Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #16
Vaas Montenegro
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Been doing it for years, love my trips round the Universe. out of of all the Armys that do it, Israels were the 1st. Not the best way to implement it. I use the TM technique, but Im sure the others are good too.
What is the TM technique?

I'd a nice experience last week while meditating. I was focusing on my breath trying to clear my head, when I felt like I could see my thought and i could see the breaks between thought. Like a road where you can see the cars and the breaks between the cars. I felt like I was 100% living just in the moment.
Vaas Montenegro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Meditation

Vaas, Its Transcendental Meditation, using a Mantra, a word. It has to be taught, takes time to click in, but when it does wow . Guy who always reminds me of what it can do, is Yoda from Star Wars. .
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
OG Wenger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Meditation

Is this like hands-free masturbation?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I don't dedicate as much time to it as I should but when I'm in my car and certain situations I try to be mindful so I guess I meditate regularly in that sense.
do ever shoot your sockra right back up from ma ring up into the base of your spine?
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Wenger View Post
Is this like hands-free masturbation?
Some Pricks would think so.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
do ever shoot your sockra right back up from ma ring up into the base of your spine?
Johnstown I've already told you, no. Not until you at least lose 80 pounds anyway.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #22
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Meditation

I always use a good portion of my warm-up to 'meditate' or atleast get myself in a good place psychologically.

Reading a book that is a total mind**** always puts me in a good place, even though it's not meditation.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
Vaas Montenegro
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I always use a good portion of my warm-up to 'meditate' or atleast get myself in a good place psychologically.

Reading a book that is a total mind**** always puts me in a good place, even though it's not meditation.
I've heard quite a lot people saying reading is like meditation. You shut everything out except the book, and kinda get "sucked into" the book.

Sometimes I wish my english vocabulary was bigger. "sucked into"
Vaas Montenegro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Meditation

How difficult is it to start? I feel like it would be great for me, but it's got to be frustrating for a while right?
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #25
Vaas Montenegro
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
How difficult is it to start? I feel like it would be great for me, but it's got to be frustrating for a while right?
I've been doing it for 7 weeks now. There's been times when i've wanted to punch through a wall in rage. Feel more in control over my thoughts now, and dont get as frustrated.

"Finding peace in a frantic world" is the book/program I've been using. It was origianally made for people with depression, but have heaps of other benefits. The book does a good job of explainding what the benefits of meditation is, and backs it up with scientific evidence. Try it out for yourself. I have a feeling it might be the best thing I ever did for myself.
Vaas Montenegro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #26
Vaas Montenegro
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Kill@ watch the second video.
Vaas Montenegro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #27
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaas Montenegro View Post
I've been doing it for 7 weeks now. There's been times when i've wanted to punch through a wall in rage. Feel more in control over my thoughts now, and dont get as frustrated.

"Finding peace in a frantic world" is the book/program I've been using. It was origianally made for people with depression, but have heaps of other benefits. The book does a good job of explainding what the benefits of meditation is, and backs it up with scientific evidence. Try it out for yourself. I have a feeling it might be the best thing I ever did for myself.
My thing is I have ADD and it's pretty much impossible to stop thinking. I've only tried to meditate a couple times but there's always a song going through my head. Drives me nuts.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #28
Vaas Montenegro
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
My thing is I have ADD and it's pretty much impossible to stop thinking. I've only tried to meditate a couple times but there's always a song going through my head. Drives me nuts.
Try it out. I might help with the ADD.
Vaas Montenegro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 AM   #29
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaas Montenegro View Post
Try it out. I might help with the ADD.
It should Help a lot, but you need mentoring. Its not expensive.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #30
Vaas Montenegro
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
It should Help a lot, but you need mentoring. Its not expensive.
I'm doing it by myself. Or a book is my mentor.
Vaas Montenegro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013