boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #61
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: How do you see Jones Sonnen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
You seem to take your internet very seriously, and I'm not gonna play the 1-2 game either over this. If your wondering where I went I'm gonna let you know... Also, I could give a # if nobody were to agree with me. BobDigi isn't trying to persuade anybody, just here for conversation, so don't get all tight with me over who you think is stronger.
Sure thing kid
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #62
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
You went wrong trying to compare Iron Mike to JJ, a man who was 180lbs at 12 years, and fighting at HW by the age of 15.... A true mesomorph to an ectomorph with a 84'' reach? Come on son.

^^

Of course not, but I have my own experience. I have my reasons

See bold.

Good points, and I can't really disagree with what has been said. Definitely something to think about. What I was driving at is that if the two were to square off I don't think we will see JJ being able to out muscle Anderson Silva. I believe that Anderson Silva's takedown defense is strong enough to hold off JJ.

Who knows, maybe we will find out someday.

DLH fought for a MW Title, and Chavez fought as low as the Bantamweight limit. By the time the two squared off Chavez was a blown up WW.... I don't know what you think, but strength will not always beat technique.

I disappeared because it was 9 in the morning when I replied and had spent the next 10 hours helping my women and her family (3 women and a child) move into their new place. Not to mention that I got an education to finish. I spend more time on here than I should, and now ESB gets in the way of life... It use to be the other way around
Oh really, thank you for that in-sight Ill fill in the blanks on my calendar dated 1991

De La Hoya sparred Chavez Sr when he was 17 and bullied him, they called off the spar because Chavez was getting a pasting, Chavez was a seasoned world champion, it was merely an example

Jones has his man strength Bob, I'm not sure you can go anywhere else defending that statment mate! He is a man, man strength comes through about age 22-25 after 25 its more a question of becoming seasoned not so much dynamic physical attributes
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #63
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Oh really, thank you for that in-sight Ill fill in the blanks on my calendar dated 1991

De La Hoya sparred Chavez Sr when he was 17 and bullied him, they called off the spar because Chavez was getting a pasting, Chavez was a seasoned world champion, it was merely an example

Jones has his man strength Bob, I'm not sure you can go anywhere else defending that statment mate! He is a man, man strength comes through about age 22-25 after 25 its more a question of becoming seasoned not so much dynamic physical attributes
I said grown man strength, which means that he hasn't reached his full potential and therefore not head and shoulders above Anderson Silva when it comes to physical strength. Someday, but not as of now. I'm not denying that by 25 you are not a boy anymore, but I believe some of you need to read more carefully.

Anderson Silva will never be a HW like JJ will, but they are very close strength wise.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #64
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I said grown man strength, which means that he hasn't reached his full potential and therefore not head and shoulders above Anderson Silva when it comes to physical strength. Someday, but not as of now. I'm not denying that by 25 you are not a boy anymore, but I believe some of you need to read more carefully.

Anderson Silva will never be a HW like JJ will, but they are very close strength wise.
Sure thing kid
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum