Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

so far ive been doing sprints 8 times uphill 100 yards. I was thinking of buying those little parachutes for running. Good investment?

so far im doing some research but all i know is that too much resistance is bad, ruins form etc. Can any of the fitness guru's here care to enlighten me

there are 3 sizes, i can get small medium or large for the parachutes. Would it make sense for me to get a small or medium since im already sprinting uphill?

Last edited by r1p00pk; 02-11-2013 at 04:10 AM.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
so far ive been doing sprints 8 times uphill 100 yards. I was thinking of buying those little parachutes for running. Good investment?

so far im doing some research but all i know is that too much resistance is bad, ruins form etc. Can any of the fitness guru's here care to enlighten me
Wont do you any good, running uphill. Should only be used running on a track at speed.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Wont do you any good, running uphill. Should only be used running on a track at speed.

thanks i appreciate it but im curious as to why? could you dumb it down for me scrap, im only a first year college student, just bombed biology
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,638
vCash: 347
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
thanks i appreciate it but im curious as to why? could you dumb it down for me scrap, im only a first year college student, just bombed biology
You're already running uphill no need for a parachute, like scrap said it's better on a track
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #5
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
You're already running uphill no need for a parachute, like scrap said it's better on a track

I dont get how added resistance is bad though?
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
I dont get how added resistance is bad though?
You wont pick enough speed up to open it, or find any benefit. Its more a proprioceptive thing for posture. Started doing it 25 years ago, so its finally catching on .
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Just hold an umbrella.
Speechless is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
I dont get how added resistance is bad though?
Running up a hill is resistance enough (in a way). If you find it too easy you're not pushing yourself hard enough or you're running up a ***** hill!
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Running up a hill is resistance enough (in a way). If you find it too easy you're not pushing yourself hard enough or you're running up a ***** hill!
oh deffinently not that. I still get nausea during my run. but okay thanks guys appreciate it
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the laptop in notts england
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

when your hill running try to set target for recovery as well as sprints

its most important to recover properly between sprints or you will not get maximum effort when running
123ko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
vibit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 350
vCash: 920
Default Re: Buying a Parachute for sprinting uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123ko View Post
when your hill running try to set target for recovery as well as sprints

its most important to recover properly between sprints or you will not get maximum effort when running
QFT

Would be nice to track recovery with a heart rate monitor as well.
vibit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013