Old 02-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #301
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Has Sergio Martinez had six middleweight title fights or three? For comparison.
Martinez beat the man who beat the man who beat the undisputed champion. Holmes never did that.

Therefore I feel this argument to be flawed.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #302
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

talked with wlad. 'others are in the mix as well"
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #303
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Thanks Chef, much apreciate your posts here. I`m curious to know who you would like to see on the opposing corner for this next fight.

Let`s state the facts here, Sauerland always makes it very hard to make a deal with K2, so Povetkin, Helenius and Pulev are out of the running for this one.

Fury finally revealed himself with his 10 million demand. What a re****ed.

Solis was close but the DKP connection rules it completelly out, K2 hates Don King.

Arreola is signed to fight. Price too and doesn`t want it this soon in his career.

After that we only have Adamek and Boytsov (complicated promotional issues as well) before moving on to the next level of contenders where Pianeta, Jennings, M. Perez and Glazkov are in.

IMO, I`m hoping for Boytsov but Pianeta is OK considering the facts.

CHEF, any real chance Boytsov is signed for this next fight? Is he in the mix?
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #304
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
talked with wlad. 'others are in the mix as well"
Woohoo!!!

No more Placenta!
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #305
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
Thanks Chef, much apreciate your posts here. I`m curious to know who you would like to see on the opposing corner for this next fight.

Let`s state the facts here, Sauerland always makes it very hard to make a deal with K2, so Povetkin, Helenius and Pulev are out of the running for this one.

Fury finally revealed himself with his 10 million demand. What a re****ed.

Solis was close but the DKP connection rules it completelly out, K2 hates Don King.

Arreola is signed to fight. Price too and doesn`t want it this soon in his career.

After that we only have Adamek and Boytsov (complicated promotional issues as well) before moving on to the next level of contenders where Pianeta, Jennings, M. Perez and Glazkov are in.

IMO, I`m hoping for Boytsov but Pianeta is OK considering the facts.

CHEF, any real chance Boytsov is signed for this next fight? Is he in the mix?
True on all the points you made about Don king killed solis fight, Arreola is set, price is set, **** even Fury is almost set and sauerland wants Povetkin in there and will not risk other fighters.

promoter issue from what I understand with Boystov. plus he is in a mand position

Should be announced soon
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #306
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 527

Fury did NOT demand 10 million.
It was a methaphor meaning , no amout of money is worth dealing with the Klitchkos and their slave contracts.
There is a whole thread dedicated to it.
The fact most people took that statement literally shows the amount of dumb dumbs on this forum.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #307
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
True on all the points you made about Don king killed solis fight, Arreola is set, price is set, **** even Fury is almost set and sauerland wants Povetkin in there and will not risk other fighters.

promoter issue from what I understand with Boystov. plus he is in a mand position

Should be announced soon
According to The Scene, Bryant Jennings seems up for it?

Though I wouldn't have thought he was anywhere near ready :S
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #308
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

This fight won't be on April 6th.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #309
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

After checking my Top30, I think the best options are Helenius, Adamek, Solis, Chisora and Pianeta.

Boytsov would probably be the best option but he can get a mandatory position and more money.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #310
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130

Quote:

Should be announced soon
Very good to hear this, although the list of other available opponents not tied up or held back by their promoter, isn't that much better then Pianeta. So expect complaints again, no matter who is picked, if it does in fact change.

I could have lived with Pianeta, because of his height,southpaw,and record, and understand the attraction over there in Germany. But I certainly wasn't going to get overly excited about the fight. But I'd rather see the champ inside the ring 3x's a yr, then not..
krazylegs is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #311
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
After checking my Top30, I think the best options are Helenius, Adamek, Solis, Chisora and Pianeta.

Boytsov would probably be the best option but he can get a mandatory position and more money.

Helenius - Sauerland are morons who would insist on a 40 split for a voluntary or some ****

Adamek - looks to be ducking Pulev and his IBF eliminator shot so he can go after Banks and the WBC vacant belt route. Doesnt seem to want a title shot against Volodymyr.

Solis - King/Onar promotional dispute still not allowing him to fight, same **** that kept him out the IBF tourney

Chisora - possible but another brutal KO loss probably isnt what hes lokking for right now having lost 4 of his last 5

Boytsov - Kluch promotional bull****

So Pianeta and Luis Ortiz are among the best available contenders unless someone like Mago or Fury wanted a premature title shot and Fury hjust said he'll never fight a Klychko.

Edit - so Pianeta is off now? Okay i missed to info
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #312
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post

hellenius is tied in with Saureland ,so he's most likely off limits, although I'd pick him if I could. But if people complained about Solis coming off an injury, and horrid performance in his last bout, they'd do the same to Hellenius. Adamek has the name, and following, but has absolutely 0% of winning, and you'd get complaining that he should have lost 2 of his last 3 fights. That leaves Chisora on your list, and even though Wlad might want revenge for the spit, how could he justify fighting a guy who only has 14 wins and lost 4 of his last 5. Although I admit that was a tough stretch, and one that should be admired, and respected, seeing as the rest of the division would rather go 28-0 fighting cans and get a title shot.
krazylegs is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #313
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad*****ter View Post
Me too, but let's be realistic. Helenius is with Sauerland and that means they will only send him once he has mandatory challenger status -- which is he isn't close to for the foreseeable future.
Helenius is rated #1 in the WBO so we should expect a final eliminator soon. He'll probably become mandatory this year so long as he wins.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #314
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mike Perez might be an interesting option...
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #315
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post

Solis - King/Onar promotional dispute still not allowing him to fight, same **** that kept him out the IBF tourney
V, can you elaborate? I know nothing about Solis' management & back-story. who / what is Onar?
Cableaddict is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum