Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #721
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
What sort of weight do you use for reps? I started off a little light just to get the technique right and be sure I'm not gonna snap my shoulder up!
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #722
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

I used to wear dunlop volleys in the gym, but I recently got a pair of vibrams. I hated barefoot shoes for years for no reason, but as soon as I started wearing them I loved them. Can't see myself changing training shoes for a while.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #723
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
What sort of weight do you use for reps? I started off a little light just to get the technique right and be sure I'm not gonna snap my shoulder up!
95lbs
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #724
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
95lbs
Nice work!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #725
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Not true really, as long as you don't get trainers with air bubbles they are fine. I was lifting in vans before and although decent in my opinion the heel wore away really quick. I much prefer lifting in the lunarswifts and there is no way in hell Id buy lifting shoes.
It's actually 100% true. They are fine and lots of my rugby players lift with the nike free runs but they are not ideal, you will be able to lift more with a more stable shoe or barefoot. What's with the aversion to lifting shoes? If you're serious about lifting they're a good investment, no different than buying a pair of running shoes.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #726
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

wrestling shoes seem to work well...
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #727
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

I agree with not wearing running shoes for lifting (well, atleast for compounds). I don't have any lifting shoes but I just wear a pair of adidas for my squats and pumas for my deads. I prefer different shoes for my squats and deads, just from playing about.

I might get some weightlifting shoes for squatting as I don't think I've heard a single person get them and say they weren't worth the money.

Walden farms pancake syrup has helped me spare plenty of my carb allowance today
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #728
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I dont care what I lift in running shoes are fine so are no shoes, so long as you arent using walking boots I dont see the problem.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #729
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like my boxing boots for lifting but they take ages to lace up.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #730
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Just pinned for the first time. Dis gon be goooooood.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #731
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
It's actually 100% true. They are fine and lots of my rugby players lift with the nike free runs but they are not ideal, you will be able to lift more with a more stable shoe or barefoot. What's with the aversion to lifting shoes? If you're serious about lifting they're a good investment, no different than buying a pair of running shoes.
I wouldn't buy running shoes if they weren't really needed. With lifting shoes I just think why bother? I can lift barefoot in my gym if I want to. I did look into lifting shoes a bit back they all seemed pretty expensive and I don't see them at all as a must.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #732
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
I dont care what I lift in running shoes are fine so are no shoes, so long as you arent using walking boots I dont see the problem.
Walking boots are actually far better for lifting than running shoes, so are basketball boots (thin sole so lower COG, greater stability).
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #733
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I wouldn't buy running shoes if they weren't really needed. With lifting shoes I just think why bother? I can lift barefoot in my gym if I want to. I did look into lifting shoes a bit back they all seemed pretty expensive and I don't see them at all as a must.
Each to their own. They are no more expensive than running shoes and no less useful to what you're doing. Plus you look the part
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #734
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

I mean you are probably right but how does bare foot compare to lifting shoes?
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #735
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I mean you are probably right but how does bare foot compare to lifting shoes?
It's basically the exact same thing. You say you can go barefoot in your gym so I guess you can save that coin. Personally I wouldn't like to be around weights without shoes and I'd feel like a bit of a hobo.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing