Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #31
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Two guys who won't be fighting Amir Khan any time soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_NA_Exile
Thanks for the vid. Very entertaining.

Katsidis has exceptional strength but the guy is wide open from every single angle. His punches even come from crazy angles which make for good exciting fights but with an almost non-existant jab, he could fight Casa 10 times and would ko'ed 9 times. I wouldn't even call Casa a hugely powerful puncher. A Casa who is really on his way down and i hope that he isn't around in a couple of yrs to take on Khan!

Some ppl on here seem to think that this Kats is some world class stalwart and ppl who have seen at least a few of his last fights, without even needing to follow him closely, would know that he just ain't!

I think within a year, Khan would be ready for him. I think he could take him now but i think the right level of experience is necessary for Khan. Not that i think Khan is anywhere near a world level fighter yet but Kats (One of my fave fighters to watch, btw) would just be a name on Khan's resume.

Yeah, he would cause Khan huge problems with Kats' sheer power but Khan would have the advantage of his skills and size advantage and the fact that he'll be fighting someone who can't defend for shit! Sometimes i would wish Kats would calm it down a little cos i really hope to see him continue for ten more years cos he's is one of my favourite warriors!

And another thing is that I will not be making the mistake in thinking that Casa is somehow still in his prime because, i just don't think he is. This fight just gives a very distorted view. He beat Kats who is many ppls fave fighter but in no way did he beat a world class young fighter. He didnt even beat a fighter who made 'mistakes' as Kats claimed because that's just the way he fights. If he did just makes 'mistakes', he's been doing that shit for a long time and will be doing it until he retires.

my sentiments exactly
stake501 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #32
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I think Katsidis deserves more praise for his performance (bar one moment of madness), I think the sentiment that he would lose 9 times out of 10 against Casamayor is probably way off - let's not forget that Katsidis was actually ahead on the cards when for some unknown reason he decided to go all out (even after the terrible first round). I think he definitely deserves a rematch, and if he learns some vital lessons then I would have him as the favourite to win.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #33
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm not a Khan nuthugger or a ****** fan but I don't see where this thread is heading. Katsidis was caused big trouble by Earl who was then put away without any probs by Khan. Casamayor shouldn't even be in this fight - the decision he got off Santa Cruz preceding this was a disgrace. I don't think Khan would be the one wanting to avoid either of this pair
HOF is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #34
ravi B
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

kats is a great guy its impossable to not like him
ravi B is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 04:13 AM   #35
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The problem with a Khan-Katsidis fight would be that by the time it's even considered, Katsidis might have taken too many shots. When you fight like Katsidis does then you can't really maintain your prime for too long.

There would be no point in setting up Khan-Katsidis by the time he's way past it. If it's going to, let it happen now (Frank ****** would conveniently find his way around this).
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 05:59 AM   #36
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I like Katsidis...but the Gatti comparisions are bang on Im afriad.

I honestly think Khan would beat him...though as Jeff says his handlers are unlikely to risk it.

Last edited by Half-Dane; 04-17-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #37
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I would expect ****** to want to wait it out for Campbell and Casamayor to fight each other, then drop a title. Or for Pac to beat Diaz and then move up and challenege for the vacant title.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #38
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
nice one...i'll definitely be recording this when sky show it on friday. looks to be a great fight

Contender for fight of the year so thats what I'm going to do - record it when they show a delayed airing this Friday 9.30pm Sky Sports 1.

These guys would be a HUGE step up for Khan and Kristjansen is hardly the right preparation for either.
elle is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #39
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
if you are counting non-genuine world titles, theres always lee mcallister
Maybe thats an explanation for McAllister withdrawing from his upcoming fight with Gomez - if he were to lose his title he would also lose the chance of a lucrative fight with Khan.

Now that Rees has lost and the lightweight division in general has been shaken up McAllister is the easiest and quickest route to a 'world title' (I use that term loosely) for Khan.
elle is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #40
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

i think lightweight is on of the strongest divisons. Casamayor, Katsidis, Campbell, Diaz and the contedners like Khan are good too.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #41
doggyland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Swinging left hooks - gotta love that punch
doggyland is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum