Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #751
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Some people want/need a deload week depending on their current training and state. With my current training I don't feel the need, your personal training you may feel different. Take a week off or deload if you feel the need to. My point is everybody seems to see deload weeks as a must. I've read people saying shit like "You've trained from 6 weeks straight?! You better take a deload week, bro!" like the guys gonna die or lose 50% of his muscles gains. It's not a requirement like many seem to think.

If you want to do rows replace them with the power cleans, I'm fairly sure they're interchangeable in that program, you'd get more from power cleans, though.
The only reason I wondered about rows was theres no rear delt work there, but if deads and pullups provide enough work in that area I'm happy to go without.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #752
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
The only reason I wondered about rows was theres no rear delt work there, but if deads and pullups provide enough work in that area I'm happy to go without.
Band pullaparts
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #753
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Band pullaparts
Yea I'm gonna have to get some of these I think.

What is you're opinion not on deloading but full weeks off from lifting weights, I know its individual, but for example most people off esb that I know who lift weights do 8 weeks on 1 week off, I have always sort of followed this rule too.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #754
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
What is you're opinion not on deloading but full weeks off from lifting weights, I know its individual, but for example most people off esb that I know who lift weights do 8 weeks on 1 week off, I have always sort of followed this rule too.
Again, it's up to you. I'm always progressing in strength and building muscle, I don't take a week off every x amount of weeks yet I consistently improve. So why should I take a week off just because everybody else seems to think it's required for some reason they can't explain? It's bro science.

If my performance drops off and I feel shit then I'll take a few days or up to a week off and see how I feel then, but I don't do regular days/weeks off if they're not needed.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #755
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Again, it's up to you. I'm always progressing in strength and building muscle, I don't take a week off every x amount of weeks yet I consistently improve. So why should I take a week off just because everybody else seems to think it's required for some reason they can't explain? It's bro science.

If my performance drops off and I feel shit then I'll take a few days or up to a week off and see how I feel then, but I don't do regular days/weeks off if they're not needed.
Ok thanks for the advice dude, I'm gonna start that plan next week I'll see if I make it past 8 weeks .
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #756
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

For me training five days a week I rarely need a rest but I take a break if I feel I'm lacking motivation, a week off and I'm itching to get back in the gym as badly as I was when I first started. I don't lose any muscle or strength and I'm remotivated so my lifts often go up.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #757
cutthroat22

Posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here anyway..
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think I'm probably going to switch back to a bodybuilding routine pretty soon.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #758
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

^ Strong. Must be a bitch to grip them.

Have you seen that video of the guy that basically folds in half backwards failing to get a stone up? I'd find it but I don't actually wanna watch it again anytime soon :/
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #759
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
^ Strong. Must be a bitch to grip them.

Have you seen that video of the guy that basically folds in half backwards failing to get a stone up? I'd find it but I don't actually wanna watch it again anytime soon :/
Just trying to get into atlas stones so it's probably not a video I should watch ha. Yea they're really a lot harder than they look, I thought they wouldn't be too bad getting the grip is a right pain and it destroys your forearms. Like I say though my technique is pretty off right now and the guy who was showing me how chucked that 110kg up like it was nothing at all. There are only two stones at the gym I go to and that's the heaviest which is a shame as Its something I'd like to progress on.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #760
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I honestly think I'd struggle on like 50kg. It's just awkward, I have no functional strength. I have no strength full stop actually lmao.

Couldn't find the video anyway.

Meanwhile, I got told off for doing pull ups on the lat pulldown machine
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #761
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
I honestly think I'd struggle on like 50kg. It's just awkward, I have no functional strength. I have no strength full stop actually lmao.

Couldn't find the video anyway.

Meanwhile, I got told off for doing pull ups on the lat pulldown machine
you nob ha, where you doing the thing where you put the weight at the highest then kinda do sitting pull ups? or were you just doing full on pull ups in a serious way?

You'd be fine with fifty, it seems loads of girls do fifty going by the internet. I didn't realise that crossfitters do a fair bit of atlas stone lifting, pretty light weight but I didn't know it was something they used.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #762
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah I finished a set, let it pull me back up, decided to do some pull ups whilst I was up there. PT tells me off and if I'm not gonna take training seriously I might as well quit. OK m8.

They just look really awkward lol. I'll give them a go one day though.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #763
lesterhaale

vCash: 500

Everyday practice is one of the most important steps to build our body in good shape with that we also follow the correct diet. Now-a-days, Many of them are wants the junk food due to this we have a chance to get more body weight. Maintain protein and nutrient food in every meals, follow the tips which are suggested by well experienced persons. If anyone had an experience regarding the topic, Please share that details.

lesterhaale is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #764
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
you nob ha, where you doing the thing where you put the weight at the highest then kinda do sitting pull ups? or were you just doing full on pull ups in a serious way?

You'd be fine with fifty, it seems loads of girls do fifty going by the internet. I didn't realise that crossfitters do a fair bit of atlas stone lifting, pretty light weight but I didn't know it was something they used.
We do quite a variety of things, Craig
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #765
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
We do quite a variety of things, Craig
I know that but I didn't know lifting atlas stones was that common. I searched Instagram for atlas stones and it was mostly crossfitters doing light lifting.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing