld. looking forward to this expecting a real battle n agree FH about 117-111 after a real battle although the more i think i just don't know. dolan is a really good operater 3x aba champ, commonwealth gold medalist, and this is his last chance to prove his talent as a pro. he's not going to go quietly imo
How has sparring been going with JLD and Cornish? Don't rate Cornish yet tho when he steps up he may prove a lot of people wrong. Your right about Dolan it's probably his last chance so he will come in great shape and be up for this I think tactically be very interested to see how he fights esp the first few rounds.

Anyword on travis fighting?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #35
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Looking forward to this card. JLS is solid & well-organised, I think he'll be able to control the fight as Dolan fades & will win by late stoppage.

Undercard looks good as well with Gary Cornish & Danny Price, shame they're both fighting TBA
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #36
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Good to see Boxing is coming back to teesside regularly, Hall is defending his commonwealth title in darlington next month.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #37
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Looking forward to this card. JLS is solid & well-organised, I think he'll be able to control the fight as Dolan fades & will win by late stoppage.

Undercard looks good as well with Gary Cornish & Danny Price, shame they're both fighting TBA
think peter cope will be the fight of the night he has a good style and is an excellent combination puncher but lacks power so it always gives his opponent a chance and he looks like he struggles at the weight so be interesting fight
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #38
ryanmorton
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaheed View Post
Anyword on travis fighting?
Was talking to a mutual mate of me and travis yesterday and he said travis is fighting a 6 rounder but not sure who against
ryanmorton is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #39
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmorton View Post
Was talking to a mutual mate of me and travis yesterday and he said travis is fighting a 6 rounder but not sure who against
cheers mate, thats good news! travis can still make a dent at british level at least if he gets more active
Old 02-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #40
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What were the prices for this? I see Steve Wraith is charging 39 quid for his latest card in May which is headlined by a 33 yr old who has only had 5 fights and hasn't fought since 2005
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullow View Post
What were the prices for this? I see Steve Wraith is charging 39 quid for his latest card in May which is headlined by a 33 yr old who has only had 5 fights and hasn't fought since 2005
Whats the 33year olds name?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #42
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Whats the 33year olds name?
Andrew 'el Cannon' Buchanan

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he'll be 33 in May anyway

Must be a fairly popular lad with a few mates that he can sell too, i dont know what the deal is with the 8 year absence but wouldn't have him down as headline material.

It's good that there is boxing back in the North East (and particularly Newcastle, for logistic reasons), but it does take the piss a bit when you can get to see Purdy, Barker and Camacho-Clark for as little as 20 and we have to pay double to see this bloke. i know all about the costs, small arena etc but still a bit shit for the paying punter who doesnt know any of the boxers.

The Sunderland card is pretty good - British title, relative big name up here in JLD, supported by people most have heard of like cornish and price.
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #43
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The Hall bill looks good to with chubz and hepper on the undercard. Fox/Mcray on jld undercard looks a good little scrap. If its 39quid then kash will be on undercard again.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #44
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
The Hall bill looks good to with chubz and hepper on the undercard. Fox/Mcray on jld undercard looks a good little scrap. If its 39quid then kash will be on undercard again.
never heard of hepper, but thomas ward is on and is supposed to be good - to be fair he has been on the last 2 Wraith cards, and will prob be on this one as well. would have been more appealing if he (despite age, and lack of fights), ismay or even clauzel were the headliner.

re: kash i'm confused, are you taking the piss, or do you rate him?
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hepper likes a good war. I dont rate kash but he sells bucketload of tickets thats why he will be on undercard.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum