Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #706
oskari

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
I just wanna tone up bro.
Jesus christ. "Tone up"? What the hell. You show the six pack by starving yourself, not doing high rep exercises. "Tone".. ****ing ridiculous notion.

Also to add to the training calves portion. Why would you do isolation exercises for calves? Lift heavy. They'll come. Calf size is usually proportional to how heavy you are, look at the neighbourhood fatty, he probably has more muscular calves than you do and that's perfectly fine.
oskari is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #707
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
Running is good for calves, everyone I know that runs regularly has at least a decent set of calves.
One of my mates went to Sweden.. Apparently everybody there jogs super slowly on their toes.. and they have great calf muscles.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #708
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskari View Post
Jesus christ. "Tone up"? What the hell. You show the six pack by starving yourself, not doing high rep exercises. "Tone".. ****ing ridiculous notion.

Also to add to the training calves portion. Why would you do isolation exercises for calves? Lift heavy. They'll come. Calf size is usually proportional to how heavy you are, look at the neighbourhood fatty, he probably has more muscular calves than you do and that's perfectly fine.
Really dude? This is the best you could come up with? This is the epitome of your intelligence? You mean you actually typed that out, and then said: "Yup, I'm posting this."? Yes I want to tone up. Listen, I have relatives from not so far back that were Nimibian tribesman. They happen to have fought lions just to become warriors. I don't know what you know about lions but they aren't like your average cat. I bet you would absolutely shit yourself if you ever saw a real life lion, especially if you were only holding a sharpened stick and you were naked. Come talk to me when some of your family members have gone on the Zambutu bibjano; A.K.A. the trial of life. Until you have done half the shit that they have maybe you shouldn't even talk to me like this. I know you think you're hard and shit but guess what pal, you aren't. Now go grow some Namibian genes and we'll talk about this shit for real.
Smudger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #709
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
What are you're other hobbies/interests Smudger? I would love to cut down my drinking but can't find a better way to spend my time in England.
I love cars. I spend ridiculous amounts of money modifying my cars. People don't get it, neither do I tbh lol. But it's a passion and interest that I'll have forever. I spend a good 80% of my money on cars.
I love travelling too. Been to Vegas twice in the past year and a half, am going to the Philippines in July. The rest of my money goes on holidays
Honestly I still enjoy a good night out, it has to be with the right company though. I can easily switch from the life and soul to the quiet guy depending on who I'm with.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #710
oskari

Quote:
Really dude? This is the best you could come up with? This is the epitome of your intelligence? You mean you actually typed that out, and then said: "Yup, I'm posting this."? Yes I want to tone up. Listen, I have relatives from not so far back that were Nimibian tribesman. They happen to have fought lions just to become warriors. I don't know what you know about lions but they aren't like your average cat. I bet you would absolutely shit yourself if you ever saw a real life lion, especially if you were only holding a sharpened stick and you were naked. Come talk to me when some of your family members have gone on the Zambutu bibjano; A.K.A. the trial of life. Until you have done half the shit that they have maybe you shouldn't even talk to me like this. I know you think you're hard and shit but guess what pal, you aren't. Now go grow some Namibian genes and we'll talk about this shit for real.
I am intelligent you know. I'm also not Namibian, I'm Swedish. My family farmed and hunted in the summer and were lumberjacks during the winter. They weren't warriors, they were hard workers. But I haven't ever felled more than a couple of trees, and you sure as hell haven't fought a lion, neither naked with a stick nor with a rifle. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

My point still stands, the whole notion of the "tone up" of muscles is ridiculous.
oskari is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #711
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
He's right, though, "toning" isn't an actual thing.

Lower your bodyfat through training and diet. If you have muscle you'll look good. If you have no muscle you'll look skinny and shit. Simple as that.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #712
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Jesus ****, Smudger caught a few bites with a throw-away troll comment
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #713
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post

I don't care how this sounds I think you have the ideal physique craig. Big but not too big that it looks ridiculous and ripped but not too ripped. You've got a great balance of looking like a regular guy (not some steroided gym fiend) but having good size and definition. Not sure if a no homo can save me from that but excellent work cutt.
Cheers matt that's pretty much the look I was going for, I never wanted to compete in bodybuilding or anything like that I just wanted a decent size/shape and to be fairly strong and I'm fairly happy with my results although there is plenty Id like to improve on.

Also Id like to confirm that JDSM does have man calfs.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #714
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Jesus ****, Smudger caught a few bites with a throw-away troll comment
No I genuinely wanna tone up. I'm doing low weight high reps. For example today I did 25 reps on incline bench with 10kg dumbbells. I don't wanna get too big lol.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #715
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I started doing DB snatches, fun exercise.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #716
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
No I genuinely wanna tone up. I'm doing low weight high reps. For example today I did 25 reps on incline bench with 10kg dumbbells. I don't wanna get too big lol.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #717
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

So who has done or rates circuit training? I do a 5 min on 1 minute off repeat x3 thing generally. I really like it as a good way to get some sport specific movements done while working cardio.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #718
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
The nike freeruns are supposed to be good for the gym.
They're actually probably the worst shoe you can use in the gym. They offer very little stability, never use any sort of running shoe in the gym. Use a cheap stiff shoe with little material, barefoot or weight lifting shoes. You'll be able to lift more.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #719
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
I started doing DB snatches, fun exercise.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #720
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
They're actually probably the worst shoe you can use in the gym. They offer very little stability, never use any sort of running shoe in the gym. Use a cheap stiff shoe with little material, barefoot or weight lifting shoes. You'll be able to lift more.
Not true really, as long as you don't get trainers with air bubbles they are fine. I was lifting in vans before and although decent in my opinion the heel wore away really quick. I much prefer lifting in the lunarswifts and there is no way in hell Id buy lifting shoes.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing