Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #46
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: How do you see Jones Sonnen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Not a chance, and you've given no good reason as to why you disagree. Just making it personal imo, but I don't mind that noise. Keep on, and I'll explain myself when I have to.
The worst thing about it is you think the pathetic reasons you give are legit.

By you're logic Mike Spinks would of been stronger than Mike Tyson when Tyson was 19 years old
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #47
Peter__1987

vCash:

Yeah, I agree, Jon Jones is a ****ing weakling and certainly doesn't possess "real man strength".

This was most evident to me when I seen him judo throw Shogun and Suplex Stephan Bonnar.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #48
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1437

Quote:
Yes he is, Anderson Silva is a few years older and JJ hasn't reached his potential yet. Simply put, JJ doesn't have that grown man strength just yet.
You post like you spar with them..?
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #49
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Yeah, I agree, Jon Jones is a ****ing weakling and certainly doesn't possess "real man strength".

This was most evident to me when I seen him judo throw Shogun and Suplex Stephan Bonnar.
Judo throws arent about strength its more technical same with the suplex
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #50
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Silva has better striking than Jones. Everything else is in Jones favor. To say that Jones, a much bigger framed guy who is a better wrestler, isn't as strong as Anderson just because he is younger is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #51
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Jones isn't as strong yet as he will be. But physically he is a ****ing monster compared to Anderson. Taller and much much bigger framed in the torso. His shoulders are much broader and he's just an all-round bigger, stronger guy than Anderson.

Plus Jones' fighting style is much more strength-based. Anderson prefers not to grapple, though I think his strength is a little underrated. When he got Franklin in the Thai clinch and muscled him across the cage throwing knees at him, Franklin was like a helpless child. He couldn't do anything to escape.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #52
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
One big question, is Jones so bad off his back, that Sonnen may actually pound him out or submit him?

Its a perfectly valid question, Jones is a novice in terms of technical JJ in defensive areas, the word on the street is that he simply has not kicked on in terms of development in that area.

If I had to make a bet, will Sonnen take Jones down yes or no? I'm saying yes, then comes into question Jones's guard and bottom game, Sonnen mounted Anderson Silva twice! the guy can grapple/wrestle better than most if not all in world MMA, you just never know what might happen if he scores a clean double leg on Jones and goes to work.

My feeling is that Jones will sprawl and strike, Sonnen will rush in, get desperate and will come up short, but ..................... I do think we will finally see Jones on his back at some point in this fight!
I'd consider the fight a success for Sonnen if he is able to make Jones work off his back at some point. We haven't seen that from him at title level yet.

Would laugh my ass off if Sonnen pounded him out or submitted him. If he gets Jones on his back, I'd like to see Sonnen throwing elbows with the intention of cutting him up. See how he handles that.

Realistically though, I see Jones stuffing most of not all of the takedown attempts, and hurting him badly enough on the feet to either get him out of there or reduce his effectiveness down to nothing.

Sonnen will give it his all though. I get the feeling that win or lose, he'll walk away after this fight. He's not in the sport to make up numbers. He's rich already, he's got a lot of options for his post-fighting career, and he strikes me as the type of guy who would walk away on top. If he loses, he knows he'll never wear gold and I don't think Sonnen will fight on without the hope of winning a championship.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #53
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Judo throws arent about strength its more technical same with the suplex
Yeah when there is a man of your own size resisting those throws there is an element of strength involved.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #54
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Jones is way stronger than Anderson, not close.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #55
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's true, and Silva has just as much if not more power in his strikes. Just because he isn't tossing people on the inside (Greco Roman backround) doesn't mean he is weaker... Boxing is a perfect example, any young person who has sparred with a grown man or seen the two paired knows what I'm talking.

Funny how I got 3 replies without a single explanation, some people just love to be wrong.
Correction, you got 3 people baffled asking for an explination?

And we got this :

"any young person who has sparred with a grown man or seen the two paired knows what I'm talking"

Maybe you should ask Oscar De La Hoya then aged 17 how his spar went with Chavez Sr
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #56
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I'd consider the fight a success for Sonnen if he is able to make Jones work off his back at some point. We haven't seen that from him at title level yet.

Would laugh my ass off if Sonnen pounded him out or submitted him. If he gets Jones on his back, I'd like to see Sonnen throwing elbows with the intention of cutting him up. See how he handles that.

Realistically though, I see Jones stuffing most of not all of the takedown attempts, and hurting him badly enough on the feet to either get him out of there or reduce his effectiveness down to nothing.

Sonnen will give it his all though. I get the feeling that win or lose, he'll walk away after this fight. He's not in the sport to make up numbers. He's rich already, he's got a lot of options for his post-fighting career, and he strikes me as the type of guy who would walk away on top. If he loses, he knows he'll never wear gold and I don't think Sonnen will fight on without the hope of winning a championship.

Sonnen is difficult to negate in pure wrestling terms, because he is Roman Greco schooled, so before you know he has locked you up and grabbed a single, or he has turned you coming in and grabbed a body lock, Its very difficult to defend against somebody so good when they are in close, i.e. on top of you. (not literally)

Sonnens way of getting in, is to bulldozer in! Jones doesnt strike for effect he strikes for range control and to score points, initially this will hurt Jones because Sonnen may rush under or over his jab & kicking ability, the longer the fight goes the more tired Sonnen gets from the overwhelming strength of Jones, and Jones will finish him off by either by GnP or corner retirement.

Ill say this though, if Sonnen gets him to the mat early, he can make this interesting! Another thing that will be interesting is will Jones actually shoot on Sonnen?
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #57
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

And we got this :

"any young person who has sparred with a grown man or seen the two paired knows what I'm talking"

Maybe you should ask Oscar De La Hoya then aged 17 how his spar went with Chavez Sr
Lol, he's since disappeared.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #58
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
The worst thing about it is you think the pathetic reasons you give are legit.

By you're logic Mike Spinks would of been stronger than Mike Tyson when Tyson was 19 years old
You went wrong trying to compare Iron Mike to JJ, a man who was 180lbs at 12 years, and fighting at HW by the age of 15.... A true mesomorph to an ectomorph with a 84'' reach? Come on son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post

Quote:
It's true, and Silva has just as much if not more power in his strikes. Just because he isn't tossing people on the inside (Greco Roman backround) doesn't mean he is weaker... Boxing is a perfect example, any young person who has sparred with a grown man or seen the two paired knows what I'm talking.

Funny how I got 3 replies without a single explanation, some people just love to be wrong.
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhill View Post
You post like you spar with them..?
Of course not, but I have my own experience. I have my reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
Silva has better striking than Jones. Everything else is in Jones favor. To say that Jones, a much bigger framed guy who is a better wrestler, isn't as strong as Anderson just because he is younger is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
See bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Jones isn't as strong yet as he will be. But physically he is a ****ing monster compared to Anderson. Taller and much much bigger framed in the torso. His shoulders are much broader and he's just an all-round bigger, stronger guy than Anderson.

Plus Jones' fighting style is much more strength-based. Anderson prefers not to grapple, though I think his strength is a little underrated. When he got Franklin in the Thai clinch and muscled him across the cage throwing knees at him, Franklin was like a helpless child. He couldn't do anything to escape.

Good points, and I can't really disagree with what has been said. Definitely something to think about. What I was driving at is that if the two were to square off I don't think we will see JJ being able to out muscle Anderson Silva. I believe that Anderson Silva's takedown defense is strong enough to hold off JJ.

Who knows, maybe we will find out someday.

Quote:

And we got this :

DLH fought for a MW Title, and Chavez fought as low as the Bantamweight limit. By the time the two squared off Chavez was a blown up WW.... I don't know what you think, but strength will not always beat technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
Lol, he's since disappeared.
I disappeared because it was 9 in the morning when I replied and had spent the next 10 hours helping my women and her family (3 women and a child) move into their new place. Not to mention that I got an education to finish. I spend more time on here than I should, and now ESB gets in the way of life... It use to be the other way around
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #59
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mate you are truly deluded, I have trained in combat sports boxing and judo, and if someone is that muc bigger, unless they are a fat/out of shape etc/train like a moron they are stronger than you, thats why there are weight classes. Look at the size difference between Jones and Silva its significant. Either way noone agrees with you and you are clearly ignorant so I'd rather not have a back and forth thing going on, believe what you want.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #60
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

You seem to take your internet very seriously, and I'm not gonna play the 1-2 game either over this. If your wondering where I went I'm gonna let you know... Also, I could give a # if nobody were to agree with me. BobDigi isn't trying to persuade anybody, just here for conversation, so don't get all tight with me over who you think is stronger.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum