Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #736
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Had a crap day on the matt today, none of my throws were working, just felt like a total noob.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #737
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
I mean you are probably right but how does bare foot compare to lifting shoes?
Weightlifting shoes have an elevated heel. Great for squatting.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #738
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

So do my running shoes
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #739
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

I always thought barefoot for squats and deads was best since it's the most "natural" for lack of better words. I just wear flat soles though. I'm not sure what my gyms policy is with bare feet, I've never seen anyone barefoot and I lift amongst curl bros and old ladies so I'd look like an absolute weirdo.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #740
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
So do my running shoes
Elevated in relation to the rest of the shoe like these for example?:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #741
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Weightlifting shoes have an elevated heel. Great for squatting.
I believe it also helps activate the quads more?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #742
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pizeeps, I was wondering, when on strength programmes you have dealoading weeks, what happens once you have deloaded for a week? The next week do you return to what you were lifting before the deload week, or add weight to whatever you did on the deload week!? I've never done any deloading personally I'd just like to know?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #743
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Holy shit those shoes are expensive.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #744
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I believe it also helps activate the quads more?
I also know of low-bar squatters that use them. It's easier to break parallel, more stability etc.

I believe Layne uses them and he gets a lot of shit for his squats being like good mornings. He 'good mornings' 605 for 5 though
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #745
OG Wenger

vCash:

Just wear whatever shoes you're wearing. It really doesn't make that much of a difference what you wear on your feet when you deadlift or squat.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #746
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Wenger View Post
Just wear whatever shoes you're wearing. It really doesn't make that much of a difference what you wear on your feet when you deadlift or squat.
You came to this conclusion how?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #747
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pizeeps, I was wondering, when on strength programmes you have dealoading weeks, what happens once you have deloaded for a week? The next week do you return to what you were lifting before the deload week, or add weight to whatever you did on the deload week!? I've never done any deloading personally I'd just like to know?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #748
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
I used to do deload weeks but now I don't bother, I just don't feel the need for them. They seem to be another bodybuilding tradition that people do but can't explain why.

After the deload week it depends on the program you're doing, it should be set out for you.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #749
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I used to do deload weeks but now I don't bother, I just don't feel the need for them. They seem to be another bodybuilding tradition that people do but can't explain why.

After the deload week it depends on the program you're doing, it should be set out for you.
So basically I dont really need to do it?

This is the plan:

A:
Power clean 5x2
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chin 3x10-15

B:
Power clean 5x2
Squat 3x5 (or front squat 5x3)
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

It says deload on the 4th week, as I say I've never done it so I dont get what do once you've deloaded (I'm happy not to deload basically)

Looking at that plan the only thing I wonder is surely some rows would be useful?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #750
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
So basically I dont really need to do it?

This is the plan:

A:
Power clean 5x2
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chin 3x10-15

B:
Power clean 5x2
Squat 3x5 (or front squat 5x3)
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

It says deload on the 4th week, as I say I've never done it so I dont get what do once you've deloaded (I'm happy not to deload basically)

Looking at that plan the only thing I wonder is surely some rows would be useful?
Some people want/need a deload week depending on their current training and state. With my current training I don't feel the need, your personal training you may feel different. Take a week off or deload if you feel the need to as in your performance is dropping. My point is everybody seems to see deload weeks as a must. Every x amount of weeks you must take a deload week, it just isn't the case. I've read people saying shit like "You've trained for 6 weeks straight?! You better take a deload week, bro!" like the guys gonna die or lose 50% of his muscle and strength gains. It's not a requirement like many seem to think.

If you want to do rows replace them with the power cleans, I'm fairly sure they're interchangeable in that program, you'd get more from power cleans, though.
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing