Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
ChiefSecond
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 300
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Only a couple days left until Rees grabs that rope.

ChiefSecond is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
cassiusbrit
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

You know if Broner talked sensible like he did in most of this video a lot of people would start to like the guy!
Why does he have to behave like such a dick when quite clearly hes not.
Broner ko 5.
cassiusbrit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
BarkBiter
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 227
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliShuffle View Post
Broner tries so hard to be funny but he's too stupid to pull it off, I know American humour is a bit different to ours but do any of you yanks actually find him funny?
America isn't monolithic; George Carlin, Richard Pryor et al are the best examples of comedy over here - not retarded Broner. Really only a portion of America's youth (almost exclusively the modern rap & drugs-brainwashed sort) would find him anything but cringe-worthily ignorant and maybe only ever funny in laughing AT him.

However, Broner isn't much known in the USA, as boxing is a very minority sport these days and he isn't even a big star within it alone, nevermind sports in general like Pac and a few others are. Amongst American boxing fans, most surely see best to ignore everything outside of his actual boxing.

So, yeah, if you were to ask the average American on the street about him, 90%+ would say "who?" or "I don't follow boxing [some would acknowledge MMA instead]" and if you showed them the relevant video most would certainly say "what a dumbass/moron" and go back to worrying about their finances etc...


Last edited by BarkBiter; 02-12-2013 at 06:15 PM.
BarkBiter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Broner may not articulate in the proper fashion you Brits are used to, but I'm sure there will be no misunderstanding in that square circle. Rees will truely understand what an ass whoopin is and that's what he is getting put on him in a most vicious manner.
Manfred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
BarkBiter
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 227
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
Broner may not articulate in the proper fashion you Brits are used to
Please, I'm American and I care about proper speaking - any reasonable person would.
BarkBiter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

"u ugly"

"cabin fever"

Broner is a ****in fool!

this guy has too much charisma.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #22
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkBiter View Post
Please, I'm American and I care about proper speaking - any reasonable person would.
Well dam, If you'er American, then you shouldn't be complaining because our language can change from state to state, bump that, from neighborhood to neighborhood. Don't hate on the way Broner talks. He probably don't understand you.
Manfred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
BarkBiter
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 227
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
Well dam, If you'er American, then you shouldn't be complaining because our language can change from state to state, bump that, from neighborhood to neighborhood. Don't hate on the way Broner talks. He probably don't understand you.
Your point has nothing to do with Broner's proven lack of education, speaking ability and laughably poor 'comedy' prowess. Add to that his stereotypically shallow/materialistic mindset, and he's just shitty human being. Promising boxer tho!
BarkBiter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkBiter View Post
Your point has nothing to do with Broner's proven lack of education, speaking ability and laughably poor 'comedy' prowess. Add to that his stereotypically shallow/materialistic mindset, and he's just shitty human being. Promising boxer tho!
yes, because boxing is known for being a sport full of college graduates from the suburbs .

boxing will always be an urban sport in america. might as well get used to it.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
BarkBiter
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 227
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
yes, because boxing is known for being a sport full of college graduates from the suburbs .
Indeed, but he could at least talk like he has a brain
BarkBiter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madrid
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
admits to picking 'a nobody' as an opponent lol? and is proud of that?
EuroBot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #27
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Brits mad because Broner is confident and respectful as well as bigging up Rees. LOL.
Folks have an inferiority complex.

Broner handled the press conference well.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #28
AliShuffle
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 575
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Brits mad because Broner is confident and respectful as well as bigging up Rees. LOL.
Folks have an inferiority complex.

Broner handled the press conference well.
His attempt at humour is cringeworthy, that's all.
AliShuffle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Korea via Manchester
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 1667
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Brits mad because Broner is confident and respectful as well as bigging up Rees. LOL.
Folks have an inferiority complex.

Broner handled the press conference well.


If you found that funny you have the intellect of a 12 year old. He tried to do a stand up routine and it was ****ing embarrassing. Pretending he didn't know his name, but then said "Gavin Rees....Gavin Reid? I don't know his name"...the twinkie shit was so try hard...

I actually cringed watching it. I'm not mad, never been a Rees fan and Broner will beat the crap out of him, but he was not in any way respectful. Continually saying he didn't know his name, calling him "ugly". Again some ****ing 12 year old shit...

The guy comes across as a ****. Perhaps he's a decent guy in real life, but that press conference was hard to watch it was so unfunny and juvenile.
Strike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #30
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Adrien Broner Gavin Rees press conference video

Like I said, brits taking it a little too hard.

He was very polite, made some small talk, said he respected Rees and Rees' accomplishments, and then cracked some jokes.

You brits feeling insecure lash out, ignoring how disrespectful and crass Rees was, but it is typical.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013